News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

James Alucobond

Good point- imagine an unabridged ride through where the dead space isn’t edited out!
I actually think a ride with a handheld camera will look better than this. A lot of this footage seems to be taken from a camera mounted on the front of the vehicle, which doesn't rotate to take in scenes for as long as a rider can. It only sometimes seems to switch to something handheld when necessary, perhaps with footage from a completely separate ridethrough.

MerlinTheGoat

Looks like Tokyo will be keeping their Splash, no way the Japanese execs would want this.

Also I’m hoping South Park does an episode on this an updated episode to their first Disney one.
They won't want this because the movie flopped in Japan, and they've pretty much refused to deal with it since then. But then again, it doesn't mean they wouldn't necessarily do something else foolish with the ride. They're doing a temporary Marvel Avengers overlay for their Small World...

That said, they still have no incentive to change their Splash. It's an very popular ride, pushes a good amount of merch and has a connecting eatery that gets good business as far as I know. This ticks all the boxes to just leave it alone. And they don't care about what Americans think of the source material either, which was the only reason why ours was changed to begin with.

They actually stripped and built almost everything. Even the trees got new trunks.
The tree trunks are mostly intact from Splash, just repainted and given new foliage. But a lot of the setpieces were indeed ripped out. Such as all of the critter homes.

Brer Oswald

Well enjoy it at its prime. (Before it starts falling apart) We’re stuck with this mediocre replacement for at least the next 20 years.
This is a ride that absolutely will not hit if it’s running in B mode. Even if all of the Splash AAs were busted (still more movement than the new critters) you had the beautiful cartoony sets to marvel at. Now it’s just dark voids…kinda like Dinosaur.

A shame. The music is actually pretty darn good!

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
To me it just rings kind of hollow. There’s no suspense or excitement. Storyline is weak. Visually stunning, great animatronics, and very pretty at night or dusk. But otherwise, for all the hype, this needed to be amazing. And it’s not unfortunately.
Interesting they chose to record it at night. Outdoor scenes are probably not great in daylight.

markham

I am 100% behind the decision to move away from any major attraction being based on Song of the South, and The Princess and the Frog could have made a great ride, but this ain’t it.

The story is so boring, it’s like we’re just following Tiana on a random day in her life. Whenever I hear an attraction is “set x months after the events” of the story/songs we know and love, it always makes me worry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom