News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

dennis-in-ct

In the empty areas, please add:
- a scene of the cute woodland critters in a school setting being taught to play music
- a scene where a cute woodland critter who missed the audition is running to meet up
- a scene of an "audience" of woodland creatures cheering on the band that is auditioning
- young woodland creatures comically imitating the older musician critters playing music
- a cute critter in the gardens at the beginning so there is a reason for the Okra to be waving at me

I mean, where are the fun disney sight gags we all know and love?

There are a lot of nice scenes but it does feel a bit empty and lacks the energy of Splash. LOVE the use of screens to give depth. Awesome. Projections are well-used. I totally dig the music. LOVED the being shrunk and being enlarged.

My heart sank when I saw the outdoor tree branch at the beginning where the set pieces were not replaced. It just felt 'sad" and empty. Removing the cute charm without replacing with something else.

1717276422567.png
1717276696391.png

I am mixed and hoping that in person, it is much better. But then again, I watched all the fantasy springs rides at TDS and the beauty and beast ride at TDL and was wowed by the videos. hmmmmmm

Last edited:

Virtual Toad

It’s a tried and true tactic in PR. Get out ahead of the bad news.
Completely true. At first I was totally baffled why they would release a complete POV spoiler video of the ride so far in advance. Don't they want guests to experience it for the first time for real instead of watching a video? Why should I book an expensive trip to the MK to see something they gave away for free on YouTube? What thrill, joy or surprise is waiting for anyone who sees the video ahead of time?

The best part of Splash (for me at least) is it looked more-or-less like a run-of-the-mill flume ride from the outside. Kind of similar to Big Thunder next door.

But actually riding it for the first time and realizing it was a full-on dark ride was mind-blowing. Classic WDW: set up expectations and then exceed them in every way possible.

But I think you've hit the nail on the head. They are so scared of the reaction they're going to get when the ride opens that they released the video to try to let that negativity play out beforehand. If true, that decision alone speaks volumes about how worried they are about missing the mark.

Brian

I really hate the way these two women have been vilified by those critical of the retheme. And it’s very telling that they have been. I don’t see scapegoats being singled out for other unpopular projects.
Disney has been very public about their involvement in this project from the beginning and have featured them prominently in their promotional materials, positioning them as leaders of this project to the public. Zach Riddley, despite being substantially less publicized by the company, was still panned by many on here for his EPCOT follies.

Last edited:

FettFan

Then explain to me Frozen Journey, Raphael's Lantern Festival, even Peter Pan's Neverland Adventure. I highly doubt Universal will match their quality when Epic Universe opens.

They'll easily surpass PatF with Donkey Kong's Mine Cart Coaster alone.

Plus, there's what they've done with Jurassic World at the Asia parks; if that's any indication of where Uni is taking its new dark rides (*cough*Frankenstein's castle*cough*), Epic Universe will essentially give Mickey an atomic wedgie, then steal his lunch money.

Face it....deep in its heart, Disney has just become lazy. Can't even fix a dadgum Yeti.

Mr. Sullivan

Current Like/Dislike ratio on that POV video-

View attachment 788807

The dislikes are growing (while the likes are not to the same degree), it was 2.6K a few minutes ago.
Not sure this is a fair metric when we all know this would be the same even if they showed us the single greatest ride history had ever seen because swaths of people who would be watching this decided that they were going to attack this no matter what before Splash was even mercifully put to rest.

SuddenStorm

Not sure this is a fair metric when we all know this would be the same even if they showed us the single greatest ride history had ever seen because swaths of people who would be watching this decided that they were going to attack this no matter what before Splash was even mercifully put to rest.

I mean, it does show that even 'casual fans' don't like this. There's been a sentiment on here that critics of this will never be placated, but the 'casual park goer' will love it (as if people aren't able to be critics without spending time on a parks forum).

120,000 views and counting, and a 50/50 like ratio is hardly a home run.

Tha Realest

I really hate the way these two women have been vilified by those critical of the retheme. And it’s very telling that they have been. I don’t see scapegoats being singled out for other unpopular projects.
Baxter often catches grief for Rocket Rods. Rodhe for Dinoland, the Yeti, and cost-overruns at Aulani. Riddley for (waves hand at Epcot). Trowbridge for the soulless SWGE and the decision to lock it in the sequel trilogy. Morrow for SW Galactic Starcruiser and those cringe promo videos.

SuddenStorm

Baxter often catches grief for Rocket Rods. Rodhe for Dinoland, the Yeti, and cost-overruns at Aulani. Riddley for (waves hand at Epcot). Trowbridge for the soulless SWGE and the decision to lock it in the sequel trilogy. Morrow for SW Galactic Starcruiser and those cringe promo videos.

And I loathe what Steve Davison has been doing in entertainment recently, especially with DCA's World of Color and Disneyland's Fantasmic.

Mr. Sullivan

Well I guess according to this and a lot of the posts on these boards I'm in the minority in actually liking this. Okay. 🤷‍♂️
You won’t be once you interact with people who’re riding it in person at the parks. It will be beloved by those out in the world, and constantly hated here because it’s a specific niche of people who’re predisposed to being overly critical of everything this company does because they’ve decided they know better.

Brian

You won’t be once you interact with people who’re riding it in person at the parks. It will be beloved by those out in the world, and constantly hated here because it’s a specific niche of people who’re predisposed to being overly critical of everything this company does because they’ve decided they know better seen better.
FTFY

That's what this is all about. We all know what Disney is capable of because we've seen it for many, many years. The current generation of children being brought up on this bland, charmless experience don't know what they're missing, but we certainly do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom