News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

celluloid

I think you may be a little biased. You are dubious Encanto is popular enough to justify an attraction but all on board for an entire land themed to How to Train Your Dragon.

Who said anything about how to train your dragon?

I am talking about Kung Fu Panda and Pussnboots being recent hits. (Both recent hits, Kung Fu as recent as this Spring and still making bank)

If you think Encanto as a whole is more popular than Kung Fu Panda as a whole, you are kidding yourself.(and I don't even like Kung Fu Panda)

How to Train your Dragon is a different Dreamworks property for next year at an all-new theme park. I question popularity for a land, but I can't deny of all Dreamworks animation, it translates well for a land.

If you think Princess and The Frog is timelier and more relevant than Kung Fu Panda, you are also likely kidding yourself.
(merch in the parks, for sure Princess and the Frog still sells)

Sir_Cliff

Who said anything about how to train your dragon? And read the tongue and cheek.

I am talking about Kung Fu Panda and Pussnboots being recent hits. (Both recent hits)
I think Disney is doing ok with their IP alongside Dreamworks. Maybe, for example, Kung Fu Panda is more of a recent box office hit than Ratatouille, but I don't think Disney is worse off for being able to build a Ratatouille attraction and not a KFP attraction. I would say the same for PatF.

celluloid

I think Disney is doing ok with their IP alongside Dreamworks. Maybe, for example, Kung Fu Panda is more of a recent box office hit than Ratatouille, but I don't think Disney is worse off for being able to build a Ratatouille attraction and not a KFP attraction. I would say the same for PatF.
Kids today are far more familiar with Kung Fu Panda than Ratatouille.

Not to say that the others are not popular.

But relevancy of attractions opening up PATF vs DreamWorks land. It is not even close. PussnBoots and Kung Fu Panda are both recent hits and have a two-decade legacy of not losing popularity.

As Disney fans we like to think everyone knows Princess and The Frog the same way they did from 2009-2011. But that is not the case. Only one has a hit movie out right now and a series actually produced. So the relevance of time point stands.
Disney missed the mark with their Disney Plus synergy goal on this one.

Last edited:

celluloid

Tiana will overshadow everything else here soon once everyone realizes how good it's going to be. :)

That would be nice, but it is a common promise. And the general public will take time to see that.

Dreamworks Land announcement and opening. Parade and nighttime show are going to be back-to-back punches they better hope Tiana blows people away.

Sir_Cliff

Kids today are far more familiar with Kung Fu Panda than Ratatouille.

Not to say that the others are not popular.

But relevancy of attractions opening up PATF vs Dreamworksland. It is not even close.

As Disney fans we like to think everyone knows Princes and The Frog the same wy they did from 2009-2011. But that is not the case. Only one has a hit movie out right now and a series actually produced. So the relevance of time point stands.
I think you're underestimating the Disney halo over their IP. There have been a lot of animated films that have out-performed Disney films at the box office over the years, but Disney is particularly good at adding value by folding them into their catalogue.

celluloid

I think you're underestimating the Disney halo over their IP. There have been a lot of animated films that have out-performed Disney films at the box office over the years, but Disney is particularly good at adding value by folding them into their catalogue.

I think you are still thinking of Disney pre 2011 and underestimating how kids these days have been raised by Netflix the way Saturday morning Disney cartoons raised many in the early 90s.

Evident further by the fact that Dreamworks Land is happening after the success of this method. And a Kids focused park in Texas.

Disney is of course great at their legacy or have been.

There has not been this much separation from Disney and their competition in family entertainment since waking Sleeping Beauty era of pre 1989. And there was not quite this large of a gap either.

The Illumination and Dreamworks generation is very powerful. Not just because they had luck and marketing, but because among their few hits, their reputation continued as Disney's diminished.

But all this besides the point.

To the general Public. Princess Tiana Splash vs a new area that no one cared much about before is going to seem far more new to people and steal more of that thunder than people realize. The one-two punch of it all.

Bayou

Was Posted But Then Deleted A Few Minutes Ago...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 9.03.10โ€ฏPM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 9.03.10โ€ฏPM.png
    259.4 KB · Views: 214
  • Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 8.58.57โ€ฏPM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 8.58.57โ€ฏPM.png
    349.7 KB · Views: 215

Sir_Cliff

The Illumination and Dreamworks generation is very powerful. Not just because they had luck and marketing, but because among their few hits, their reputation continued as Disney's diminished.
Is there an Illumination and Dreamworks generation? I know there are a lot of people who love Universal in the theme parks world, but I've never heard people profess their love for either Dreamworks or Illumination as you routinely hear people talk about how much they love Disney.

Tiana will overshadow everything else here soon once everyone realizes how good it's going to be. :)
Sorry, there are still too many issues with the plot of this ride and the lack of stakes to allow me to put any credence into someone saying how good it will be. Unless they have completely hidden something about this that will not only knock my socks off, but knit me a whole new pair of socks, I'm still skeptical.

MerlinTheGoat

The Dreamworks lands look really nice at least, especially the HTTYD area going into Epic which is stunning. But they're lacking in attractions. I've personally no interest whatsoever in that Mack Water Battle ride or the other prettied up roadside carnival rides. The coaster will probably be a nice scenic tour through the land, but the stage show looks the most interesting. Still, I think the land is lacking in really elaborate E tickets.

The Shrek area is particularly lacking. I think it's basically just a play area spruce up with no new rides.

I am legitimately more curious about TBA than any of the Dreamworks stuff. Half morbidly curious, half actually and genuinely optimistic though. Though it's not without its own gripes, namely not being an actually new ride but a replacement.

celluloid

Is there an Illumination and Dreamworks generation? I know there are a lot of people who love Universal in the theme parks world, but I've never heard people profess their love for either Dreamworks or Illumination as you routinely hear people talk about how much they love Disney.

How old are your kids?

celluloid

I don't have any. How old are yours?
3 and 9.

Anyone under ten years old has been raised in a way that my generation was raised by The Disney Channel.
Through Netflix, Illumination and Dreamworks prior to and concurrently with Disney Plus coming in later.

The number one streaming service in the world has had Dreamworks spin off shows and any major kids release that has been a hit in theaters besides Toy Story 4 and Moana(daughter being 3 missed out on that one) the hits for the kids have all been Illumination and Dreamworks.

I teach public school, and the kids who are now in HS have much less love for Disney than was there when I was school-aged. They don't have the connection because to them, Disney is primarily Star Wars, lackluster updates to classics and what did they buy are they going to change now?
It reminds me very much of what my father went through with Disney in the 70s. Where it was seen as not cool to be a fan, but at least they still had a lot of releases.

Jurassic World, Potter and Dreamworks/Illumination have positioned Universal quite well in the eyes of the young and appealing of current generation. All have either successful spin offs in video games as ongoing media or television streaming.
New movies from Illumination and Dreamworks continue to be popular and even their lesser hits, are profitable and successful.

It is a different time.

Last edited:

Ghost93

I don't get complaining about Tiana/Princess and the Frog not being well known enough or relevant enough for a ride when the preceding version of the ride was based on a film that's been essentially banned by the company for almost 40 years and 99% of the population under 45 has never seen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom