News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

mickEblu

Back to the subject of Tiana… the new mural lowers my expectations rather than raising them. The only thing we’ve seen so far that seems to be an improvement over Splash is the stonework in the queue.

The lack of updates from Disney means the only marketing for this ride is the coop story, the missing ingredient story, and what’s visible to guests, and so far it’s all been underwhelming.

Painting gumbo iconography inside the rustic old mill doesn’t help establish a sense of time and place. It only detracts. They don’t make imagineers like they used to.

MerlinTheGoat

To all the “the coop is just a backstory” folks, why are you ignoring what Disney’s published regarding the storyline for the ride? The on-ride continuation of the mural corroborates this is what we’re largely going to get:
The reason i'm ignoring claims of it being the central part of the main ride is because of what little we know of the interior scenes. That interior being what constitutes 90% of the actual ride, and is going to look like this-

bnfi47957804791jkrfhgyig3t.jpg

BI7575765675765.jpg

I've said from the very beginning that this co-op crap is going to fill out the queue and parts of the exterior. But that we know the interior of the ride is supposed to diverge into a more traditional musical critter dark ride.

mickEblu

The reason i'm ignoring claims of it being the central part of the main ride is because of what little we know of the interior scenes. That interior being what constitutes 90% of the actual ride, and is going to look like this-

bnfi47957804791jkrfhgyig3t.jpg

BI7575765675765.jpg

I've said from the very beginning that this co-op crap is going to fill out the queue and parts of the exterior. But that we know the interior of the ride is supposed to diverge into a more traditional musical critter dark ride.

If it’s part of the queue and exterior its not just backstory though.

MerlinTheGoat

If it’s part of the queue and exterior its not just backstory though.
I'm simply addressing and correcting the claim that the co-op aspect of the story would dominate the entirety of the ride. The majority of the ride from what I understand is not going to actually be a preachy "yass queen, grow those crops with your democratized labor union" being screamed into your ear from every angle. It's going to largely be about musical critter bands.

The problem is that the marketing team behind this ride are morons. And if you think I like this backstory, you couldn't be more wrong. It's horrible. But there is a reason i'm not ready to throw the entire ride in the garbage just yet. Not until I see what they did to the interior. If they screw that part up, then it's all over.

Also, that wood fence mural is ugly.

mickEblu

I'm simply addressing and correcting the claim that the co-op aspect of the story would dominate the entirety of the ride. The majority of the ride is not going to actually be a preachy "yass queen, grow those crops with your democratized labor union" situation, it's going to largely be about musical critter bands.

The problem is that the marketing team behind this ride are morons. And if you think I like this backstory, you couldn't be more wrong. It's horrible. But there is a reason i'm not ready to throw the entire ride in the garbage just yet. Not until I see what they did to the interior. If they screw that part up, then it's all over.

Also, that wood fence mural is ugly.

The post you responded to only alluded to the fact that those elements aren’t being contained to just a backstory not that it’s going to dominate the ride. Anyway, I agree that it will be kept mostly to the queue and exterior which isn’t a great set up tbh. Nor is the plot of having to find a missing ingredient. At least the setting for the show scenes will be fine… I think. Who knows anymore? Like I said earlier I never once have thought that this ride might turn out garbage until today. I hit a new low between compounding effect of what’s been shown, the mural in the mill and reading that backstory.

Last edited:

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
You guys don’t get it. Pairing Beignets on a Tiana ride with Disneys filler theming (crates) is a no brainer.
Oh, I get it. Just sometimes don't agree with it and wish they'd try a little harder.
Crates and barrels seem to be Disney's solution for filling void areas. Quick and dirty set dressing. Sometimes it's a bit overdone but it is a simple way to say "theme". They do make for good filler. I don't know if that's the case here though, just an observation.

Imagineering could have just as easily "filled" those crates with "La Bouff's Granulated Cane Sugar" or some other typical food stuffs ingredient like flour.

Surely there's not a plot point of sending crates of beignets down the bayou?!

Brer Panther

Mural which will be seen in the left of the bottom of the second lift hill as we enter the mill house.

(From BlogMickey)View attachment 762016
The mill seems like a weird spot for a mural to me, but it looks... fine? Not bad. Better than the one on the barn. It reminds me of the illustrations they have in those Emeril cookbooks...
The primary marketing has been focusing on the backstory and that’s a mistake.
This.
The redeeming factor is that Louis will be the true star no matter what they do - Louis can do no wrong and will surely make me smile!
Yeah, I like Louis. Hopefully the storyline does Louis more justice than that original "dur hurr he's too stupid to find his trumpet" plotline.

Ayla

Please take your whining to this thread.

This thread is for construction updates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom