News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Bayou

With a major typo of "Blue Sky's"...seems kind of fake to me.
Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 9.15.01 PM.png

In the Parks
No
I don't get complaining about Tiana/Princess and the Frog not being well known enough or relevant enough for a ride when the preceding version of the ride was based on a film that's been essentially banned by the company for almost 40 years and 99% of the population under 45 has never seen.
You didn't need to see SotS to enjoy SM, since it told a standalone story. TBA is a sequel ride. It helps to have familiarity with the characters when you see a sequel.

That said, I'm not saying Tiana isn't relevant or well known enough. I just think a sequel ride is dumb idea.

celluloid

I don't get complaining about Tiana/Princess and the Frog not being well known enough or relevant enough for a ride when the preceding version of the ride was based on a film that's been essentially banned by the company for almost 40 years and 99% of the population under 45 has never seen.

Who said not popular enough?

Only thing was ever said was you are kidding yourself if you think it is as relevant as Kung Fu Panda and Pussnboots having a land opening the same season.

Sir_Cliff

3 and 9.

Anyone under ten years old has been raised in a way that my generation was raised by The Disney Channel.
Through Netflix, Illumination and Dreamworks.

The number one streaming service in the world has had Dreamworks spin off shows and any major kids release that has been a hit in theaters besides Toy Story 4 and Moana(daughter being 3 missed out on that one) the hits for the kids have all been Illumination and Dreamworks.

I teach public school, and the kids who are now in HS have much less love for Disney than was there when I was school-aged. They don't have the connection because to them, Disney is primarily Star Wars and lackluster updates to classics.
It reminds me very much of what my father went through with Disney in the 70s. Where it was seen as not cool to be a fan, but at least they still had a lot of releases.
I just find it very hard to believe kids are so indifferent to Disney when Disney animated features continue to be among the most-streamed films every year. Usually, a Disney animated feature is the most-streamed film. If Dreamworks is so popular on the number one steaming service, why were Moana and Encanto the first and second most-steamed movies in the USA in 2023, Elemental the 4th and Frozen the 7th? Where were the Dreamworks films?

Bayou

I just find it very hard to believe kids are so indifferent to Disney when Disney animated features continue to be among the most-streamed films every year. Usually, a Disney animated feature is the most-streamed film. If Dreamworks is so popular on the number one steaming service, why were Moana and Encanto the first and second most-steamed movies in the USA in 2023, Elemental the 4th and Frozen the 7th? Where were the Dreamworks films?
Not on Disney+

celluloid

Since you don't have kids let me help explain.

Many of the streaming time is of a kid replaying the same songs or background noise for toddlers. It has its place. It is Disney releasing the information. Moana was the last Disney Princess movie hit. I mentioned this with Toy Story 4 and Moana being the final movie for the ten and under princess demographic. Raya is not going to take the place. Encanto never got a full theatrical release time so people were fine seeing it on streaming, which helped its first year numbers.

Most of Encanto was watching We don't talk About Bruno for hours the way kids play cocomelon and parents let it. One great track a movie does not make.

Cocomeleon trumps all Disney in this regard.

It does not equal relevant in the same sense for a family's enjoyment.

Encanto, is not opening with any attractions at a Disney theme parks this summer. Not sure why you want to bring that up.

Princess and The Frog is what was mentioned specifically with this.

Kung Fu Panda is far more popular as a whole with general audience, and that really bothers some people.

It does not mean that Princess and The Frog is not popular enough for an attraction or that it will not be good.

But the timing of announcement and relevancy is totally with Universal on this one thanks to the relevancy for kids through Netflix, and the obvious hit that is Kung Fu Panda 4 as it keeps raking in millions weekly right now far past any recent Disney release and more popular than the third installment that came before it.(again, thanks Netflix)

Sir_Cliff

Since you don't have kids let me help explain.

Many of the streaming time is of a kid replaying the same songs or background noise for toddlers. It has its place. It is Disney releasing the information. Moana was the last Disney Princess movie hit. I mentioned this with Toy Story 4 and Moana being the final movie for the ten and under princess demographic. Raya is not going to take the place. Encanto never got a full theatrical release time so people were fine seeing it on streaming, which helped its first year numbers.

Most of Encanto was watching We don't talk About Bruno for hours the way kids play cocomelon and parents let it. One great track a movie does not make.

Cocomeleon trumps all Disney in this regard.

It does not equal relevant in the same sense for a family's enjoyment.

Encanto, is not opening with any attractions at a Disney theme parks this summer. Not sure why you want to bring that up.

Princess and The Frog is what was mentioned specifically with this.

Kung Fu Panda is far more popular as a whole with general audience, and that really bothers some people.

It does not mean that Princess and The Frog is not popular enough for an attraction or that it will not be good.

But the timing of announcement and relevancy is totally with Universal on this one thanks to the relevancy for kids through Netflix, and the obvious hit that is Kung Fu Panda 4 as it keeps raking in millions weekly right now far past any recent Disney release and more popular than the third installment that came before it.(again, thanks Netflix)
I don't know quite how you prove the kids watching Encanto are just really re-watching We Don't Talk About Bruno over again whereas those who see Kung Fu Panda 4 truly love it even if it doesn't do so well on streaming.

On the broader point of who is connecting more with children, I guess we will see soon enough whether Universal overtakes WDW.

Bayou

I don't know quite how you prove the kids watching Encanto are just really re-watching We Don't Talk About Bruno over again whereas those who see Kung Fu Panda 4 truly love it even if it doesn't do so well on streaming.

On the broader point of who is connecting more with children, I guess we will see soon enough whether Universal overtakes WDW.
I don't believe Universal will ever overtake WDW as the premier theme park resort of Orlando. At least for a long time. However, it may gain more market share as Epic Universe and other stuff opens. Most families don't take once in a lifetime trips to Universal, their main focus is always Disney and it will be for a long long time

celluloid

Never said overtake was even likely. I said announcement of this year' attraction openings will be somewhat overshadowed by the relevant and popular.

Theater students for sure loved Encanto.

Kung Fu Panda...4. Parents and kids are still willing to go to the theater for the 20-year-old franchise.

What we do know is that Kung Fu Panda 4 has individual ticket sales, and that there are hit Dreamworks shows on Netflix that have been entertaining kids for years now.

What we don't know is if Disney Plus streaming reports are 1. Accurate and 2. Indvidual play.
Not to say it is not popular, but its not opening an attraction in the next few months either.

My point was on popularity and relevancy.

Kung Fu Panda 4 is both more popular and relevant than Princess and The Frog. And that angers people. It is what it is. I would rather watch Princess and The Frog(I saw it opening weekend in a theater with my brother, both of us grown men wanting a good animated movie)

Princess and The Frog, did that make the most popular streaming charts?
Kung Fu Panda 4 is the highest grossing kids movie outside of Mario and Despicable Me based films in the last few years(Illumination) Dreamworks had a hit Pussnboots in 2022.

Aside: Coco melon, trust me is evil and a lot of its views are just that.

Sir_Cliff

Theater students for sure loved Encanto.
That is very dismissive. It was the #1 streamed movie in 2022 and #2 streamed movie in 2023. The film continues to make the top ten list of most steamed movies in 2024.

Kung Fu Panda 4 is both more popular and relevant than Princess and The Frog. And that angers people. It is what it is. I would rather watch Princess and The Frog(I saw it opening weekend in a theater with my brother, both of us grown men wanting a good animated movie)
I don't think anyone is angered by that. It's just that it's like saying Disney is sad for building a Cinderella attraction because another park is building a Trolls attraction.

Ghost93

I don't think any sane person would argue that Tiana's Bayou Adventure in and of itself will compete with an entire theme park opening at Universal Studios. However, its opening is critical for the time being as Disney needs SOMETHING new for the 2024 year.

My guess is that the actual challenge to Epic Universe will be announced later this summer.

Vegas Disney Fan

My guess is that the actual challenge to Epic Universe will be announced later this summer.
I think at this point any challenge is going to have to be in the form of shows, parades, nighttime spectaculars, etc, I think they‘re already past the deadline to build anything, especially with so many of the specialized construction workers already working on Epic.

I also think they may just be counting on spillover from Epic, most theme park fans that travel all the way to Orlando to check out Epic are probably going to include a few days at Disney also, they may be saving their challenge for 2026 and beyond.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom