News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Smiley/OCD

Crates and barrels seem to be Disney's solution for filling void areas. Quick and dirty set dressing. Sometimes it's a bit overdone but it is a simple way to say "theme". They do make for good filler. I don't know if that's the case here though, just an observation.
The crates are filled with empty salt shakers and we all know what’s in those barrels…

retr0gate

I don't know what you expect, pretty much everything regarding this retheme has and will continue to be heavily scrutinized.
As it should be. There is definitely room for criticism here. The problem is that it's delegitimized by people making the same jokes every time the words "salt mine" or "co-op" are mentioned. Not that things cant' be lighthearted, but it does take away from thoughtful discussion when the same joke has already been made numerous times already. It adds nothing to the conversation.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

As it should be. There is definitely room for criticism here. The problem is that it's delegitimized by people making the same jokes every time the words "salt mine" or "co-op" are mentioned. Not that things cant' be lighthearted, but it does take away from thoughtful discussion when the same joke has already been made numerous times already. It adds nothing to the conversation.
As much as I find the salt mine jokes funny, I feel like there's only so many you can make before you eventually run out of material. It's probably the absurdity of changing a hill into a salt mine that's prompted so many of these jokes to begin with.

Tha Realest

I don't know what you expect, pretty much everything regarding this retheme has and will continue to be heavily scrutinized.
It can’t escape the comparisons to what came before it. Given its keeping the same core ride track and implicit in their messaging they’re improving on this experience, it shouldn’t escape those comparisons.

If Disney came out today and said they’re updating Raiders of the Lost Ark for modern audiences, people would compare the new one to the older one. It’s only natural. It doesn’t help that what’s been previewed thus far seems silly.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Photos from today.

IMG_8660.jpeg
IMG_8655.jpeg
IMG_8663.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom