News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Alanzo

I hear that. A wonderful ride full of top-notch animatronics, music, personality and fun is being replaced by an off-putting preachy apology for all of Disney's imagined sins. What an astronomical crock.

Change can be difficult, and it's okay to feel uncertain or upset about it.

However, I want to reassure you that IMO the rethemed ride will still have the same high-quality animatronics, music, and fun, but with a new theme that represents a more inclusive and positive message.

It's important for Disney to continue to evolve and grow with the times, and this change is a step in the right direction towards creating a more welcoming and inclusive environment for all guests. I hope you can keep an open mind and embrace the new experience when it opens!

celluloid

However, I want to reassure you that IMO the rethemed ride will still have the same high-quality animatronics, music, and fun, but with a new theme that represents a more inclusive and positive message.

I think the change still stings even if the new ride is equally as good. As we see all the work and money that is going to go into the project to get the result.

That could have gone anywhere else for a park that needs it everywhere else.

Chikapin tree should be coming down next month if it is going to happen.

Brer Oswald

It's important for Disney to continue to evolve and grow with the times, and this change is a step in the right direction towards creating a more welcoming and inclusive environment for all guests. I hope you can keep an open mind and embrace the new experience when it opens!
Did Bob Iger pay you to say that?

Smiley/OCD

You can reassure everyone on here that it will still have the same high quality animatronics all you wish, but the overwhelming consensus is that there will be many less figures than with Splash.

Don’t even tell me that yeah, but most didn’t work, so it doesn’t matter…we all know that maintenance all but disappeared the last few months it was open, so that’s not a valid argument.

I REALLY hope that Tiana WILL surprise the doubters, myself included, but with the mouse’s recent track record, I’m not hopeful. If the attraction fails, I feel sorry for everyone who wanted Tiana to be a boost for inclusion, because that’s just going to get the pro-inclusion/Tiana fans just as upset with Disney as those who are against this and it will be nothing short of a big slap in the face to the Tiana fans…I guess as Asia sang, “Only Time Will Tell”…

Vegas Disney Fan

You can reassure everyone on here that it will still have the same high quality animatronics all you wish, but the overwhelming consensus is that there will be many less figures than with Splash.

Don’t even tell me that yeah, but most didn’t work, so it doesn’t matter…we all know that maintenance all but disappeared the last few months it was open, so that’s not a valid argument.

I REALLY hope that Tiana WILL surprise the doubters, myself included, but with the mouse’s recent track record, I’m not hopeful. If the attraction fails, I feel sorry for everyone who wanted Tiana to be a boost for inclusion, because that’s just going to get the pro-inclusion/Tiana fans just as upset with Disney as those who are against this and it will be nothing short of a big slap in the face to the Tiana fans…I guess as Asia sang, “Only Time Will Tell”…

I think Disney fans always feel this way when a ride goes down for a refurb or retheme. You never know what you’re going to get with Disney so we lower our expectations hoping we’ll be pleasantly surprised by it.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Alanzo

Did Bob Iger pay you to say that?

No, just trying to have an optimistic outlook on the future. Also for whatever reason my four year old loves PATF, Tiana, and the part of the song "Friends on the Other Side" where Keith David goes "yeeeeesssssssssss......".

Lots of motivation to hope this ride is a raging success in my household, animatronics and otherwise.

DisneyDebRob

Someone just posted pics of the workers already picking up the stuff for inside of Tiana’s Bayou!
23F4A651-DEB8-4F7D-80D3-B074C536AB6F.jpeg
98611ED1-77D4-4450-963A-33B169CC7CD6.jpeg
1F0CE29E-6590-4F4F-8CE9-099F39EF6DA4.png

I kid . I just have this feeling that it’s going to be screens everywhere. Been conditioned to think the worst. Probably wrong. Please have great AA’s, please.

Brer Panther

No matter how many fancy animatronics (I'm not expecting as many as Splash Mountain) and special effects the retheme has, if the storyline is lame, there's no sense of tension, and the connection to the movie is flimsy, chances are it's not gonna be all that great. All the information we've been getting about it so far doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

And I'm still not convinced that Disney is not doing this because they have good intentions.
Also for whatever reason my four year old loves PATF, Tiana, and the part of the song "Friends on the Other Side" where Keith David goes "yeeeeesssssssssss......".
They're going to be really disappointed by the fact that Dr. Facilier isn't going to be in the ride.

Alanzo

No matter how many fancy animatronics (I'm not expecting as many as Splash Mountain) and special effects the retheme has, if the storyline is lame, there's no sense of tension, and the connection to the movie is flimsy, chances are it's not gonna be all that great. All the information we've been getting about it so far doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

And I'm still not convinced that Disney is not doing this because they have good intentions.

They're going to be really disappointed by the fact that Dr. Facilier isn't going to be in the ride.

"Noooooooooo!"

She'll just have to make do with Tiana and the rest, I suppose. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom