News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Trauma

It’s a safety warning intended for guests. How is it any more thematically messy than its near-identical Splash Mountain predecessor?
I don’t think the sign is thematically messy.

I do think it’s more Six Flags than Disney.

However I have been told in this thread ( not by you ) that the small details just don’t matter that much.

I guess I should just lower my expectations.

LittleBuford

I don’t think the sign is thematically messy.

I do think it’s more Six Flags than Disney.

However I have been told in this thread ( not by you ) that the small details just don’t matter that much.

I guess I should just lower my expectations.
I agree that small details matter, and I too think the sign could look better (as is the case with most of the signage we’ve seen for this ride).

There is nothing wrong with criticism per se. That isn’t what I and others take issue with.

Trauma

I
I agree that small details matter, and I too think the sign could look better (as is the case with most of the signage we’ve seen for this ride).

There is nothing wrong with criticism per se. That isn’t what I and others take issue with.
I’ll have this conversation with you Buford since your always very reasonable.

What’s wrong with the poster having a pre-conceived expectation of the ride?

It’s no more ridiculous to have such a negative outlook as it is a positive one. (You know we have posters here over the moon positive about a ride they have never been on.)

For example my expectation for this ride from what I have seen so far, is good to great. Let’s call it an 7.5 - 9. Of course that number will be cemented once l ride it. It could change to a 5 or a 10.

My biggest complaint in this whole situation is that to me a 9 will be a failure. Splash was a 10, and I see no reason to start replacing rides like Splash or HM unless you’re building a 10.

LittleBuford

What’s wrong with the poster having a pre-conceived expectation of the ride?
Expecting the worst (which people have a right to do) is very different from expressing a derisive sentiment such as the following:
Good news is we only have six more weeks until we can “officially” mock it without the pathetic “But, but, but it’s not done yet!!!!” squealing about every post.

It’s no more ridiculous to have such a negative outlook as it is a positive one. (You know we have posters here over the moon positive about a ride they have never been on.)
It would be pretty ridiculous for someone to post, "Good news is we only have six more weeks until we can 'officially' heap praise on it without the pathetic 'But, but, but it's a poor replacement for Splash!!!!" squealing about every post." But, as you know, there are no such posts here, because even those who are very excited for this attraction realise it would be premature and absurd to declare it a success before it's been unveiled.

In the Parks
No
even those who are very excited for this attraction know it would be premature and absurd to declare it a success before it's even been unveiled.
Some people have gotten very close to declaring it a success before it's been unveiled. Not trying to get into it here, but there's no denying that the level of enthusiasm for some people has bordered on mania in a similar way to the negativity of Epcot81Fan.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Wonder if there will be a D23 preview event.

D23 has announced a preview of Tiana's Bayou Adventure will be held at Magic Kingdom:

In the evening at a separately ticketed event, D23 Gold Members will have the opportunity to be among the first to enjoy the new Walt Disney World attraction, Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, at Magic Kingdom Park. D23 Gold Members will be able to ride the attraction again and again, then take some time to enjoy the enchanting evening ambiance of the bayou with live jazz performances and tasty treats available during this celebration of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.

D23 says specific details will be announced soon.

CR4202_Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Magic_Kingdom_IRIS_v1.jpg

Trauma

To you and many others, but not to everyone. I never saw the charm in the "critters" and I'm looking forward to something different with a bit more energy. Then there is an entire host of guests who were at best indifferent to the theming and were riding it because flume rides are popular.
Plenty of log flumes across the world. Splash was considered the best.

That was for reasons above and beyond the ride system.

I appreciate the fact that it wasn’t your cup of tea.

However it was enough peoples cup of tea to be the goat.

Trauma

Everyone is different. I’m more trepidatious than excited, because I truly loved Splash and want TBA to be a worthy successor.

All of us will find out soon enough what we’re actually dealing with.
I knew you would have a good word.

Trepidatious.

I’m hoping to be doing a fist pump in the air, but feel more than likely I’ll just be throwing darts at my Bob Iger poster.

Disstevefan1

This very fun log flume ride will be just fine and will be MOBBED when it opens because it’s something NEW to experience.

Well maybe not MOBBED because they will probably start will boarding groups and ILL🤑only to begin with and NO STANDBY.

KatiebugFan

D23 has announced a preview of Tiana's Bayou Adventure will be held at Magic Kingdom:

In the evening at a separately ticketed event, D23 Gold Members will have the opportunity to be among the first to enjoy the new Walt Disney World attraction, Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, at Magic Kingdom Park. D23 Gold Members will be able to ride the attraction again and again, then take some time to enjoy the enchanting evening ambiance of the bayou with live jazz performances and tasty treats available during this celebration of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.

D23 says specific details will be announced soon.

View attachment 785283

And it will Probably be on a Sunday night.

erasure fan1

Some people have gotten very close to declaring it a success before it's been unveiled.
I'm ready to declare it a success. It's a water ride, in central Florida. It doesn't matter what theme/IP it is. When you're standing there wondering, "what should we do?", and your face is melting, Tianas it is! That's success in Disneys eyes.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm ready to declare it a success. It's a water ride, in central Florida. It doesn't matter what theme/IP it is. When you're standing there wondering, "what should we do?", and your face is melting, Tianas it is! That's success in Disneys eyes.

It’s just an elaborate long term refurb

People will line up. Because splash mountain is a good ride. Full stop.

And those parks are underequipped and disgruntlement is high. Connect the dots.

The question is - what do they spin after this?

They got nothing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom