News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Disstevefan1

I'm ready to declare it a success. It's a water ride, in central Florida. It doesn't matter what theme/IP it is. When you're standing there wondering, "what should we do?", and your face is melting, Tianas it is! Let's purchase $27 per person ILLs since there is no standby and the boarding groups are full. That's success in Disney's eyes.
FIFY ;)

Trauma

I'm ready to declare it a success. It's a water ride, in central Florida. It doesn't matter what theme/IP it is. When you're standing there wondering, "what should we do?", and your face is melting, Tianas it is! That's success in Disneys eyes.
Why have any theme at all ? Maybe cast can stand around with a couple garden hoses and charge $29 to wet you down.

In the Parks
No
Why have any theme at all ? Maybe cast can stand around with a couple garden hoses and charge $29 to wet you down.
1715623426096.png

Ironically, something like this would make more thematic sense for a food factory.

erasure fan1

It’s just an elaborate long term refurb

People will line up. Because splash mountain is a good ride. Full stop.

And those parks are underequipped and disgruntlement is high. Connect the dots.

The question is - what do they spin after this?

They got nothing
The spin is, "look at the demand! Everyone loves it." Disney is the master of spin, so they'll have no problem turning the data in favor of whatever outcome they want to sell. Lol

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The spin is, "look at the demand! Everyone loves it." Disney is the master of spin, so they'll have no problem turning the data in favor of whatever outcome they want to sell. Lol
It’s splash mountain. Anyone claiming anything else is just playing the fool.

They can put as much “historical” inaccuracy they want…like a female in depression era New Orleans running her own business 🙄…but it doesn’t change anything about it’s a repurposed ride

AEfx

You are always going to find different opinions on experiences, but I suspect this is quite the minority view. In fact, I think the opposite was probably true for more people - that the "critters" and songs were beloved and people went on the ride despite the drop. I know that is how my dad - who hates thrill rides and has a fear of heights - was in that he figuratively held his breath to ride Splash because he loved the story execution so much but hated the drop.

I would wonder how internal or outside ratings would grade Splash? Touring plans has it rated as 4.5/5 stars for all age groups expect preschool (where it was still a 4/5).

That said, I'm waiting to see how they have done here. At first glance, I think the added foliage makes the mountain itself look less mountainous, more like a grassy hill, but that's just based on the pictures I have seen. If the ride inside is well-done, I'll definitely give credit where it is due. I know little about the film - I am at least hoping the songs are catchy and universal enough (no pun intended) to make the attraction as fun as can be.

erasure fan1

It’s splash mountain. Anyone claiming anything else is just playing the fool.

They can put as much “historical” inaccuracy they want…like a female in depression era New Orleans running her own business 🙄…but it doesn’t change anything about it’s a repurposed ride
I'm not saying anyone will actually believe it. Well there's a few here that will I'm sure. Lol

NickMaio

This very fun log flume ride will be just fine and will be MOBBED when it opens because it’s something NEW to experience.

Well maybe not MOBBED because they will probably start will boarding groups and ILL🤑only to begin with and NO STANDBY.
It's such a greasy way to get people to spend more money.
3-4 waits can be part of the fun.

C'mon WDW enough with the pocket picking already.......

Drop the boarding groups for Tron and GOTG......................

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
Tron, a NEW Anticipated and Popular E-Ticket didn't move the needle in terms of Summer 2023 attendance and resort bookings...which were bad.

TBA doesn't appear to be doing the same with at least resort bookings (with hefty discounts). Attendance is TBD for TBA but I don't have high hopes.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Tron, a NEW Anticipated and Popular E-Ticket didn't move the needle in terms of Summer 2023 attendance and resort bookings...which were bad.

TBA doesn't appear to be doing the same with at least resort bookings (with hefty discounts). Attendance is TBD for TBA but I don't have high hopes.
Disney parks are too expensive for people to show up for a ride.

We’re past that.

They didn’t really get anyone to bite on Star Wars…and it’s only partially because the lands suck…

Universal will get a bump because they’re opening a brand spanking new, major park and support facilities

A repurposed ride or meager add every five years isn’t gonna cut it.

Disney Analyst

Everyone is different. I’m more trepidatious than excited, because I truly loved Splash and want TBA to be a worthy successor.

All of us will find out soon enough what we’re actually dealing with.

I also think it’s important to add to your conversation, positivity is not the same as negativity.

Adding negativity to a conversation for the sake of being negative is draining. It sucks the life out of the room. It’s dark, dreary, depressing.

While I have shared my own shaky feelings on this redo, I’ve also shared much positivity. I think contributing to something positively is always a better solution. And you can provide criticism in positive ways.

I haven’t seen anyone on here saying things like “this is clearly the best attraction ever, and better then Splash”. But many have shared positive takes, or optimism. And I don’t see anything wrong with that. I am sure many of us will be the first to also point out if it misses the mark.

Spreading optimism or thinking positive in advance of anyone actually riding this thing is just different to me than someone being negative and pooping on it all in advance, simply because they decided they hated it 4 years ago.

And that’s fine if they hate it, and always will, but coming here to be overly negative does not benefit any of us, and frankly I get worried about how draining it must be on oneself to be so negative all the time.

Chi84

Premium Member
You are always going to find different opinions on experiences, but I suspect this is quite the minority view. In fact, I think the opposite was probably true for more people - that the "critters" and songs were beloved and people went on the ride despite the drop. I know that is how my dad - who hates thrill rides and has a fear of heights - was in that he figuratively held his breath to ride Splash because he loved the story execution so much but hated the drop.

I would wonder how internal or outside ratings would grade Splash? Touring plans has it rated as 4.5/5 stars for all age groups expect preschool (where it was still a 4/5).
I’m not so sure it’s a minority view. Of course the attraction is going to be scored high based on ride and theming. It’s important to have a great ride along with the excellent theming one expects from Disney.

But how important is the specific theming to most Disney guests? If the ride is the same and the theming is done well, how many guests will be upset that they’re hearing different music and seeing different animatronics portraying a different story?

In my opinion, the vast majority of people who visit WDW don’t have anywhere near the emotional connection to Disney and its history as the people who post on these boards. For that matter, I’m there quite often and don’t have that type of emotional connection to rabbits as opposed to frogs. As long as it’s a good ride and well-themed, I think most people will accept and enjoy it.

Mr. Sullivan

I really want to preface this by saying I’m not intending this question to be mean, I’m just genuinely curious:

There’s so much talk within Disney Parks fandom about Splash and its story and characters being beloved and all that. But by who outside the niche parks fandom?

I truly have not come across a single person outside the parks fandom who really cares that Splash is becoming Tiana’s, nor did they really have all that much of a personal love for Br’er Rabbit and co and that story.

I’m not saying they don’t exist at all, but I can’t help but think its the real die hard Splash ride or die fans that are the minority. I really cannot imagine that 98% of the millions that visit really care what critters are in there, or what music plays, or what the story is. They just wanna get wet.

This level of caring is very unique to the Parks fandom. Sure Splash had high ratings because it’s a fun flume ride. I really don’t think it’s characters had anything to do with that rating for the vast majority of people.

AEfx

Which is just incredibly shocking.

I mean, who would have thought, a franchise with a moderately well-reviewed 80's entry that was a box office bomb, and a sequel a dozen or so years ago that just about broke even commercially and had mediocre reviews, being given a brand-spanking new white indoor coaster right next to another white, slightly more dingy indoor coaster, with a thrilling 70 seconds of ride time, that you have to make a reservation or outright pay to experience, as the first new "E-ticket" in the MK in almost 30 years, wouldn't have those phones at Disney lighting up with new reservations.

Will wonders never cease?

LittleBuford

I also think it’s important to add to your conversation, positivity is not the same as negativity.

Adding negativity to a conversation for the sake of being negative is draining. It sucks the life out of the room. It’s dark, dreary, depressing.

While I have shared my own shaky feelings on this redo, I’ve also shared much positivity. I thing contributing to something positively is always a better solution. And you can provide criticism in positive ways.

I haven’t seen anyone on here saying things like “this is clearly the best attraction ever, and better then Splash”. But many have shared positive takes, or optimism. And I don’t see anything wrong with that. I am sure many of us will be the first to also point out if it misses the mark.

Spreading optimism or thinking positive in advance of anyone actually riding this thing is just different to me than someone being negative and pooping on it all in advance, simply because they decided they hated it 4 years ago.

And that’s fine if they hate it, and always will, but coming here to be overly negative does not benefit any of us, and frankly I get worried about how draining it must be on oneself to be so negative all the time.
I don't fully agree, because I think the pessimists among us should feel just as comfortable posting here as the optimists. What matters in my view is that people contribute to the discussion in good faith and with civility, not merely to goad or demean others.

Chi84

Premium Member
I really want to preface this by saying I’m not intending this question to be mean, I’m just genuinely curious:

There’s so much talk within Disney Parks fandom about Splash and its story and characters being beloved and all that. But by who outside the niche parks fandom?

I truly have not come across a single person outside the parks fandom who really cares that Splash is becoming Tiana’s, nor did they really have all that much of a personal love for Br’er Rabbit and co and that story.

I’m not saying they don’t exist at all, but I can’t help but think its the real die hard Splash ride or die fans that are the minority. I really cannot imagine that 98% of the millions that visit really care what critters are in there, or what music plays, or what the story is. They just wanna get wet.

This level of caring is very unique to the Parks fandom. Sure Splash had high ratings because it’s a fun flume ride. I really don’t think it’s characters had anything to do with that rating for the vast majority of people.
We were typing at the same time, weren’t we?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

I think this is true. Outside of these and other forums like it, most people are excited for "the new Tiana ride." The drop will be the same as it always was. I would also venture a guess that most guests couldn't explain the story of Splash Mountain very well, anyway.

And I say this as someone who loved Splash Mountain, but its day has passed and it's time to move on to the next thing.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

I'm ready to declare it a success. It's a water ride, in central Florida. It doesn't matter what theme/IP it is. When you're standing there wondering, "what should we do?", and your face is melting, Tianas it is! That's success in Disneys eyes.
not really, not when there is no standby and your not allowed to get on or get in line on a whim.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom