News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MouseEarsMom33

In terms of the marketing, I'm assuming most people even looking closely at the marketing have gone to Disney before and rode Splash Mountain, likely multiple times. We know what to expect from the hill and they haven't changed the height of the hill. Disney's not trying to sell the drop now. They need to sell the new story.

When I rode Splash Mountain before, I could have cared less about the story. I had no ideas who the characters were, just knew them from the ride. I was waiting on the hill. This may have been true for many guests, so Disney had to sell the drop in merchandising. Now when I ride, I am interested in what the story will be as I am familiar with PATF. We will have to see what happens when the ride opens.

DCBaker

Premium Member
DVC preview details:

The DVC link for registration is now live.

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 10.10.07 AM.png

pdude81

You won’t like this answer. ☹️

The info says you have to have a reservation for a Disney Resort made on your membership - so a points stay, cash booking through Member Services, or using points to stay at a non DVC resort.

But you can only book for the number of guests on your reservation as of May 12th.

So it’s too late to book in order to register for the previews. You have to have been booked by the end of Sunday night.

View attachment 785544
Ah, thanks. I read the May 12th but for some reason was thinking June 12th. My wife can't make it that day as it turns out anyway.

allgiggles

Random question related to the TBA previews. We're going to be at MK the week of the AP previews for TBA (we don't have APs) . Since AP reservations have sold out for those days, what kind of crowds should we expect? Will there be a huge difference from a non-sold out day -- or are AP reservations usually at a near capacity rate every day anyway so there will only be a small increase in the crowd size? Just for reference, we have been there numerous times in late June, so we've experienced some heavy crowds. Our current plans are to be at MK on 6/18 for most of the day. I could switch our days around and go to MK on 6/19 when there is no preview, but that will already be day 4 of our trip and we usually try to do MK no later than day 3. We have free/flex days later in the week that we can hop over to MK for a few hours as needed to hit things that we missed earlier in the week. I was originally planning to *not* go to MK on Friday 6/21 since the park closes at 7:00 due to the special event that evening, but now I'm thinking it might not be a bad day to be there because people won't want to be there on a day that they can't stay for fireworks. Am I worrying to much (I'm envisioning MK crowds looking like Christmas on the TBA AP preview days)????

Professortango1

From the forum rules which you agreed to when you joined the site:

“10. If you have a problem with or question about a moderator’s decision, contact the moderator privately or submit a message through the contact system. Posts or topics discussing moderator actions will be removed.”

I suggest you PM @The Mom or @wdwmagic if you want to know why your posts were removed.
Thank you for sharing that. It gives me an avenue rather than people making snark comments with an unwillingness to actually explain what they are saying.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
So, during the passholder previews, you don't need to be in the park to do the 1 PM VQ. You also don't need a reservation anywhere during the week after 2 PM. Could you conceivably try the VQ at 1 PM with no park reservation, and as long as your return time is after 2 PM, be fine? Am I reading that right?

DCBaker

Premium Member
So, during the passholder previews, you don't need to be in the park to do the 1 PM VQ. You also don't need a reservation anywhere during the week after 2 PM. Could you conceivably try the VQ at 1 PM with no park reservation, and as long as your return time is after 2 PM, be fine? Am I reading that right?

You still need a park reservation to *a* park (doesn't have to be Magic Kingdom) for the 1pm Virtual Queue.

The 1 p.m. virtual queue will be available to Passholders with a park reservation to any Theme Park for that day.

DCBaker

Premium Member
And you have to tap into that park before you can go to MK, right?

If you are going to Magic Kingdom before 2pm on June 13, 14, 17, 18 or 20, then yes. After 2pm, then no. However, if you are going on June 16 (a weekend day), then you do need to tap in to another park first.

Yes, but does one have to scan in(enter) that reserved park to be eligible?

To enter the Virtual Queue? Disney says no.

Passholders do not need to have entered a Theme Park when they request to join the virtual queue.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
If you are going to Magic Kingdom before 2pm on June 13, 14, 17, 18 or 20, then yes. After 2pm, then no. However, if you are going on June 16 (a weekend day), then you do need to tap in to another park first.

To enter the Virtual Queue? Disney says no.

Passholders do not need to have entered a Theme Park when they request to join the virtual queue.
This is apparently incorrect. You need a reservation somewhere to join the 1 PM virtual queue. You must always enter the park you have a reservation at before "hopping" over to MK. So, as long as you have a reservation somewhere, tap into that park, and then go to MK, you'll be fine.

DCBaker

Premium Member
This is apparently incorrect. You need a reservation somewhere to join the 1 PM virtual queue. You must always enter the park you have a reservation at before "hopping" over to MK. So, as long as you have a reservation somewhere, tap into that park, and then go to MK, you'll be fine.

This is what Disney says:

The 1 p.m. virtual queue will be available to Passholders with a park reservation to any Theme Park for that day. As a reminder, Passholders must enter the theme park where they have a reservation prior to visiting Magic Kingdom Park. Or, on June 13, 14, 17, 18 or 20, they can enter Magic Kingdom Park without a reservation after 2 p.m.

nickys

Premium Member
And you have to tap into that park before you can go to MK, right?
I don’t think you do. This is the relevant section from @DCBaker ’s post:

• First, make a park reservation to Magic Kingdom park on a preview date to have the opportunity to join the 7:00 AM virtual queue for that day. Or, you can make a park reservation to any theme park on a preview date to have the opportunity to join the 1:00 PM virtual queue.
  • On the date of your reservation, request to join the virtual queue by using the My Disney Experience app. There will be 2 opportunities to join each day of previews.
    • The 7:00 AM virtual queue will be available to Passholders with a park reservation to Magic Kingdom park for that day.
    • The 1:00 PM virtual queue will be available to Passholders with a park reservation to any theme park for that day. As a reminder, Passholders must enter the theme park where they have a reservation prior to visiting Magic Kingdom park. Or, on June 13, 14, 17, 18 or 20, they can enter Magic Kingdom park without a reservation after 2:00 PM.
    • Passholders do not need to have entered a theme park when they request to join the virtual queue.
I read that as meaning if you wait until 2pm you could just go straight to MK and forget about your park reservation.

You can purchase an individual lightning lane for Tron and then VQ for Tiana. If it comes down to it.
Yes but you’d need to do it the other way round or you’d have zero chance with the VQ.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom