News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MerlinTheGoat

No but apparently the overall quantity is impressive. Lots of animated characters in addition to the AAs like Splash.
I've heard similar reports, though i've yet to hear any sort of exact number attached (closest was cupofchai's "over four dozen" comment). An "impressive" amount could mean anything in modern terms. Over the past two decades, their AA populations in new attractions have been in numbers well under 20. The initial source who told me this was implying that it would compare favorably to the quantity Splash had. But it's admittedly old information now. And they also said they would be reusing some of the AS figures as well (at least at Disneyland), something that Splash Archive and cupofchai have said won't be happening. And also again that the finale would see a severe reduction in AA's.

Hopefully they maintain a number on Splash's quantity. I've got my eye on the finale in particular, because that was one heck of an awesome and densely packed scene. Reducing that number to single digits would probably ruin the attraction for me, even if they do right by the other scenes.

I heard of another possible new development that may end up slowing down progress at WDW if it happens. Something about resources potentially being pulled away from WDW and reallocated to get DL's open sooner. Big if though.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If the tiara is the secret ingredient we're looking for, why the heck is it in the bayou? Or a salt mine, for that matter?
Take a closer look at the gem in the tiara. It's...

1705026772559.png

MerlinTheGoat

I wonder what a Tiana ride from the ground up would’ve looked like in 2024. Probably something closer to Frozen Ever After in scope.
From what I understand, that was exactly what they were going to do with this when they first announced it. A barren hollowed out screen-centric ride with maybe a dozen or so face projected AA's animatronics.

In an ironic twist, the enormous backlash they got over the announcement (and lukewarm support from people they thought would support it) seems to have been what motivated a change in the effort behind it.

Had this been a new from-scratch build (or heck even a basic old school dark ride replacement for the Fairytale Hall meet and greet), there would have been relatively little backlash (at least until later on when people learned more about the backstory and lack of Facilier). So there would have been very little incentive to do anything impressive with it except for the exterior and queue.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
I honestly think the secret ingredient is going to be music. Since they keep hyping up the musical aspect of the attraction and one of the plot points listed is that Tiana needs to find a band. If I had to guess, the finale will be "We found the band! Yay!! We love music thanks for helping us find it!" But, I could be wrong.
just-a-theory-matpat.png

JoeCamel

From what I understand, that was exactly what they were going to do with this when they first announced it. A barren hollowed out screen-centric ride with maybe a dozen or so face projected AA's animatronics.

In an ironic twist, the enormous backlash they got over the announcement (and lukewarm support from people they thought would support it) seems to have been what motivated a change in the effort behind it.

Had this been a new from-scratch build (or heck even a basic old school dark ride replacement for the Fairytale Hall meet and greet), there would have been relatively little backlash (at least until later on when people learned more about the backstory and lack of Facilier). So there would have been very little incentive to do anything impressive with it except for the exterior and queue.
Princess in a park? Check!

McMickeyWorld

I honestly think the secret ingredient is going to be music. Since they keep hyping up the musical aspect of the attraction and one of the plot points listed is that Tiana needs to find a band. If I had to guess, the finale will be "We found the band! Yay!! We love music thanks for helping us find it!" But, I could be wrong.
View attachment 762624
That really makes a lot of sense. 🤔 🧐

In the Parks
No
View attachment 762624
If there's one thing New Orleans has, it's music and bands! On Royal Street when I was there, there were people playing on almost every street corner.

But on Avery Island, probably not so much.

SuddenStorm

When I say that Disneyland cares more about safety than WDW, I am referring to only after Pressler/Harriss era. And more specifically, not so much Disney itself but rather OSHA. Generally known for being much more demanding about safety regulations than Florida.

Though it does surprise me that Disneyland never redid their logs to implement SOME sort of restraining feature. Whether lap bars or seat belts. Unless that's not possible to do for some reason. I don't know whether there exists any other traditional log flumes with such restraints.

I know it closed a few years ago but the log flume at Six Flags Magic Mountain didn't have seatbelts, and their flume ride that is still operating doesn't.

Sir_Cliff

View attachment 762624
That just strikes me as a bit too specific in that it's hard to imagine the message of the ride being that the one ingredient every meal/gathering needs is music. I still think it's going to be something along the lines of love or friends and family, however corny that may sound.

Fox&Hound

That just strikes me as a bit too specific in that it's hard to imagine the message of the ride being that the one ingredient every meal/gathering needs is music. I still think it's going to be something along the lines of love or friends and family, however corny that may sound.
I agree.100% the missing ingredient will be “you”. Then they will say “thanks for coming, y’all”

But if the bulk of the ride is them hurrying around looking for something lost, I kind of like the message: slow down, look around, you already have what you need.

It would certainly fit the most with “Dig a Little Deeper”!

Sir_Cliff

I agree.100% the missing ingredient will be “you”. Then they will say “thanks for coming, y’all”

But if the bulk of the ride is them hurrying around looking for something lost, I kind of like the message: slow down, look around, you already have what you need.

It would certainly fit the most with “Dig a Little Deeper”!
Both "you" and the "Dig a Little Deeper" message actually sounds like they would fit perfectly for this ride!

I agree, though, that "you" seems the most plausible as it's really the easiest to communicate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom