News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
Well, I owe all of you an apology after this one. I learned a very valuable lesson today to not trust everything you are told. I believed the information about us getting the date today due to the summer 2024 opening confirmed at Mardi Gras which I was told in January, and when that happened, then I thought I was clear to talk about this too. At the end of the day, I still decided to post it as fact, and was wrong, so I'll live up to my mistake and won't do anything like this going forward. If we don't get the date on Tuesday with the final critter reveal, I'll be even more confused.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, I owe all of you an apology after this one. I learned a very valuable lesson today to not trust everything you are told. I believed the information about us getting the date today due to the summer 2024 opening confirmed at Mardi Gras which I was told in January, and when that happened, then I thought I was clear to talk about this too. At the end of the day, I still decided to post it as fact, and was wrong, so I'll live up to my mistake and won't do anything like this going forward. If we don't get the date on Tuesday with the final critter reveal, I'll be even more confused.
I'm surprised as well. Today seemed the perfect opportunity to do it, and there really isn't anything else between now and the summer to do it. I am guessing at this point it will be down to a social media/blog post.

Tiana's Bayou Adventure opening date still a mystery post-Disney shareholder meeting​

bmr1591

Not your fault. Information changes last minute often. You trusted your source, who had been correct in the past. Nothing to apologize for. Thanks for all the updates you've been giving. I appreciate it!

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Agreed so bummed.... Still just a waiting game I guess and definitely feeling like summer means July
I've been hesitant to share here mostly because it was a comment open to different interpretations *and* it was off cuff, but the phrase I heard was "coming later this summer to Walt Disney World." The intepretations are either (a) later this year any time this summer or (b) later in summer as in the second half of summer. Folks seemed very confident that we'd hear something today so I was hoping got clarity.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Quick! Draw a picture of an Avatar experience we won’t build but looks pretty!
OIG2.jpeg

pigglewiggle

I do not say this lightly when this is the most confused and sick I've felt in possibly my entire life. I have been looking forward to today for the *entire* year for this announcement and all we get is more blue sky art for something at Disneyland. I truly don't get it.

I appreciate that because I truly want to share not only useful information, but accurate information, and after this, I feel like I have failed the entire community and I'm very sad about that. I learned my lesson today at least so I can improve for the future.

Don't feel bad, you've been giving us great information! I look forward to your posts.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Kids today are far more familiar with Kung Fu Panda than Ratatouille.
This assumes kids are choosing for themselves the content they consume. They don't. Their parents do.

Otherwise, kids wouldn't care about the traditional princesses or Pooh or Peter Pan or any of the Renaissance movies.

Their parents put on Moana on the mobile device and then the kids want it on 24/7.

The next generation of parents participated in making an online Ratatouille remake during the lockdowns.

celluloid

This assumes kids are choosing for themselves the content they consume. They don't. Their parents do.

Otherwise, kids wouldn't care about the traditional princesses or Pooh or Peter Pan or any of the Renaissance movies.

Their parents put on Moana on the mobile device and then the kids want it on 24/7.

The next generation of parents participated in making an online Ratatouille remake during the lockdowns.
Yes, parents are always an influence.

That does not change the fact of what currently makes the most relevant and profit.

And really bad news for Disney considering what people are spending the most of their money on right now.

That points out how much worse it really is.

Last edited:

Ayla

I do not say this lightly when this is the most confused and sick I've felt in possibly my entire life. I have been looking forward to today for the *entire* year for this announcement and all we get is more blue sky art for something at Disneyland. I truly don't get it.

I appreciate that because I truly want to share not only useful information, but accurate information, and after this, I feel like I have failed the entire community and I'm very sad about that. I learned my lesson today at least so I can improve for the future.
Please don't beat yourself up. The information you share here with everyone (for free) is valuable! I know I appreciate all your updates on TBA. 🤗

celluloid

Decisions like when to announce a project come down to marketing decisions. And marketing at Disney is notoriously mercurial.

Often times, marketing wants to, and the executives, like they do to other leadership in different departments tells them no, they as top brass know better.
This happens a lot within this company to where WDI, Marketing, Retail design, procurement(and so on) wonder why they were hired as experts in the first place.
Marketing based decision, but not marketing department.

ToTBellHop

Often times, marketing wants to, and the executives, like they do to other leadership in different departments tells them no, they as top brass know better.
This happens a lot within this company to where WDI, Marketing, Retail design, procurement(and so on) wonder why they were hired as experts in the first place.
Marketing based decision, but not marketing department.
Sure. If Iger thought it made for a more compelling presentation, he was wrong. Then again, there were so many crazy people given 2 minutes in the limelight during the meeting that maybe it wasn’t the right venue. “Sound familiar, Bob?” Cringe.

Surferboy567

You have done so much for the community mistakes happen. Do not beat yourself up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom