News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

JustInTime

What exactly is this supposed to be?

IMG_2171.png

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yes, but NOT 1920s Jazz Age New Orleans-ey, which takes it out of the story it's supposed to be telling.

I see now. We just need to wait for the Florida sun to weather the sign, then it will look 100 years old and will fit just fine. Now that's some forward-thinking by the suits in Burbank!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
While I understand your point and agree in principle of having the strollers out of the way, putting strollers in that exact location sends the signal of caring more about strollers than having a play area for children.

Eh, I understand the decision with this. It makes some sense.

Weather_Lady

I see now. We just need to wait for the Florida sun to weather the sign, then it will look 100 years old and will fit just fine. Now that's some forward-thinking by the suits in Burbank!
LOL, I'm not saying it needs to look OLD. It just needs to look like a shiny new attraction sign would have in the 1920s, and the motifs, fonts, and colors they've used ain't it, although they'd make a lovely decoration for Party City to sell for $19.99 in its Mardi Gras section.

This is Old Fart Deco instead of Art Deco.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm not saying it needs to look OLD. It just needs to look like a shiny new sign would have in the 1920s, and the aesthetics, fonts, and colors they've used ain't it. This is Old Fart Deco instead of Art Deco.

I'm with you, trust me. :)

I'm sure this sign was designed and approved by the finest recent college graduates in Burbank. All is well. 👍

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom