News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
20240221_185619.jpg

20240221_191030.jpg

Mission accomplished! And videos have been acquired. I'm waiting to see if they'll send them around again.

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

That waterfall has a low setting that they would switch to either in the colder months or whenever a boat halted there for more than a few seconds. It doesn't really get people wet at that setting, and i'm fine with it remaining in such a case.

I'm more curious whether they've removed the soakers that would drench the boats between the first and second lifts. Those I hope they leave off, or again switch them permanently to the low setting they would often set them to so they don't reach the boats. I haven't spotted any of the pipes in any of the construction photos yet, though getting angles of them is tricky.

ToTBellHop

I am sure it's just not on yet... but I wouldn't be mad if that damn waterfall of doom near the end never turned on again....
It’s Dr. Facilier in waterfall form. Don't you disrespect Facilier Falls, little man! Don't you derogate or deride!

Y’all worried about a little water. Meanwhile I’m on Ripsaw Falls like
1708563139296.gif

and Bilge Rat Barges like
1708563110623.gif

Last edited:

Prince-1

Do some of us seriously believe Universal’s latest announcement left Disney thinking, “GAWRSH! Better open something 3 months early, ah-hyuck!”?

They knew EU was opening next year. Everyone knows this. D’Amaro specifically rides Fear Fall to inspect the park’s progress. He thinks the Helios looks like Riviera.

The only reason this was accelerated was because MK desperately needs capacity and it was possible to condense the timeline. The only reason for delaying to late 2024 was for something to market then. They’ll market it this summer into fall instead.

I believe at least one person who likes to swing through trees might believe exactly that.

Last edited:

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 769949

What is going on here? The reason for the colors is obvious, but what for? The bottom of some sort of small pool in the queue? Given the blue border, I'm assuming this is the final arrangement. Is it going to be glued into place and be a ceiling feature? I've no idea.
Your guess is as good as mine, but to your point, the blue border starting definitely means this is some sort of theming element. There's multiple interesting structures in the queue as of now (2nd photo), so I'm curious how the final look is going to be. At this rate, the queue won't be done until much closer to opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom