News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Drdcm

Boat rides (not 4 person max capacity boats) and Omni movers. Make more rides like this. Make people eaters.

The thing this flume will have going for it is the number of logs available. As long as they have a similar capacity to the past ride vehicle.

Kirby86

Boat rides (not 4 person max capacity boats) and Omni movers. Make more rides like this. Make people eaters.

The thing this flume will have going for it is the number of logs available. As long as they have a similar capacity to the past ride vehicle.
Yeah I'm assuming the logs will still be able to fit 6 for Disneyland and 8 for Magic Kingdom so that capacity should be similar unless Disney announces they will remove a few logs.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
20230814_165348.jpg

dcee6084-a444-415a-b0c9-ca7000cb749c.jpg
20230814_165550.jpg

yensidtlaw1969

It was tailor made for Disneyland with no thought of how it'd fit into WDW. They're building Latino and Villain land anyway, Frontierland will soon be a thing of the past.
That's blatantly false - the retheme was created with both parks in mind (and Tokyo, for that matter).

There's no legitimate reason to believe Frontierland is going anywhere. No more than when Splash Mountain brought the red hills of Georgia to it, anyway.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
That's blatantly false - the retheme was created with both parks in mind (and Tokyo, for that matter).

There's no legitimate reason to believe Frontierland is going anywhere. No more than when Splash Mountain brought the red hills of Georgia to it, anyway.
Really? Because most of the show-scenes match up better with Disneyland?
I could conceivably believe (and I'm NOT a conspiracy theorist) that this attraction was initially proposed (pre-2020) as a Disneyland exclusive, in the same vein as GotG:MB. The two rides are not identical, from the number of scenes to the speed at which you pass them. I said this years ago: there is bound to be something found in one ride that isn't found in the other (and, depending on their attention to detail, blank gaps in one that aren't in the other).

But what I think is more probably true is that the WDW version nearly got cut if it hadn't been for the cancellation of Play! and other things that didn't happen. The funding for those cancelled attractions got funneled into WDW's version, which would have otherwise depended on funding from OLC's Tokyo version—and that, despite Disney's wishes, did not happen.

MerlinTheGoat

The retheme was/is definitely custom made for Disneyland, with the WDW variant having been an afterthought at best. I don't even know if they considered cloning it at WDW prior to the event prompting a rushed announcement. It might have been in the back of their minds, but the motivation to change the DL variant was stronger. It's extremely apparent that no consideration was given to its placement at WDW.

Critter Country is literally right on the border of New Orleans Square. It also helps that their version of Splash already takes place in a swamp. For all of the arguments about Splash's position in Frontierland, the ride itself was still modified considerably to help it fit in with the existing Frontierland without having to alter the surrounding land. In fact, the alterations in this case made it more faithful to the original film. The red clay on the facade, the interior changes to remove the swampy environment in favor of a sunny countryside, or the shift to a bluegrass flavored soundtrack away from jazz. No such changes are being made to Tiana by comparison. It's going to be a jazzy princess fairy tale ride through a swamp, plopped into an area without any rhyme or reason.

If Tiana is made to fit better in the area it's occupying at WDW, it will be the area itself that will require alteration. Rumors exist that the Pecos Bill corner and surrounding area could be rethemed to a New Orleans miniland. This is still up in the air AFAIK, but I have also heard of the existence of this proposal. At the very least, I think Pecos Bills itself will eventually become a Tiana restaurant. Country Bears at least in its current form is also a potential candidate for alteration/replacement in the future, it's considered dated and problematic from some at the company. Based on the artwork for Beyond Big Thunder, Tom Sawyer's Island and the western/northern chunk of Rivers of America are likely to be demolished. So if the Riverboat isn't removed outright, at the very least it'll probably be permanently docked in Liberty Square. Frontierland is already diminished by Tiana, but if the other rumors pan out then it will be reduced even moreso to where almost nothing will be left other than Big Thunder itself.

yensidtlaw1969

Y'all can feel all you want that they're not making enough effort at genuine placemaking in Frontierland to account for Tiana's Bayou Adventure. I would agree that I would like to see more on that front than what we've seen so far.

It does not change the fact that the intention was always for Tiana's Bayou Adventure to replace Splash at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World (and, as I said, Tokyo).

There's so much random speculation in this thread being bandied about as fact.

Vegas Disney Fan

Y'all can feel all you want that they're not making enough effort at genuine placemaking in Frontierland to account for Tiana's Bayou Adventure. I would agree that I would like to see more on that front than what we've seen so far.

It does not change the fact that the intention was always for Tiana's Bayou Adventure to replace Splash at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World (and, as I said, Tokyo).

Would you care to share the link to the source that proves this is a fact?

As you said we’ve all been speculating, primarily because as far as I know it’s never been reported either way, if you can provide the link we can instantly end the speculation.

Drdcm

How do you know this? I’m not arguing with you, but genuinely wondering why ppl should listen to you on this

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom