News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Surferboy567

Perhaps worst of all, it confirms fairly definitively that Imagineering is incapable of producing the kind of rides that made Disney special.
This is just flat out incorrect. Look at Fantasy Springs, World of Frozen, Pandora, Guardians, TRON, Zootopia, Rise of the Resistance etc.

This ride is probably not better then splash but I don’t agree with the quote.

UNCgolf

I think the budget is merely an indication of the fact that Imagineering is utterly incapable of controlling costs, something we know. LM fits just fine in an area that used to feature the painted flats of Toad (which I loved). It sure ain’t great, but it’s fun and won’t break your heart like TBA.

That's what I meant, though -- if you divorced Tiana from Splash, and look at it as a new build, it's a better attraction than LM.

That's not really intended as praise for Tiana. LM is just a very low bar to clear; it's among Disney's worst attractions IMO.

Surferboy567

TRON and Zootopia aren't really helpful to your point (I don't think Guardians is either, but that's a separate debate).
To each their own, I personally love TRON (I do understand its faults but buy and large it’s a fun coaster) and especially Guardians. Zootopia appears fun though I have not made it out to Shanghai.

My other examples should also get my point across.

999th Happy Haunt

1717265926447.gif

Disney Glimpses

Imagineers had shoestring budgets when they built the MK DLR and EPCOT. The results for the most part were unbelievable. The argument that the poor domestic parks get their budgets cut doesn’t fly. It’s a lack of talent and ambition. There is no comparison between WDI past and present.
Correct, there isn’t. We appreciate the attractions of the past because of their history to both us personally and the company. But the reality is that standards are so high today from a technology standpoint that attractions cost many multiples more than they did 25+ years ago. The talent to produce them also comes at a much, much higher cost.

Casper Gutman

Correct, there isn’t. We appreciate the attractions of the past because of their history to both us personally and the company. But the reality is that standards are so high today from a technology standpoint that attractions cost many multiples more than they did 25+ years ago. The talent to produce them also comes at a much, much higher cost.
The special effects technology in Fast X is vastly superior to Wizard of Oz.

Guess which one is the much better movie?

peter11435

It’s also ridiculous to claim that something like EPCOT was built on a shoestring budget.

themerebear6453

I’ve been optimistic and excited for this ride since its announcement. I thought it was time to give the ride a facelift, and I’m a huge Princess and the Frog fan. That said, I’d say this is a downgrade, which is not what I expected to say yesterday. I do love the new animatronic, and I am happy with the look of the exterior of the mountain. Unfortunately, the lift is done poorly, which destroys the climax of the ride. There is no excitement, no anxiety, no fear, and no reason to be going up there anyway. I will never understand not using Friends on the Other Side as it builds suspense and fun. I can’t believe how blank and wasted the space going up the hill feels. Choosing the lighter route could have worked if they made it more like an actual party. All it would have taken was bottles strung the entire way up, but they could have done so much more. Animatronics looking excited or anxious as they waved you to the party. Fireflies zipping over the edge. Something, anything! They route they chose is so bland. Also, the 3D characters on the screens are not as beautiful as their 2D counterparts, and I’m confused why they went that direction. I don’t hate the screens, but I do hate that they didn’t animate the characters as we recognize them.
Super disappointed.

Brer Oswald

That's what I meant, though -- if you divorced Tiana from Splash, and look at it as a new build, it's a better attraction than LM.

That's not really intended as praise for Tiana. LM is just a very low bar to clear; it's among Disney's worst attractions IMO.
You can’t divorce it and look at it as a new build because it isn’t. Even if elements of it could make for a decent ride on its own, that’s not what we got. Set pieces and show elements would have to be different, and yeah, it probably would be a better ride for it.

duncedoof

I mean, I just don't how some of you don't see that it's a clear technological upgrade. The AAs are much, much better, even if there are fewer. The set design is more detailed (albeit a different creative direction). Yes, the screen before the lift leaves a lot to be desired but otherwise I thought it was well done, well timed. It has it's mix of fun, calm and chaotic scenes.
It is absolutely, in no objective evaluation, a 'clear technological upgrade'. Running circa 60 animatronic figures was impressive. Running 10 advanced ones and even less static figures isn't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom