News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

mickEblu

It’s just “main offices” guys

…and cranes and rainforest salt mounds in Frontierland and Food Coops and out of place murals using art that didn’t exist in the 1920s and a ridiculous fence mural and tiara wearing water towers and countless blogs that highlight the most mundane things and no conflict or main bad guy/ song from the movie.

That all.

Suspirian

I forget if it was here or the DL thread where someone said they think the "missing ingredient" is something abstract like song or love. With the news that the drop is "magic" and Mama Odie being at the top I'm gunna guess that that is true and the drop is us getting mixed in (or whatever that abstract concept is rather).

Disney Analyst

It’s just “main offices” guys

…and cranes and rainforest salt mounds in Frontierland and Food Coops and out of place murals using art that didn’t exist in the 1920s and an ridiculous fence mural and countless blogs that highlight the most mundane things and no conflict or main bad guy/ song from the movie.

We get it, you hate it.

wdrive

As much as other attractions have offices in their queue. It’s not something you promote usually. Seems strange the things they are promoting about this attraction. We still have no real idea what it’ll actually look like inside. But we’ve been told plenty how it’s an old salt mine that’s now a food production factory?

ToTBellHop

Of all things to complain about, this is a bit much. All of the details released today are consistent with the story we already were told about (and, frankly, need to deal with) but reveal the quality will be better than many expected.

It seems some will only be satisfied if they say, “they are secretly rebuilding Splash Mountain on the inside!”

ToTBellHop

A good comparison in that it's also been left to rot for the better part of a decade by management in an attempt to have the public better accept its inevitable replacement.
That’s a tad cynical. It wasn’t left to rot for a decade so Tiana could move in. Are they letting Space Mtn. rot so Miguel can move in?

The maintenance department being understaffed is not a secretive way to get more $100 million projects approved.

fgmnt

That’s a tad cynical. It wasn’t left to rot for a decade so Tiana could move in. Are they letting Space Mtn. rot so Miguel can move in?

The maintenance department being understaffed is not a secretive way to get more $100 million projects approved.
I don't think they were lining up this specific attraction in 2015 but I do think the company was ready to wash their hands of the required show upkeep work for this ride before this new attraction went into development.

ToTBellHop

I don't think they were lining up this specific attraction in 2015 but I do think the company was ready to wash their hands of the required show upkeep work for this ride before this new attraction went into development.
By replacing it with a ride that will be even more expensive to maintain? Make that make sense. People act like they bulldozed it for a Tiana M&G.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Its so funny to me that everyone is a stickler for Fronteirland's location all of the sudden when Adventureland is an amalgamation of several different whole countries that have nothing to do and are no where near each other.
It's the same way that the HM area blends into the HOP and then blends to Frontier land. It's done so gradually and with attention to the transition.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
By replacing it with a ride that will be even more expensive to maintain? Make that make sense. People act like they bulldozed it for a Tiana M&G.
But will it be more expensive to maintain for the first 10 years? Splash had to have an extensive refurb done practically every other year to stay show ready. Likely the operating expense of a "new" attraction will be lower for the first several years of operation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom