News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Incomudro

I don't like the Tiana mural, but it's deliberately crude, because it's supposed to look like it was done by the people that work for her company, and not by a skilled artist.

James Alucobond

Wait…. Are we not allowed to talk about salt domes? The actual inspiration for this thing? Not trying to be argumentative but that seems odd.
I’m sure you can discuss them relative to the look of what is being constructed since this is the construction update thread, but IIRC, a lot of what got pruned amounted to rhetoricals where the undercurrent was a generalized questioning of the existence of the entire project.

ToTBellHop

I'm going to double down: the latest pictures confirm my sense that the retheme is not reducing the effect of height.
Yeah, I think the outside will look great. Still need to hear (a lot) more on the inside of the ride but I’m cautiously optimistic. They obviously know this needs to be a home run and have budgeted well. The Imagineers just need to pull it off.

LittleBuford

I don't like the Tiana mural, but it's deliberately crude, because it's supposed to look like it was done by the people that work for her company, and not by a skilled artist.
I don't think it's supposed to look crude; it's consistent with the artist's own style.

At any rate, I'm beginning to view it less as an extension of the theming than as a reference to the ride itself. Sort of like Splash Mountain's own queue artwork, which clearly wasn't in a style appropriate to Reconstruction Georgia or the aesthetics of Frontierland:

Splash-Mountain_Full_50025.jpg

Incomudro

I don't think it's supposed to look crude; it's consistent with the artist's own style.

At any rate, I'm beginning to view it less as an extension of the theming than as a reference to the ride itself. Sort of like Splash Mountain's own queue artwork, which clearly wasn't in a style appropriate to Reconstruction Georgia or the aesthetics of Frontierland:

Splash-Mountain_Full_50025.jpg
Crude in the sense that the art is supposed to look like it's the work of a community of people.
A grass roots type of thing, and not the work of a single skilled artist.
The artist was chosen because her work conveys the look they were going for.

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I’m sure you can discuss them relative to the look of what is being constructed since this is the construction update thread, but IIRC, a lot of what got pruned amounted to rhetoricals where the undercurrent was a generalized questioning of the existence of the entire project.

Pshaw, no one mines for salt, you just pick it up at the store like everyone else... just like fresh mudbugs they grow behind each market!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom