News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Figments Friend

Strange. They usually don’t highlight construction sites. That’s not magical. You’re supposed to think it’s a real waterfall.

Sign of the times…..?

Things are a bit different now with Disney when it comes to things like this.
Not too long ago I remember Imagineers were ‘annoymous’.

-

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
May just be the spacing settings, waiting for the prior log to get out of the clearance range, but wanted to note it.
You are correct. The logs are dispatching at 100% efficiency right now with no guests delaying the boarding process, so they are stopping at the top until the previous log passes the sensor at the splashdown area. It's neat to see the process without guests and delays.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Keep in mind that VQ is the substitute for Standby. It's free. No one-time purchase. No need to buy Genie+. Just like Standby.

Only, it is a *scheduled* Standby. This keeps it from become a 2-4 hour ordeal (or allows them to quickly clear out the queue if the ride goes down).

It seems, as far as I can gleam, that initially, there will be VQ in place of Standby, along with Genie+ 'fastpasses.' (Genie+ costs extra).

Then, after "a few days" (a week?, a month?) the VQ will be replaced by standard Standby, along with Genie+.

Kinda surprised that they'll use Genie+ and not ILL.

Figments Friend

You are correct. The logs are dispatching at 100% efficiency right now with no guests delaying the boarding process, so they are stopping at the top until the previous log passes the sensor at the splashdown area. It's neat to see the process without guests and delays.

🙂
Agree….things were running very smooth.
I watched for about half an hour, it was interesting.
Good to see the logs moving again, as it really does add additional kinetic energy to the area.

-

mattpeto

My gut feeling is the ride will be on VQ the first few days only but will move to standby very quickly. I’d be surprised if it’s still on VQ headed into the first eligible EEH night (Wednesday).

They could also move to standby for EEH, but I think it just makes it more complicated.

Tha Realest

My gut feeling is the ride will be on VQ the first few days only but will move to standby very quickly. I’d be surprised if it’s still on VQ headed into the first eligible EEH night (Wednesday).

They could also move to standby for EEH, but I think it just makes it more complicated.
I wonder how the attraction’s variable demand - Especially at night or when it’s colder - is a factor in making this standby and G+.

Figments Friend

Here is a better angle, showing those lights that are awaiting installation.

Oh and look….!
Mr. Ladder is taking his lunchtime siesta!
Bonus…!
😁

IMG_3703.jpeg

ToTBellHop

Couldn't imagine what page you might be referring to there.
I actually saw a whopper from one called “Disney Dining“ yesterday that was something along the lines of “Major New Disney Ride Deemed Unsafe for Children!”

I won’t bury the lede—the story was that TBA has a 40” height requirement. Like Splash.

Last edited:

Vclguy90

I just chatted with them to modify my hotel reservations. They essentially said, you have to pick TBA or Tron or buy ILL/G+ if you want to ride both. While also saying neither are guaranteed (which I already know). But also said the standby queue will come shortly after the opening but no date is verified when this will happen. I think when enough people start complaining that they couldn't ride TBA and Tron because they couldn't get into the lottery for either than a change will come.

FettFan

Nice view from the Liberty Belle just now….

If you look closely you can see some blue lighting inside the cave.
These are coloring changing from what I am seeing.

Mist is off at the moment.
No logs are operating just yet.
There was still a visable log jam, but it seems gone now.
Lots of construction vested gents around earlier, all is quiet at the moment.

View attachment 785741

Every time I look at this thing, I see the Great Trash Heap from Fraggle Rock.

Trash_heap.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom