News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Ghost93

But that’s an issue with what they’re choosing to do with the IP, not the IP itself. The “Tiana is a property that appeals primarily to elementary school girls” claim (variants of which have come up repeatedly in these discussions) makes it seem as if the character and her world are incapable of lending themselves to thrills, which isn’t the case at all. If Tiana’s Bayou Adventure ends up not having a good narrative buildup to the drop, it’ll be a shortcoming of the way it’s been conceived and designed rather than of the property itself.
Agreed. The Princess and the Frog, as a movie, had way more excitement in it than Snore of the South.

Of course, that was largely due to Facillier, who is unlikely to be in the new ride.

TomboyJanet

But that’s an issue with what they’re choosing to do with the IP, not the IP itself. The “Tiana is a property that appeals primarily to elementary school girls” claim (variants of which have come up repeatedly in these discussions) makes it seem as if the character and her world are incapable of lending themselves to thrills, which isn’t the case at all. If Tiana’s Bayou Adventure ends up not having a good narrative buildup to the drop, it’ll be a shortcoming of the way it’s been conceived and designed rather than of the property itself.
WORD!! TOTALLY THIS! It's like they are saying Girls can't be tough thrilling heroes they can't have PERILOUS adventures! They have to stand there and look pretty for the boats to pass by! It's like were going back to the days of "all girls are delicate little flowers that we can't let have any wild adventures they can't handle because of their fragile little girl minds that can't handle it!"

They act like they are so progressive for making a ride that showcases how good a woman can cook.....??????????

Last edited:

LittleBuford

WORD!! TOTALLY THIS! It's like they are saying Girls can't be tough thrilling heroes they can't have PERILOUS adventures! They have to stand there and look pretty for the boats to pass by! It's like were going back to the days of "all girls are delicate little flowers that we can't let have any wild adventures they can't handle because of their fragile little girl minds that can't handle it!"

They act like they are so progressive for making a ride that showcases how good a woman can cook.....??????????
To be clear, we’re making very different points. Whatever else they may be doing, they are not portraying Tiana in the terms you’re suggesting.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Multiple sites (including one we’re encouraged not to reference) are reporting Tiana’s new D+ series has moved from a specific date (2023) to a very nebulous one (Coming soon!) suggesting it’s possibly being cancelled.

They have done the same with a lot of the Marvel and Star Wars content. They are probably re-shuffling a lot of the upcoming content.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
DL has scrubbed Splash off their website banner. Before:
image_2_1-1.png

Now
Capture.PNG

Attachments

• image0-4.jpg
    image0-4.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

erasure fan1

The Princess and the Frog, as a movie, had way more excitement in it than Snore of the South.
Yes. Princess and the frog as a movie lends itself to a splash mountain type ride extremely well. It has just about everything you could want or need to make a fantastic ride from start to finish. And while I know their reasoning that they aren't following the movie. I still think it is a seriously missed opportunity. Time will tell how this all ends up and hopefully it's not as half baked as it seems.

FettFan

Agreed. The Princess and the Frog, as a movie, had way more excitement in it than Snore of the South.

Boring is a matter of opinion. Tron and Avatar are two slogs that I’ll never sit through again, but their attractions are top-notch.

And yes, PATF without Facilier is like Justice League without Batman.

Last edited:

TomboyJanet

To be clear, we’re making very different points. Whatever else they may be doing, they are not portraying Tiana in the terms you’re suggesting.
I don't know about that. I don't think they INTENTIONALLY did it that way, but it could be perceived in that way. It could also just be the result of me being a tomboy girl and being used to getting mad at people treating me like I'm dainty and cant hold my own in life. I mean come on I play Roller Derby! Its kinda a reflex at this point.

But your point about the drop is my main beef. As I said earlier Splash Mountain was amazing because of that ICONIC scene with the buzzards building up fear and the eyes going up and all.

co10064

Premium Member
At this point I have to assume WDW's version will open before DL's.

With such a long delay to close their version, I can't imagine they will be able to ramp up construction speed to match WDW's pace. I guess they could intentionally slow WDW's ☹️

Brer Oswald

Of course, that was largely due to Facillier, who is unlikely to be in the new ride.
Dr Facilier peaked with his song. Great character design. Great character concept. But they barely did anything with him after setting up the conflict. Most of PatF was the typical and generic “unlikely romance” flick, with the main gimmick being “this time, they’re frogs”.

Definitely more enjoyable than the Live Action segments of SotS, but it has nothing on the zany mad-capped Brer Rabbit animated segments IMO. Great animation, great music, great morals, and great utilization of villains. Classic Disney at its core.

drizgirl

As a woman and a mother who has spent way more time in my life cooking than I ever wanted or intended to...... I'm disappointed to see they chose a cooking storyline. I get she's a business woman. But the little woman is still cooking. It got a major eye roll from me.

Disstevefan1

As a woman and a mother who has spent way more time in my life cooking than I ever wanted or intended to...... I'm disappointed to see they chose a cooking storyline. I get she's a business woman. But the little woman is still cooking. It got a major eye roll from me.
I think she built a business doing something she loves, cooking.

Getting paid for doing something we love is what everyone wants in life.

TomboyJanet

Yeah that's what I was going for in my post. I get that this is about her building a business on her own but if I know older men from the conversations I overhear at work in Home Depot, It'll be a lot of "oh look a woman is cooking like she should be this is good old fashioned values!" (bleh!) As much as I'd like to think most people have more depth but I gotta tell you most people take everything at surface value. That's why people think Born in the USA is just a patriotic song and not the criticism of the Vietnam War period and the mistreatment of veterans afterwards.

I mean we could have thought of something better for her to do than to look for ingredients for a special recipe to plan a party right? The same way we could have thought of something better for Elsa to do than stand there looking pretty, singing, and waving at everyone like a beauty pageant. Use your powers to save us girl! Don't just stand there! It's like when I was a kid and the boys video games were all fun and challenging and the girls video games were just choose from three outfits for Barbie to wear while driving slowly down Hollywood Boulevard. Give me a break!

TomboyJanet

Dr Facilier peaked with his song. Great character design. Great character concept. But they barely did anything with him after setting up the conflict. Most of PatF was the typical and generic “unlikely romance” flick, with the main gimmick being “this time, they’re frogs”.

Definitely more enjoyable than the Live Action segments of SotS, but it has nothing on the zany mad-capped Brer Rabbit animated segments IMO. Great animation, great music, great morals, and great utilization of villains. Classic Disney at its core.
I love that Brer Rabbit was kinda like the bugs bunny of Disney in that.
I think the idea is to open them at the same time.

Never underestimate WDW's ability to sit on an attraction ready to open but not open it yet for reasons.
THEY BETTER NOT CLOSE SPLASH BEFORE THE 11th in Cali or MY WHOLE TRIP will be POINTLESS

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom