News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

allgiggles

I have never been to WDW/DL within a month of something major debuting let alone the same day or a few days fallowing? What is it like? Is MK expected to be a madhouse and crazy busy? Will all the other parks be not as busy? I am curious what to expect.

Ideally I would've rather it have been open for some time already or not open at all. Seems like it's opening during my trip kind've throws months of planning out the window lol.

We were there for the opening of the new Frozen ride and the Anna & Elsa meet & greet in EP. We purposely avoided EP on opening day but did get FPs for the 2nd day. That area of EP was pretty crowded (the standby line was over 4 hours long at times and that line snaked through World Showcase). Other than the area right around Norway being crowded, I don't remember the rest of the park being overly crowded (but I could have forgotten). My concern with TBA is that the location of the ride is not a large open space like WS, so I think that area is going to be a madhouse with people not understanding that they're not going to be able to just go get in a standby line.

And I feel the same way that you do about wanting it to be open for awhile or not open at all for your trip. We're heading to DW in June and once I realized that there was no way TBA was going to open in May...and then the Press Event was announced for June 10-12...then I was really worried that TBA would open while we were there. The June 28th opening makes me happy....we leave for home on 6/24. :) We had the same thing happen with the opening of Toy Story Land -- left on Monday and it opened on Friday. We didn't get back to Disney for 4 years after TSL opened (thanks to Covid), so it wasn't the madhouse it had been when it first opened. I'm hoping for the same when we get to experience TBA on our next trip (probably in 2026).

We check out on the 28th and have the 4-Day park ticket along with MK After Hours on the 27th. Bummed they won't have TBA open on the 27th but will save our MK Day for 28th and "soak" in the madhouse experience. Does WDW typically have any giveaways / mementos for opening day of an attraction?

yensidtlaw1969

We check out on the 28th and have the 4-Day park ticket along with MK After Hours on the 27th. Bummed they won't have TBA open on the 27th but will save our MK Day for 28th and "soak" in the madhouse experience. Does WDW typically have any giveaways / mementos for opening day of an attraction?
Wouldn't count on a giveaway, but releasing a commemorative Pin or similar wouldn't be out of the question.

AndyS2992

You might be lucky and they may open it for a few hours a few days ahead of time as a 'soft opening' to test it all out, train CMs in real World situations, get guest feedback etc

And yes, special maps, buttons, stickers, cupcakes, lithographs, nothing spectacular.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
Happy Eeeee GIF

What a day.

celluloid

VQ and LL, along with the Florida Lightning storms is going to mean this thing is going to be difficult for many to ride this thing

It is going to take some fans a few trips to nab a ride on this the new attention. Not just a hop in and go without ILL.

nickys

Premium Member
I assume June 28 is general public, so there would be Cast/DVC/Passholder previews the weeks leading up to it
We'll be there a few weeks before the 28th.
2 questions about DVC/Passholder previews.
  1. I assume DVC is only for "blue card" holders (sadly not us).
  2. Are passholder previews limited to only those who have the annual pass, or can people who are traveling with or in the party with those passholders also ride? (We are not annual passholders, but the people we will be vacationing with are)
1. Yes
2. Limited to those with APs usually.

Details due on Tuesday 14th May.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom