News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Certain attractions and offerings will not be available during the event, including without limitation, Critter Country, Mickey’s Toontown including Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Sailing Ship Columbia and Tarzan's Treehouse. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be subject to availability, which may vary throughout the night and is not guaranteed.

Again, I don’t know if Tarzan’s Treehouse (or whatever it’s going to be called) will be open before Throwback Nite, so not sure why it’s listed on the latter and not the former. This may be attributable to sloppiness or inconsistency between the descriptions for these events. Still, might hint at a late April closing date for Splash West.
Tarzan's Treehouse is going to become the Adventureland Treehouse.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
From that site's Twitter. Looks like the grass is starting to be removed from the exterior.
splash-mountain-tianas-construction-feb-2023-3334.jpg
splash-mountain-tianas-construction-feb-2023-3328.jpg
I'm surprised Br'er Rabbit and the Splash Mountain name have held on this long
splash-mountain-tianas-construction-feb-2023-3353.jpg

Attachments

• splash-mountain-tianas-construction-feb-2023-3335.jpg
    splash-mountain-tianas-construction-feb-2023-3335.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 72
  • splash-mountain-tianas-construction-feb-2023-3337.jpg
    splash-mountain-tianas-construction-feb-2023-3337.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 80
  • splash-mountain-tianas-construction-feb-2023-3341.jpg
    splash-mountain-tianas-construction-feb-2023-3341.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 72

Brer Oswald

676BD2EC-9A04-436B-B1FE-5769DD97EEE0.jpeg
Not sure what the plan might be for grass/plants, but it looks like they're removing grass from this one specific spot (which, coincidentally, is depicted as grassless in the D23 concept model):

View attachment 700187
What you circled looks like the right of the flume before slippin falls, which already lacked grass.

What I circled in blue looks to be the area they are removing grass.

_caleb

I think it would be really cool if they added something to the exterior that was always in motion, like visible machinery or something. (I'm secretly hoping for an outdoor AA of Louis playing a trumpet!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom