News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

JohnD

Why no ILL? So if I buy G+ in advance I'll be guaranteed TBA?
My hunch is that BTMRR will be closing for a year long refurb after Tiana opens. They need increased throughput for Tiana to make up for the difference of another ride being down. You're only "guaranteed" TBA if you schedule an available time in the app after purchasing G+.

retr0gate

Why no ILL? So if I buy G+ in advance I'll be guaranteed TBA?
Wouldn't say it's guaranteed. I've only used Genie+ once or twice but I remember it working similarly to the old paper fastpass system - you reserve a LL for one ride and you can't book another until you use the first. Problem is, availability varies. Sometimes you can immediately grab a LL for your next attraction, sometimes nothing's available for several hours. The E-tickets go fast so your best bet for Tiana's is probably going to be to try and grab one first thing in the morning, as I imagine many people will probably be trying to do the same.

As for why no ILL? Not sure. Probably had many factors like the (rather large) pre-existing queue, the fact it's a water ride, popularity of Tron / SDMT, etc.

nickys

Premium Member
The problem is that every VQ is gone within several seconds. So during the preview period, if you go directly to MK after 2pm, there will be no VQ to join.
You don’t have to be in the park to try for the VQ.

Say you have a reservation for Epcot. You can try for the VQ at 1pm. If you are successful you could go to MK at 2pm and be able to ride when your group is called.

If you don’t have any park reservation, and therefore simply go to Mk for 2pm, you can’t try for the VQ anyway - even if for some reason there were still slots available.

pigglewiggle

You don’t have to be in the park to try for the VQ.

Say you have a reservation for Epcot. You can try for the VQ at 1pm. If you are successful you could go to MK at 2pm and be able to ride when your group is called.

If you don’t have any park reservation, and therefore simply go to Mk for 2pm, you can’t try for the VQ anyway - even if for some reason there were still slots available.

I'm confused, do you still have to have reservations to park hop?

retr0gate

Not necessarily. If you don't have a reservation, you just need to wait until 2 PM to enter any of the parks. If you do have a reservation, you just need to scan into the park you have a reservation for before you can travel to another.

For example, if I have an EPCOT reservation on one of the AP preview days but I want to go to Magic Kingdom - I can scan into EPCOT, immediately leave the park, and then travel to MK and scan in there. The rule used to be you couldn't park hop until 2 PM regardless of reservations, but now the "after 2 PM" rule only applies to no reservations.

nickys

Premium Member
This is for AP holders for the preview VQs. And AP holders still need park reservations, unless they arrive at a park after 2pm.

As far as I know they haven’t said how the VQ will work after official opening, but likely just as the ones for Tron and Guardians. They don’t expect it to be a VQ for more than a few days.

Last edited:

pigglewiggle

Not necessarily. If you don't have a reservation, you just need to wait until 2 PM to enter any of the parks. If you do have a reservation, you just need to scan into the park you have a reservation for before you can travel to another.

For example, if I have an EPCOT reservation on one of the AP preview days but I want to go to Magic Kingdom - I can scan into EPCOT, immediately leave the park, and then travel to MK and scan in there. The rule used to be you couldn't park hop until 2 PM regardless of reservations, but now the "after 2 PM" rule only applies to no reservations.

This is for AP holders for the preview VQs. And AP holders still need park reservations, unless they arrive at a park after 2pm.

As far as I know they haven’t indicated how the VQ will work after official opening, but they don’t expect it to be a VQ for more than a few days.

Thanks - I'm forgetting we are discussing AP previews. We don't have an AP and won't be there for a preview, sorry for confusion!

retr0gate

Thanks - I'm forgetting we are discussing AP previews. We don't have an AP and won't be there for a preview, sorry for confusion!
No worries! Same rules apply for normal park hopper tickets too, although they've since eliminated reservations for date based tickets so I may be wrong

nickys

Premium Member
No worries! Same rules apply for normal park hopper tickets too, although they've since eliminated reservations for date based tickets so I may be wrong
Park hoppers are date based. No reservations required, so the VQ on & after the 28th will likely be normal VQ rules. Open to anyone at 7am and then at 1pm for those who have tapped into MK by then. Unless you’re an AP holder.

Vclguy90

Usually, yes. But Tiana won’t at first whilst the VQ is in operation, which Disney has said will only be for a few days. Then it will have a stand-by line.
Wait so they will have VQ only for a few days? That doesn't sound right. Tron still has VQ and that's been open a year.

nickys

Premium Member
Wait so they will have VQ only for a few days? That doesn't sound right. Tron still has VQ and that's been open a year.
Yes.

This isn’t a new ride so they’re just trying to manage the lines for the first few days.

DCBaker

Premium Member

Figments Friend

Nice view from the Liberty Belle just now….

If you look closely you can see some blue lighting inside the cave.
These are coloring changing from what I am seeing.

Mist is off at the moment.
No logs are operating just yet.
There was still a visable log jam, but it seems gone now.
Lots of construction vested gents around earlier, all is quiet at the moment.

IMG_3673.jpeg

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

TalkToEthan

This isn’t a new ride so they’re just trying to manage the lines for the first few days.

That might well be Disney’s thinking but I see it differently.

Not that there’s anyway to test such a declaration BUT no matter how you slice it come June 28

B) Atraction reopens with whole new theme “Tiana”
C) attraction debuts as Tiana

As for the crowds expect pretty much the same demand for A, B or C

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom