News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Dear Prudence

OLC also has no problem maintaining the attractions at Tokyo Disneyland but somehow the largest media company on earth can’t afford upkeep that they used to do up to the 1990s
🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️

This.

AND I think it's more than some cultural differences between the two countries; Americans in particular will just accept rock bottom and act like anyone who says anything else is being a whiny malcontent. I see so many people in this space alone make excuses and simp for Disney--like they aren't the largest media Megazord in the world and don't have more money than God.

In re: Japanese culture is more communal and thoughtful of others as a whole (and this is not to infantilize, romanticize, or over-simplify). There are fewer trash cans throughout the parks, because the culture is to pack up your own trash. I think the stereotype of strong-armed uniformity in Japan is wholly off-base, but I will say that the culture is more mindful and does consider the experiences of others, especially in public spaces. You could not have a run down park of any kind in Japan. Even buildings that are very old (and I am not even talking about the temples) are maintained to the best of their ability.

Also Efteling which has a fraction of the budget and brand recognition outclasses the US Disney parks by leaps and bounds.

I think there is a misconception about Disney fans, especially in spaces like this, where people falsely assume that any complaints are just malcontent entitlement, and I wholly disagree; we pay a premium for a service, so give it to us. You make enough money, so where is it all going? Stop sending influencers on vacations and pay for park maintenance. Stop giving us trash and expecting everyone to just fall all over themselves over it.

Kirby86

If it's like the Marvel contract it proably states OLC parks have to be held to Industry standards. Japan just seems to want to go above and beyond what current Disney wants to do.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Photos from today - looks like the weathervane has been removed from the queue barn.

IMG_7345.jpeg
IMG_7343.jpeg
IMG_7337.jpeg
IMG_7341.jpeg

IMG_7322.jpeg
IMG_7326.jpeg
IMG_7329.jpeg
IMG_7330.jpeg

LittleBuford

One of the big YouTubers got confirmation that it was. Even if it's true, which it might have been, no one is aligned in this company anymore.
Keeping it would have made no sense, though. I don’t think its removal tells us anything about the company’s internal dynamics. It was always going to go, regardless of what some YouTuber may have said.

Brian

Keeping it would have made no sense, though. I don’t think its removal tells us anything about the company’s internal dynamics. It was always going to go, regardless of what some YouTuber may have said.
Keeping it would have been the cheapest option, as well as leaving a small nod to the original attraction in place for fans, as well as having a cute little rabbit weathervane for the average MK guest who doesn't know who B'rer Rabbit is. Not to mention that it really would not clash with the theming of the attraction, though given recent design choices, I don't think that's a concern these days.

Fox&Hound

I only take exception with the "Frozen didn't fix Maelstrom's brevity" critique.

While it isn't THAT much longer, it does have added show space that Maelstrom did not have.

Frozen is roughly 1 extra minute from start to finish based on reviewing a few videos ... or a 5 minute ride vs a 4 minute ride.

Now critique of the art direction / set design / AA's is another thing, but I don't personally think Frozen is a short attraction, the ride time is decent for an attraction of this scale.

But it perhaps can still feel brief, which may be a result of Disney shoehorning the ride into a layout/ride type that doesn't particularly work for the story.

But it's a more complete experience than Maelstrom was.

Wow, watching this I don’t see why people hate on Frozen. It is so much better in every way!

LittleBuford

Keeping it would have been the cheapest option, as well as leaving a small nod to the original attraction in place for fans, as well as having a cute little rabbit weathervane for the average MK guest who doesn't know who B'rer Rabbit is. Not to mention that it really would not clash with the theming of the attraction, though given recent design choices, I don't think that's a concern these days.
Keeping a recognisable silhouette of Br’er Rabbit on a ride whose goal is to move totally away from that particular IP never seemed remotely possible to me, let alone likely.

Brian

Keeping a recognisable silhouette of Br’er Rabbit on a ride whose goal is to move totally away from that particular IP never seemed remotely possible to me, let alone likely.
I never thought it was likely, just that it would have been nice for the aforementioned reasons. Wishful thinking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom