News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

SpectreJordan

The screens don't really add much to Cosmic Rewind, though. People don't love the ride because of them.

They've done a good job using screens as a supplement in Rise and Na'vi River Journey, though, and obviously Flight of Passage is excellent, as you mentioned.
Outside of the portal effects (great use of screens there), I agree. But I can see the suits thinking the screens are apart of why it's so beloved.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Honestly after looking around the area over the past week, there's not much difference on the exterior of the attraction nor does the mural really stick out. So far it's just a bunch of superficial window dressing. Place making hasn't changed its ambiance one bit.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

It's currently not known, and construction hasn't seemed to really touch this area yet.

With talks of beignet smells being pumped into the queue, it's rumored this spot might have beignets, but nothing is confirmed as of yet.
It should be a store again. Splash Mountain's only store being the Splashdown Photos area hindered it from selling a good amount of ride-exclusive merch as well as hindering foot traffic from becoming too unbearable around the area. They can put a beignet cart on the side if they want to.

MerlinTheGoat

No work has been done thus far on the Briar Patch gift shop, and I have no idea what they plan to do with it. If anything at all. It even still has the briars sticking out.

I don't think Tiana is a big merch pusher either. Though there are some people at Disney who haven't put any further thought into it other than princess=profit. I've almost never seen any kids wearing her dress. We even saw several black kids dressed up as Belle and other princesses during our last several visits (though not Ariel either ironically). We'll see if the ride changes that.

I'd bet Louis is probably a bigger merch pusher than any other character though. Facilier as well, but I dunno if they'll even have anything for him, plus he's not in the ride. Maybe some of the new original critters will have plushies...

Fox&Hound

I have no doubt the new critters will have stuffed animals akin to how Disney pushed Chubie the little yellow bird on Mickey’s runaway railway.

Fox&Hound

I have no doubt the new critters will have stuffed animals akin to how Disney pushed Chubie the little yellow bird on Mickey’s runaway railway.

_caleb

It'd be weird if it wasn't still a store, seeing as one of the reasons this retheme was greenlit is apparently because Tiana merchandise sells really well.
Disney never said this was one of the reasons. It was just fan speculation.
Tiana is one of those princesses whose merchandise ends up at the outlets a lot. Maybe the company is thinking this ride will make her more popular.
I’d encourage you to think about this post from a different perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:

MagicHappens1971

Tiana is one of those princesses whose merchandise ends up at the outlets a lot. Maybe the company is thinking this ride will make her more popular.
Tiana is a “Disney Princess”, more Tiana = more Disney Princess exposure. It’s a franchise. I also imagine they will as others mentioned have plushies of the animals from the attractions

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom