News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Brer Bear

I assume June 28 is general public, so there would be Cast/DVC/Passholder previews the weeks leading up to it
We'll be there a few weeks before the 28th.
2 questions about DVC/Passholder previews.
  1. I assume DVC is only for "blue card" holders (sadly not us).
  2. Are passholder previews limited to only those who have the annual pass, or can people who are traveling with or in the party with those passholders also ride? (We are not annual passholders, but the people we will be vacationing with are)
I’m wondering the same thing. We’ll be there June 17-21 with 2 AP holders. Could they bring some “friends” on a ride?🙏

GenChi

Dang they’re really teasing us by pumping beignet smell throughout the queue but having nowhere in MK to get some after riding.
Is there anyone who is doubting they are going to announce Tiana replacing Pecos during D23 or in the same time range? It seems more certain than even the Dino replacement at times

Ghost93

Is there anyone who is doubting they are going to announce Tiana replacing Pecos during D23 or in the same time range? It seems more certain than even the Dino replacement at times
I think Tiana replacing Pecos would be good synergy. Get people hungry for New Orleans-type meals on the ride, and then make them want to buy some food of that sort at the nearby restaurant.

Although I wish it would be a full sit-down restaurant like in the film instead of a chain.

ToTBellHop

The intern had compassion for the folks who don't want to watch American idol anymore
1715540975707.gif

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Just regular Swiss Chalet? Not the Festive Special?
Wrong time of year. 😂
Regular Swiss Chalet is pretty awesome. Not St. Hubert’s awesome, but pretty darn good. (This was actually our dinner last night, not an internet pic.)

I used to hate Chalet Sauce (tasted like soap to me), but now I can’t get enough of it!

aladdin2007

still wondering how they are going to handle ap previews etc, every time they do these its a fiasco of systems crashing and impossible to win a slot so to speak..thats going to be a general problem anyway once it opens to the public, whether virtual or LL,,,,good luck,,,because wont be easy.......however word of mouth on the final product I think will be a big player. They still haven't shown us much of anything other than animatronics...that could still mean great things they are saving till it opens ...or they don't have much to show in the interior.

Last edited:

Tha Realest

I appreciate Drew’s updates here. That said, here are the TOU for the forum posting rules:

7. Please do not attempt to sell or trade any products or services in our community. You should head to a dedicated site for that.

11. The WDWMAGIC forum is not for self-promotion or advertising. Any such posts made without permission will be deleted.

Now, in fairness, he did preface his post about hoping it wasn’t breaking rules.

tanc

I wonder if we will get a sneak peak inside during the release date reveal. Knowing Disney, would not be surprised if it's at the very end of the show.

Also, if Disney is going to announce something, wouldn't both parties advertise this in order to generate more attention? American Idol could get a bump in viewers and Disney World would get more specific advertising. "Watch American Idol tomorrow night for a special announcement on Walt Disney World's newest attraction Tiana's Bayou Adventure".
I think they read my post 😂

Fido Chuckwagon

Whether you agree with the retheme or not, a project this scope completing in under a year and a half is impressive. Hats off to Imagineering for the speed.
The entirety of Magic Kingdom was constructed in the same time period, 18 months. This is a reskin of an existing attraction. I mean, great that they got it done, but let’s not go nuts.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
I hope Drew doesn't stop posting here and it's too bad they got his post deleted. He's a great, positive contributor to this board. Which it needs to combat all the rudeness that can be here. I hope this board recognizes that.
I'm not going to stop posting here when the rules are clearly set. I didn't realize that was a rule until about 5 minutes ago, but that's also not their responsibility. At the end of the day, if one person can break the rules, then everyone can. They are there for a reason.

pigglewiggle

I'm not going to stop posting here when the rules are clearly set. I didn't realize that was a rule until about 5 minutes ago, but that's also not their responsibility. At the end of the day, if one person can break the rules, then everyone can. They are there for a reason.

You're a good guy. 🙂 and I agree, rules are rules.

But there was no need for those obnoxious posts.

Vclguy90

I have never been to WDW/DL within a month of something major debuting let alone the same day or a few days fallowing? What is it like? Is MK expected to be a madhouse and crazy busy? Will all the other parks be not as busy? I am curious what to expect.

Ideally I would've rather it have been open for some time already or not open at all. Seems like it's opening during my trip kind've throws months of planning out the window lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom