News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

TomboyJanet

No trip to DL is pointless. There’s a new firework show, new WOC, new day parade, new Toontown, and their version of MMRR that all opened this year. Plus newly refurbished Indy.
TRUUUUTH!

I haven't been there in 7 years a lot has changed. I can't wait to see New Indy, the showsparades, and what I hear is the superior MMRR.

Plus they have Submarines.

And MR TOAD my old pal.

And I'm a huge Tinkerbell fangirl. So Pixie Hollow is going to rock! I think I was a pixie in a past life. Maybe I still am since I'm so manic.

I just visited the 100 years exhibit in Philly to prepare! Pix soon

TDLFan

Out of curiosity, what was the reason they didn't want to follow the film for the Splash redo? It seems like that just creates a ton more work and increases the chances of it not winning over the general public who'll be expecting a ride of the film. I love the film, music, and characters, but this is a head scratcher to me. They had the makings for a slam dunk. Not saying the new attraction won't be, but the homework was already done.

Disstevefan1

I get it. Really I do. But it doesn't help the stereotype of women doing all the cooking.
1955 called, they want their stereotype back.

I truly feel sorry for anyone today that believes a woman's place is in the kitchen. There is maybe a small, small fraction of people that feel that way today maybe, but for the vast majority of people that thinking is long gone.

neo999955

In the Parks
No
Out of curiosity, what was the reason they didn't want to follow the film for the Splash redo? It seems like that just creates a ton more work and increases the chances of it not winning over the general public who'll be expecting a ride of the film. I love the film, music, and characters, but this is a head scratcher to me. They had the makings for a slam dunk. Not saying the new attraction won't be, but the homework was already done.
I would imagine it's because of all the backlash they received for making an African American Disney princess and regulating her to a frog for a major portion of the film. I think a ride where she is again presented in frog form is not the right call. That said, I am not on board for dropping the villain - that is a pity.

TDLFan

They could have had her in Human form narrating the different scenes and story, that may have worked well actually! Best of both worlds!

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
THEY BETTER NOT CLOSE SPLASH BEFORE THE 11th in Cali or MY WHOLE TRIP will be POINTLESS
Splash should be open on the 11th. The calendar goes up to May 15th at the moment and Splash is still listed on that date
Screenshot_20230403_104833_Chrome.jpg

Stupido

I get it. Really I do. But it doesn't help the stereotype of women doing all the cooking.

I mean, in the movie Tiana starts teaching Naveen how to cook in the bayou. By the end of the movie, Naveen is showing off his knife skills before he jumps on stage with Louis. I would imagine they would continue this idea and have them cooking together.

Magenta Panther

And the villain and Mama Odie MUST be part of the ride... What is a fairy tale without a villain?

I'm betting the ride's narrative will be even more confusing than MMRR's, and the tacky Guardians replacement in Disneyland's former Tower of Terror.

The reason Disney is going with such a dippy storyline is to preach at the public, rather than entertain them.

Brer Panther

I would imagine it's because of all the backlash they received for making an African American Disney princess and regulating her to a frog for a major portion of the film.
Yeah, that's probably it. Plus, Disney doesn't really do "book report" rides nowadays... Frozen Ever After was a sequel, and Remy's Ratatouille Adventure was... I'm not even sure what that ride's relation to the movie's continuity is.

Come to think of it, Toy Story Land plays kind of loose with continuity, doesn't it? It's supposed to take place in Andy's backyard, but Bonnie's toys are there... why are they so worried about continuity NOW?
And the villain and Mama Odie MUST be part of the ride...
Mama Odie will be there. They're going to turn the lift hill into her house.

TomboyJanet

1955 called, they want their stereotype back.

I truly feel sorry for anyone today that believes a woman's place is in the kitchen. There is maybe a small, small fraction of people that feel that way today maybe, but for the vast majority of people that thinking is long gone.
So many older guys make jokes when I do things at work they say things like "can she cook too?" Also they will ignore me and talk to the men about how to work anything or find anything. This could just be at home depot with their clientele but that's the world I'm inundated with daily.

Disstevefan1

So many older guys make jokes when I do things at work they say things like "can she cook too?" Also they will ignore me and talk to the men about how to work anything or find anything. This could just be at home depot with their clientele but that's the world I'm inundated with daily.
Sorry to hear that. My work place is totally respectful and inclusive and they even put up with an old fart like me.

When you find your right vocation you will look back on this job and remember how bad it was like I remember some of my previous jobs.

Incomudro

But "can she cook too" is a joke, and a joke made by older guys. They're likely not serious.
Even most older guys (I'm 59) realize that woman haven't done the cooking any more than men since the 1970's.
We were in our teens and twenties in the 80's when most of that gender role specificity went by the wayside.
I do 99.99999% of the cooking, and ALL of the food shopping for that matter - in my house.
Add that to the yard work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom