News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Tha Realest

but that’s how you known it’s authentic! Pack them Beignets into crates and ship them down river from the salt mine just like they do in the real New Orleans!
Disney: Here’s all the painstaking work we’re putting in to make this attraction lived in and authentic…

Fans: Umm…a lot of your story and design choices seem incongruent with the time and place setting….

Disney: Oh stop being pedantic

Drdcm

The big red flag for me is the sparse information on the actual ride itself. The interior show scenes have always been the real meat and potatoes of the experience that separates it from the vast majority of other log flumes. And we know so absurdly little about this. I don't know if it's because they want to keep it a surprise, or if there are quality concerns causing them to withhold information. Either way, the marketing has been bizarre and terrible, actually turning off a lot more people than had they just kept quiet until opening.

They need to start showing off actual ride content that people actually want to hear about. Stop the endless travel vlogs of the team visiting New Orleans and self aggrandizing over how incredible and talented they are. Or the never ending flood of backstory details that probably (hopefully) won't even be a factor for like 99% of the ride.
I bet that’s what they’re going to “focus” on at D23. They’ll reveal one animatronic in an attempt to hype up the ride. I don’t expect anything else to be announced or revealed for the parks.

Eric Graham

Sorry, but I've been asleep for many of the past 200 pages. I have a question... Are they also building a Tiana's restaurant at Disney World also or is that only at Disney Land? Sorry for my ignorance.

MerlinTheGoat

I bet that’s what they’re going to “focus” on at D23. They’ll reveal one animatronic in an attempt to hype up the ride. I don’t expect anything else to be announced or revealed for the parks.
I don't know what they'll do for Destination D (which incidentally is not the "proper" D23 and is usually very light on major announcements). But I could imagine they might share a few new details about the ride. Possibly.

Sorry, but I've been asleep for many of the past 200 pages. I have a question... Are they also building a Tiana's restaurant at Disney World also or is that only at Disney Land? Sorry for my ignorance.
Nothing official for now. There are rumors (ones that I myself have heard are possible) that at some point in the future, the Pecos Bill corner might be transformed into a small New Orleans section. Including retheming Pecos Bills to a Tiana restaurant. But if they do it, it seems like it will happen after the ride's opening.

tanc

Hoping for some good update from D23, pressure is on from the public and the fact that the best ever made Splash is still in the half way across the world. If they somehow under deliver, it will be a monumental disappointment and I don't see anyway Disney will let that happen. At the end of the day, older people are not the target audience so I also think Disney may think of this as a win lose situation regardless, but who knows. I just hope it's a suitable replacement and they do their best.

AEfx

They need to start showing off actual ride content that people actually want to hear about. Stop the endless travel vlogs of the team visiting New Orleans and self aggrandizing over how incredible and talented they are. Or the never ending flood of backstory details that probably (hopefully) won't even be a factor for like 99% of the ride.
It kind of reminds me about when they were building EE, and there were no less than 3 different television specials about it, including one where they showed all the massive amounts of time and money they spent filling the queue with all the "authentic" junk. Then the attraction opens, it turns out nearly all of the interior theming was gutted, and the big centerpiece of the attraction didn't work right and nearly 20 years later still doesn't.

EPCOTCenterLover

If they create a mini New Orleans Square around Tiana's Bayou Adventure, the mural can fit just fine. But it will take them 7 years or so to convert old buildings to a new look and building a couple of new ones.

celluloid

It kind of reminds me about when they were building EE, and there were no less than 3 different television specials about it, including one where they showed all the massive amounts of time and money they spent filling the queue with all the "authentic" junk. Then the attraction opens, it turns out nearly all of the interior theming was gutted, and the big centerpiece of the attraction didn't work right and nearly 20 years later still doesn't.

The difference is we got an original IP from the minds of theme park designers from it that seem to fit where nothing was before. Post 2005 and management is the reason the interior queue is lessened to its extreme and the big guy still never has a decent solution.

This thread's example of an attraction is a redo, and is already at a bit of a deficit.

Again as others have stated, this is all supposed to synergize with the Disney Plus show, and the Hollywood strike has put a bit of a kibosh on that happening this year or early next year.

Tha Realest

The difference is we got an original IP from the minds of theme park designers from it that seem to fit where nothing was before. Post 2005 and management is the reason the interior queue is lessened to its extreme and the big guy still never has a decent solution.

This thread's example of an attraction is a redo, and is already at a bit of a deficit.

Again as others have stated, this is all supposed to synergize with the Disney Plus show, and the Hollywood strike has put a bit of a kibosh on that happening this year or early next year.
This is likely a very expensive show as well - it’s produced by the feature animation studio, not the TV one. I wonder if the solvency of that makes any sense, given how quickly other streamers have abandoned animated series (suggesting they don’t draw the eyeballs other series do).

celluloid

This is likely a very expensive show as well - it’s produced by the feature animation studio, not the TV one. I wonder if the solvency of that makes any sense, given how quickly other streamers have abandoned animated series (suggesting they don’t draw the eyeballs other series do).

Let's look at it this way, it is not likely to get any cheaper after the strike ends. ;-)

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
That would be good. I'm not really a fan of Pecos Bill anyway. Thank you! :)
If they don't do this, WDW will continue to get the short end of the stick as it always does. Why can't they just put the same level of effort into both coasts for once?

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom