News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Unbanshee

I have never been to WDW/DL within a month of something major debuting let alone the same day or a few days fallowing? What is it like? Is MK expected to be a madhouse and crazy busy? Will all the other parks be not as busy? I am curious what to expect.

Ideally I would've rather it have been open for some time already or not open at all. Seems like it's opening during my trip kind've throws months of planning out the window lol.

It'll be a bit busier, but with VQ, it's nothing like it used to be. You should be fine

JohnD

So each version is suppose to be identical with no additional scenes or effects?

I think it would be cool if somehow they found a way to differentiate the two besides the exterior finishes.
They have different ride logs. DL is single file. Where WDW is two each. Splash had different soundtracks in each. I doubt that is happening with Tiana. Outside lighting effects are likely to be slightly different due to pre-existing build of the ride system.

aladdin2007

They have different ride logs. DL is single file. Where WDW is two each. Splash had different soundtracks in each. I doubt that is happening with Tiana. Outside lighting effects are likely to be slightly different due to pre-existing build of the ride system.
Didn't Disneylands also have a sections of cavern tunnels you rode through whereas ours did not?

LAM378

Ideally I would've rather it have been open for some time already or not open at all. Seems like it's opening during my trip kind've throws months of planning out the window lol.

I get this. My trip is 6/22 to 6/29 and if it wasn’t going to open, like, *now*, then I’m a little relieved to hear about the 6/28 opening date.

Ice Gator

Is there anyone who is doubting they are going to announce Tiana replacing Pecos during D23 or in the same time range? It seems more certain than even the Dino replacement at times
I imagine at D23 we get more on AK’s Tropical Americas and Beyond Big Thunder- it’s first phase likely being Pecos to Tiana’s/a small New Orleans area. Theres no way they skip out on giving MK a New Orleans style restaurant.

Nevermore525

This show is terrible. Please do the Tiana thing so I can shut it off!!
IMG_4236.jpeg

yensidtlaw1969

The entirety of Magic Kingdom was constructed in the same time period, 18 months. This is a reskin of an existing attraction. I mean, great that they got it done, but let’s not go nuts.
It's worth remembering, though, that it is often more difficult to reconfigure an existing building than it is to build one new. When you're starting from scratch the construction process can be planned to account for the best order of operations for what you're building. Meanwhile, taking everything out of a finished ride profile and installing everything new within it can be a lot like building a ship in a bottle. Elements that would have otherwise been built around in a new construction instead have to get installed in pieces within the existing facility and made to work seamlessly, which is hard to do quickly and correctly.

I agree that the speed at which TBA was done should be much closer to the standard (there's no good excuse for things like TRON taking as long as it did), but it was still an ambitious timeframe for the work being done and it's great that they've completed the project so quickly.

Lucky for us, much of what's being planned though the rest of the decade is being proposed with similar "accelerated" timelines - relative to the recent standard practice, at least. For a number of reasons, Disney doesn't feel like they have time to kill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom