News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

SilentWindODoom

Just a reminder that there is a thread that was made to discuss spoilers for the attraction to help those who want to discuss here without knowing everything before they ride.

I don't know how much of a difference the video being official makes it or how much discussion can be had non-spoilery in here once the dam is broken and people know, but...

Starship Troopers GIF

dothebrdwalk

The cuts and edits in the video make it hard to follow the plot. It looks amazing. I do wish there were more critters in the empty scenes bother overall this feels like an upgrade. Can’t wait to ride it!
Glad you noticed this too. I thought I was having trouble following and was disappointed. I’m sure there’s story set up in the queue as well. Overall, a big upgrade!

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Even Disney had to cut to the AA scenes because there's a bunch of nothingness in between. Was really hoping for more but figured it'd be like this. Having only watched the video.... I was bored. Cringey repetitive dialogue and lack of animated filler figures. Enjoyed the music, light effects and most of the projected scenes though. Maybe in person it's better? Oh well. A for effort but it's no Splash.

Last edited:

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Disney has released a full Tiana’s Bayou Adventure POV video:

Apart from finding some of the animatronics (Louis, the frog band, Mama Odie) impressive, I felt nothing watching this. I know they're going for a different vibe than Splash, but at the very least they could've had Dr. Facilier serve as the lift hill because that'd be cool as hell.

PK2

I've been super optimistic on this project but that seems all kinda ehhh. The majority of animatronics are way more basic than I was hoping for, and they're a lot more spaced out than I was hoping for too. Plot seems weirdly underexplained while also having way too much signposting and written stuff to try and make it make sense? Like, I'm not sure I would immediately think "oh yes we're shrinking" if I didn't know that already. And the big lift hill somehow manages to feel like *absolutely nothing*, which is a big shame and loss.

Music arrangements sound absolutely lovely though, I'm pleased it's not just all vocal tracks and rips from the movie OST but has some nice interpretations of those songs. Sets are very, very nice and have a decently different atmosphere from Splash - I love all the dark blues and such, they're fab.

Overall not a fan from that, but it's just a video. Hopefully it's better in person.

BasiltheBatLord

Re-posting my thoughts from the spoilers thread:

Sorry, count me out.

The interior show sets look good and I'm glad there was a decision made to invest in a decent amount of advanced AAs, but there is just so much dead space where there used to be scores of AAs in Splash.

The Laughing Place was ripped out and replaced with screens. The scene with Brer Fox and Bear and the alligator at the end is just a blank bankground with nothing happening.

Entire ride is happy show tunes, no danger, thrill or any emotion that might be anything other than pure joy at all times. Par the course for Disney these days.

This ride is always going to just be a bastardized, creatively bankrupt version of what used to be one of the greatest theme park attractions of all time, changed by committee for corporate communications reasons. Call me a bitter fan for that if you want, but I am never going to be able to shake that association for the rest of my life. The whole thing just feels like such an insult.

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

Confirming my worries about the prior video, every single one of the new critters are indeed simple motion props ala Little Mermaid, but prettier. Not animatronics. Not only that, there are only 14 legitimate animatronics in the ride. Which is even less than what Splash Archive, Brayden and WDW Pro were saying...

There's a ton of wasted empty space where there used to be characters (again pretty empty space). The bands are mostly clustered together, which is fine if there were other characters populating the dead spots. The projected characters are also terrible, even using one for Mama Odie when she shrinks you instead of a figure.

Plot is just as stupid as expected.

The best part of this ride is the environmental scenery. I think they did quite well with that, at least the interior (the outside is still a mess and removed a lot of really charming detail after the millhouse lift without decent replacements). The jumping fountains DID return too, contrary to what I thought prior. Not a bad ride on its own merits if you ignore what it used to be, but that's kind of impossible to do. It's definitely a letdown and not as good as what came before.

Trauma

Disney has released a full Tiana’s Bayou Adventure POV video:

Worse than I thought it would be. I can’t believe we lost Splash for this. WDI has clearly lost too much talent.

I don’t know who is to blame for this, but it’s an embarrassment.

They knew the importance of this project and this is what they came up with ?

The only joyful celebration this ride will induce is if whoever greenlit this disaster is terminated and replaced with someone qualified.

A sad day for Disney parks.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

Worse than I thought it would be. I can’t believe we lost Splash for this. WDI is clearly lost too much talent.

I don’t know who is to blame for this, but it’s an embarrassment.

They knew the importance of this project and this is what they came up with ?

The only joyful celebration this ride will induce is if whoever greenlit this disaster is terminated and replaced with someone qualified.

A sad day for Disney parks.
I mean, I get preferring Splash and not liking that certain things were lost, but taken independently, it is very, very, very far from an embarrassment.

MerlinTheGoat

I mean, I get preferring Splash and not liking that certain things were lost, but taken independently, it is very, very, very far from an embarrassment.
It can't be taken independently, it will always be compared to what it replaced. Rightfully so. As it stands, this is not a remotely acceptable replacement for what was there prior. It's far less of a downgrade than V2 and V3 of Imagination, but it is still very much a major downgrade of its own.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but thank goodness this movie flopped in Japan. And hopefully OLC doesn't become exceptionally foolish with any other reskin ideas either (that Small World starring the Avengers overlay has me concerned that they're also dipping their toes in the stupid pool).

Last edited:

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
The best part of this ride is the environmental scenery. I think they did quite well with that, at least the interior (the outside is still a mess and removed a lot of really charming detail after the millhouse lift without decent replacements).
But it’s mostly repainted and reused Scenery from Splash?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom