News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Splashin' Ryan

First thoughts from watching the full pov video:
- lots of scenes seemed to pay homage to the way splash was designed with the backlighting paint, the foliage and overall dim tone of the whole ride which I enjoyed
- there didn't seem to be any anticipation/excitement/suspense throughout the ride, kind of like you just hummed a tune throughout the ride and ended up at the end somehow, ehh
- I think the number of good AA's (the 1,000s or whatever they're called lol) was a good amount but even some stationary ones in between would've added to it
- the screens didn't distract much from it, I think it was a good balance
- this feels very disconnected from the movie because it is. I think the general visitor will find it very odd that the major songs are only slightly used, that Tiana is not in her big ballgown anywhere and that Dr. Facilier is nowhere to be found
- I still hate the "welcome" disney quote banner at the end, feels very forced

Trauma

I mean, I get preferring Splash and not liking that certain things were lost, but taken independently, it is very, very, very far from an embarrassment.
Taken independently the ride is passable.

However it’s replacing Splash mountain.

Disney KNEW how important this was and could not deliver.

They took the best mountain in the park and turned it into a chia pet with no heart.

That to me is an embarrassment.

JIMINYCR

Splash was my fav attraction and I couldn’t wait to get on it on our first day back at WDW. I was hoping that after taking Splash away from us Dis would go over board with everything and want to WOW us with its replacement. After watching this Im not impressed and feel it falls flat. With all Splash brought, this sadly doesn’t come close. I know I should reserve my thoughts until I actually ride it in person but I can’t help but be truly disappointed with what I see here.

pigglewiggle

This is like going from GMR to MMRR. Good ride? Sure. But it doesn’t atone for replacing a classic.

That was the best decision Disney has ever made. Hyperbole? Of course. But good god, MMRR is so much better than the Great Movie Ride.

I don't feel that way about Splash vs Tiana, but on it's own, Tiana looks like a great, fun ride. No sense crying over spilt milk, Splash is gone.

James Alucobond

It can't be taken independently, it will always be compared to what it replaced. Rightfully so. As it stands, this is not a remotely acceptable replacement for what was there prior. It's far less of a downgrade than V2 and V3 of Imagination, but it is still very much a major downgrade of its own.
It can and will be taken independently in the future. And where there are losses that are significant for some people (e.g. full animatronics swapped for limited motion figures), there are upgrades that will impress others, like the animated backgrounds or the much higher quality skins for the figures.
Disney KNEW how important this was and could not deliver.
It was only important in the way that you're thinking to a small contingent of people who were likely never going to be satisfied.

the_rich

That was the best decision Disney has ever made. Hyperbole? Of course. But good god, MMRR is so much better than the Great Movie Ride.

I don't feel that way about Splash vs Tiana, but on it's own, Tiana looks like a great, fun ride. No sense crying over spilt milk, Splash is gone.
I agree with you about MMRR. Though I do think Tiana looks great and I feel like it's an upgrade. The ride that I would say is a downgrade from before is FEA.

MerlinTheGoat

But it’s mostly repainted and reused Scenery from Splash?
The tree trunks and rockwork is, but a lot of the setpieces were ripped out and replaced. I still very much prefer Splash's animal homes and such. There was a lot of unique stylized hand crafted scenery in that, where they replaced it with a lot of greenery and lighting effects. It's pretty on its own, but it doesn't compare at all.

Journey Into Your Imagination: The worst attraction reskin at WDW ever.

Tianna’s Bayou Adventure: Hold my Gumbo.
Nah, Imagination 2 and 3 are still a million times worse. I also find what they did to GMR and all of the other classic Future World attractions (not including SSE) to be much worse as well. Maelstrom too.

Trauma

The tree trunks and rockwork is, but a lot of the setpieces were ripped out and replaced. I still very much prefer Splash's animal homes and such. There was a lot of unique stylized hand crafted scenery in that, where they replaced it with a lot of greenery and lighting effects. It's pretty on its own, but it doesn't compare at all.

Nah, Imagination 2 and 3 are still a million times worse. I also find what they did to GMR and all of the other classic Future World attractions (not including SSE) to be much worse as well. Maelstrom too.
This isn’t the worst reskin in Disney history but considering the magnitude of what it’s replacing its the most egregious.

Phineas

I feel embarrassed for feeling so depressed seeing the final product. I feel hollow. This could have been phenomenal. There’s no excitement. The cast of dozens has been reduced by two thirds. They squandered the best villain they’ve had in the last 30 years.

AND THE SCREENS!

Maybe if we ask very nicely, Oriental Land Company can buy out the American parks.

Ghost93

I feel embarrassed for feeling so depressed seeing the final product. I feel hollow. This could have been phenomenal. There’s no excitement. The cast of dozens has been reduced by two thirds. They squandered the best villain they’ve had in the last 30 years.

AND THE SCREENS!

Maybe if we ask very nicely, Oriental Land Company can buy out the American parks.
I don't think the few screens in this ride are a big deal. It's the utter lack of tension and monotonous mood throughout the ride that hurts it.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Has Disney ever released a POV ride though ahead of even cm previews?

It was heavily edited with multiple takes and cuts. Perhaps wanting to get out ahead of or dampen word of mouth and portray the highlights while brushing off the lows.

It certainly cut the legs out from a lot of access social media and access bloggers.

Sir_Cliff

I'm kind of mixed on this. The edits on this video are quite jarring and make it a bit hard to get a sense of how everything flows, for a start.

From what we can see, it does feel like there is a lot of dead space compared to Splash. To some extent, it works as being an atmospheric ride through the bayou at nighttime which wouldn't exactly be Times Square. However, if you're comparing it to Splash, you can't help but remember that those scenes were packed with little characters and details that rewarded re-riding. The last scene really does seem the highlight and kind of leaves you wanting more.

I'm not too down on the story. It's basic, but I think it's a win if the ride works as a fun ride through the bayou with Tiana and friends whether you understand the point of the story or not. I get the point people are making though about one consistent, light mood throughout the whole ride.

The music seems a highlight as, like Splash, this is filled with catchy songs.

Overall, I do now want to ride it to get a better sense of how it all fits together, so I guess that's a win!

Tha Realest

Worse than I thought it would be. I can’t believe we lost Splash for this. WDI is clearly lost too much talent.

I don’t know who is to blame for this, but it’s an embarrassment.

They knew the importance of this project and this is what they came up with ?

The only joyful celebration this ride will induce is if whoever greenlit this disaster is terminated and replaced with someone qualified.

A sad day for Disney parks.
I for one am glad they’ve taken a hard pause on any new development.

Phineas

I don't think the few screens in this ride are a big deal. It's the utter lack of tension and monotonous mood throughout the ride that hurts it.
I don’t mind the firefly screens at all, but the others are just too much in my opinion.

Somehow I’m reminded of a quote from Dig a Little Deeper:

Money ain’t got no heart, money ain’t got no soul.

Tha Realest

Has Disney ever released a POV ride though ahead of even cm previews?

It was heavily edited with multiple takes and cuts. Perhaps wanting to get out ahead of or dampen word of mouth and portray the highlights while brushing off the lows.

It certainly cut the legs out from a lot of access social media and access bloggers.
Good point- imagine an unabridged ride through where the dead space isn’t edited out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom