News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

splah

I can't think of any reason why this ride would need any more of a portal or threshold than Splash Mountain had.
splash's exterior was already stylized with giant briars. we already suspend reality at the exterior. after the first lift and loop around the top that is further conveyed with the critters' homes.

we just saw a 1920s crane and crates be lifted up to that same loop. so they're not using that unseen from the ground space as the start of a transition. it's all still grounded in the reality of manufacturing and industrial equipment.

tanc

I wonder what the budget of this project is. If they're potentially releasing early, it makes me wonder if they are meticulously considering every change they make. The pressure is probably on due to not having a queue hog of a ride. I can't even imagine how long the line will be for this when it opens.

yensidtlaw1969

splash's exterior was already stylized with giant briars. we already suspend reality at the exterior. after the first lift and loop around the top that is further conveyed with the critters' homes.

we just saw a 1920s crane and crates be lifted up to that same loop. so they're not using that unseen from the ground space as the start of a transition. it's all still grounded in the reality of manufacturing and industrial equipment.
Seems like a lot of assumptions being made here.

I don't buy the argument that Splash Mountain's exterior was significantly more stylized than Tiana's Bayou Adventure. Especially when you need only go back one page in this thread to find people complaining that it's somehow too stylized to fit in The Magic Kingdom.

splah

Seems like a lot of assumptions being made here.

I don't buy the argument that Splash Mountain's exterior was significantly more stylized than Tiana's Bayou Adventure. Especially when you need only go back one page in this thread to find people complaining that it's somehow too stylized to fit in The Magic Kingdom.
I’m not saying splash exterior was a full cartoon. But it hinted at something fantastical and it slowly built more stylized before dropping into the show building.

From the set pieces we’ve seen placed so far it’s all real world things. I’m just wondering how they blend instrument playing animals with a fully grounded in the real world exterior

Incomudro

I’m not saying splash exterior was a full cartoon. But it hinted at something fantastical and it slowly built more stylized before dropping into the show building.

From the set pieces we’ve seen placed so far it’s all real world things. I’m just wondering how they blend instrument playing animals with a fully grounded in the real world exterior
I don't think that's a problem.
It's done in movies all the time, so why not a ride?
Matter of fact it was done in Princess and the Frog.

_caleb

I think this is a good question. I’ve been interested in this for a while, so I started another thread to discuss how Disney represents animated characters and settings in the real world.

I think TBA is going to be a real-world take on the style of the new D+ series, which itself seems like it might be a bit different than the style of PaTF.

TrainsOfDisney

I think TBA is going to be a real-world take on the style of the new D+ series, which itself seems like it might be a bit different than the style of PaTF.
That’s a good point. Current Disney is all about making things current (galaxies edge, runaway railway, etc.) instead of what guests might expect and desire.

SplashJacket

IMG_8241.jpeg
IMG_8242.jpeg
IMG_8243.jpeg

plutofan15

My favorite part of this thread is when people the same people become art experts one page and expert architects on another then expert historians or whatever.
You will find experts here on everything Disney who are far more knowledgeable than any person who works for the company. The wealth of expertise on this forum is staggering. The WDC is flat out foolish for not hiring these people.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

I think ALL artists are talented. But art is very subjective. I’m sure this artist is talented and if these murals were on display at art of Disney I would say “oh those are fun!”

On the side of a barn that may or may not be part of a co-op? I’m not sure. I don’t get what they are going for. Co-op, modern mural, grocery store signs, factory gears, tiaras on water towers in swamps, salt mounds, many of these items confuse and contradict the story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom