News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
I appreciate all of you very much. Thank you guys for the kind words.

I did want to mention something on here that I don't think anyone has yet, and that's the background of the cards from the critter reveals.

We know we will see the rara band further down the bayou, and the background gives a decent idea of how the environment will be if you compare it to the zydeco band from the first scene.

Here's the first scene:
Tianas-Bayou-Adventure-Rendering.jpg

Tianas-Critters-01.jpg

And here's the rara scene background:
Tianas-Critters-08.jpg

A little tease but a fun detail regardless.

Surferboy567

I appreciate all of you very much. Thank you guys for the kind words.

I did want to mention something on here that I don't think anyone has yet, and that's the background of the cards from the critter reveals.

We know we will see the rara band further down the bayou, and the background gives a decent idea of how the environment will be if you compare it to the zydeco band from the first scene.

Here's the first scene:
View attachment 776830
View attachment 776832

And here's the rara scene background:
View attachment 776833

A little tease but a fun detail regardless.
Further down the bayou has to mean the Laughin Place so trying to piece it all together we have:

To Millhouse: Down in New Orleans
To Slippin Falls: Take you there
How Do You Do? Take you there (Zydeco band)
Laughin Place: ??? (Rara band)
Lift + Drop: Dig a little deeper
Finale: ???

Surferboy567

You know, on second thought, “we’re opening a rethemed Splash Mountain” would have been a pretty weak response to the Epic Universe questions. Better to not bring up the (controversial) ride retheme today at all.
It’s better than nothing…which was brought up today. They didn’t even mention WDW by name.

mickEblu

It’s better than nothing…which was brought up today. They didn’t even mention WDW by name.

I disagree it’s better than nothing. The people that really want to hear about TBAs opening date will probably hear about it very soon. On a day when comparisons to Universals new theme park aren’t being made on a live stream with people tuning in from all around the world.

Last edited:

celluloid

They could have easily said more announcements coming at D23 or soon but they elected to say nothing. This worries me.

It should. Bob won't be here for the completion or deep work of any of this, and its just concept again to promise launches of the last major property they are going to milk that makes money, which is Avatar to help what will be by then, a more struggling Disneyland.

MerlinTheGoat

Why do they keep delaying the opening day announcement?
Perhaps Disney themselves don't actually know when it's going to be done. Just speculating, but technical setbacks can happen. And if resources are shared between WDW and DL (and I believe they are here), one version could conceivably cause the other to fall behind. This has already been a pretty unusual project, especially with its opening date. They already tried to slice off 5-6 months off the construction period. So they may have run into unforeseen issues that caused a delay for all we know. All of this post is conjecture on my part though, not information I was given.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Perhaps Disney themselves don't actually know when it's going to be done. Just speculating, but technical setbacks can happen. And if resources are shared between WDW and DL (and I believe they are here), one version could conceivably cause the other to fall behind. This has already been a pretty unusual project, especially with its opening date. They already tried to slice off 5-6 months off the construction period. So they may have run into unforeseen issues that caused a delay for all we know. All of this post is conjecture on my part though, not information I was given.
Perhaps the cycling of logs through the ride gave the false impression that they were in the final stages of the renovation. It could have been that restarting the logs was among the easier things to do to show progress since the ride system appears to have been mostly untouched from Splash.

JohnD

I wouldn't be surprised it they wanted to take attention away from the investor day due to the battle over board seats. Yes, they announced potential Avatar experience, but that would likely be less press than WDW news about ride opening.
I think you're right. They wanted the big news to be about they got the board members they wanted, not somebody else's.

Earlie the Pearlie

Perhaps the cycling of logs through the ride gave the false impression that they were in the final stages of the renovation. It could have been that restarting the logs was among the easier things to do to show progress since the ride system appears to have been mostly untouched from Splash.
I’m not sure about this- the imagineers in the logs aren’t wearing hard hats. If the show scenes were still an active construction zone, they would most likely be wearing them. I’m chalking up the lack of an announcement to either minor technical difficulties that need to be ironed out or Peltz, as some people have said.

MouseEarsMom33

I’m not sure about this- the imagineers in the logs aren’t wearing hard hats. If the show scenes were still an active construction zone, they would most likely be wearing them. I’m chalking up the lack of an announcement to either minor technical difficulties that need to be ironed out or Peltz, as some people have said.
If there were technical difficulties potentially pushing out the date, they probably would have held off on the news about Tiana yesterday. I think this had more to do about Peltz battle.

They did say more surprises were in store for summer, so maybe there will be a second PR push?

Have we seen the video that Josh D. recorded at TBA? I thought some thought it could be for Investor Day?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom