News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Sectorkeeper71

This has been bugging me as well. Even the scale model shows it.

View attachment 766947

But it looks fine in the model! In person however, it looks very much incomplete. The model and concept art do a much better job of blending the old with the new. Of note, there's a lot less greenery as well when compared to the actual structure. Too much greenery? I hope they're not done. And blend these areas a bit better.
I actually dislike the model a lot more than what the finished product is looking like. The model truly looks like “we slapped a new ride inside splash mountain” whereas the current progress looks much more like its own thing. Though tbd as to how well the sides blend into the new exterior

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
I actually dislike the model a lot more than what the finished product is looking like. The model truly looks like “we slapped a new ride inside splash mountain” whereas the current progress looks much more like its own thing. Though tbd as to how well the sides blend into the new exterior
Had I not known Splash Mountain ever existed I'd argue that the contrast between the red earth and the green foliage on the scale model is visually appealing. Knowing however that Tiana's Bayou Adventure is an overlay on the bones of Splash and that the real life counterpart didn't scale up as well it just kind of feels incomplete and incongruous.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I read in a blog about a possible opening for memorial day, maybe too early but in my opinion at this point it opens for the beginning of summer.
They are clearly working hard on this and, given its visibility, it would be hard to let it sit there for months when it looks “done”.

Ratatouille was easy to hide.

If it opens by July, it will be a bit remarkable that they will have finally completed an attraction project on a reasonable schedule.

JD80

They are clearly working hard on this and, given its visibility, it would be hard to let it sit there for months when it looks “done”.

Ratatouille was easy to hide.

If it opens by July, it will be a bit remarkable that they will have finally completed an attraction project on a reasonable schedule.

This opening prior to June is not a reasonable schedule, that's pretty quick.

Touchdown

That would be ideal. Then they have a log flume ride open again to cool guests down during the heat of summer and stays open until its annual refurbishment next winter.
Yes with a VQ that will force some souls on it early in the morning or after fireworks, which you know is not popular based on Splash’s lines at those times, heck last week even Frozens line died at the end of the night.

JoeCamel

Yes with a VQ that will force some souls on it early in the morning or after fireworks, which you know is not popular based on Splash’s lines at those times, heck last week even Frozens line died at the end of the night.
Pay for prime time with a $100 pop for fireworks?

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
Take this with a grain of salt ;)

But a fall opening for WDW, as disappointing as that would be, could be confirmed on Tuesday at Mardi Gras.

I want to be wrong on this one, but I figured just in case it does happen, it's worth mentioning here.

Hypothetically speaking, if this does happen, that means we probably wouldn't get the opening date until the Essence Festival in July, which is from July 4-7, and also happens to be almost exactly 3 months before October 1.

That would be a 86-89 day booking window between July 4-7 to October 1.

For comparison:

TRON opening on April 4 was announced on January 10, an 84-day window.

Runaway Railway opening on March 4 was announced on December 3, a 92-day window.

The fact that this window would line up with previous openings makes me think it is possible, and that the name of Tiana's Bayou Adventure and the original "late 2024" opening timeframe were announced at Essence in July 2022 could very well mean they will do a similar announcement this year, but for the opening date.

The last thing I ever want to do is share incorrect information, yet after thinking about this all day, I unfortunately could see this become a reality due to everything I listed above.

Thankfully we don't have to wait much longer to find out officially.

MerlinTheGoat

But a fall opening for WDW, as disappointing as that would be, could be confirmed on Tuesday at Mardi Gras.

I want to be wrong on this one, but I figured just in case it does happen, it's worth mentioning here.

Hypothetically speaking, if this does happen, that means we probably wouldn't get the opening date until the Essence Festival in July, which is from July 4-7, and also happens to be almost exactly 3 months before October 1.

For comparison:

Runaway Railway opening on March 4 was announced on December 3, a 92-day window.

The fact that this window would line up with previous openings makes me think it is possible, and that the name of Tiana's Bayou Adventure and the original "late 2024" opening timeframe were announced at Essence in July 2022 could very well mean they will do a similar announcement this year, but for the opening date.

The last thing I ever want to do is share incorrect information, yet after thinking about this all day, I unfortunately could see this become a reality due to everything I listed above.

Dome of salt taken, but I will say that there was something conveyed to me back in early January that had the potential to slow down the progress at WDW significantly if approved. I posted about it back then. Allegedly a new project manager out in California was looking to speed up the construction of DL's version by several months. Resources would be pulled from WDW to do so, WDW's construction would slow down significantly as a result. I don't know if this plan was approved, I don't think it was when the source told me. But if they do announce a fall opening date for Tiana soon, then i'd assume it probably was.

I said it back in this post-

Hopefully it fell through, but it wouldn't surprise me. The alleged late May opening date WOULD surprise me.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
Dome of salt taken, but I will say that there was something conveyed to me back in early January that had the potential to slow down the progress at WDW significantly if approved. I posted about it back then. Allegedly a new project manager out in California was looking to speed up the construction of DL's version by several months. Resources would be pulled from WDW to do so, WDW's construction would slow down significantly as a result. I don't know if this plan was approved, I don't think it was when the source told me. But if they do announce a fall opening date for Tiana soon, then i'd assume it probably was.

I said it back in this post-

Hopefully it fell through, but it wouldn't surprise me. The alleged late May opening date WOULD surprise me.
I remember when you posted this, it will be very interesting to see what happens. I can't say I'd be shocked if Disneyland's management wants more resources with how far ahead WDW currently is.

JD80

For comparison:

Are you just speculating?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom