News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Smiley/OCD

If there is an NDA, my guess is he probably didn't violate it. Depends on the terms of course. I would imagine it was something like "don't reveal anything about the new ride" and MAYBE "don't offer negative criticism of the new ride". Tony is clearly a smart man though, and he was very careful about what he said on there. He made it clear that he's not happy that Splash was removed, but the full extent of what he said about the retheme was "I hope it turns out well". What can they reasonably do to punish him for that? Like yeah, we can tell he's not happy with it, but legally speaking that's going to cause Disney problems if they mess with him over it. If anything, Tony can cause Disney a ton of PR trouble by making his unfiltered opinions on the retheme public instead.

The actual "conspiracy theory" in this situation was that Tony Baxter was involved with and happy about the retheme. Might be time to join me in admitting a mistake instead of digging further antagonizing people who turns out had good reason to be concerned. I'm humble enough to apologize and admit I was wrong, are you?
If he didn’t sign an NDA, I can’t wait for the book…

Midwest Elitist

If you think he said anything positive about the new ride, you didn't watch the interview. Tony's extremely brief comment about the new ride was that he hopes the team behind Tiana are taking into consideration how the new scenes they create will interact with the existing ride system. Particularly the big drop. Even in a vacuum, that comment is one of concern, not a positive one. The broader context was Tony previously explaining how they played up the fear of the big drop during the ride, including a lengthy discussion about the psychology of the final lift. These are the same concerns many of us here have been expressing as well.

If he had anything good to say about the ride, he'd have simply and clearly said so. The fact that he didn't even provide a generic "I think the retheme stands to be a quality attraction on its own" is very telling. He instead concluded with a word of warning/concern. As it stands, we already know from what Disney has revealed about the final lift that his warning is being ignored. And i'm sure he knows a lot more about the project than any of us do.

If you still want to believe the team working on the ride will turn in a quality ride, then that's fine. I hope they prove us all wrong and do exactly that, because who wants the ride to be bad? But continuing to cling onto the idea that Tony is involved and positive about the project is ludicrous. Even my own source no longer believes this (and for what little it may be worth, last exchange we had, they also still believe the ride will be good in spite of this). I've admitted i'm wrong, it's time for everyone else who still clings onto this to do the same and move on.
A while back one of the sources I know (a few people here as well) actually met Tony at Disneyland and he was disappointed about the retheme even then. Out of respect, I never shared who it was (photographic evidence). And to be fair, I think most of us here now have access to insiders, at various levels of the company.

Also, this isn't to you, but a general statement for some: stop trying to turn the negative statements from people into positives. Anyone not huffing pixie dust can see right through it. Being genuine is such a rarity these days.

tanc

That's some huge info to leak out of Baxter honestly, I mean I can't imagine the mouse is happy at all once they find out he disclosed that.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Photos from today.

IMG_5967.jpeg
IMG_5970.jpeg
IMG_5969.jpeg
IMG_5987.jpeg
IMG_5975.jpeg
IMG_5978.jpeg
IMG_5981.jpeg

yensidtlaw1969

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Tiana's Scaffolding Adventure.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Disney Unveils an Exciting Journey: Splash Mountain to be Reimagined as "Chutes and Ladders" Board Game Adventure!

In a surprising and innovative move, The Walt Disney Company is thrilled to announce a captivating new direction for one of its beloved attractions. After careful consideration and creative exploration, Splash Mountain will not be rethemed to "Disney's Princess and the Frog," as previously announced. Instead, Disney is embarking on a groundbreaking adventure by reimagining Splash Mountain as an immersive experience based on the iconic "Chutes and Ladders" board game.

Inspired by the timeless and cherished game loved by families for generations, "Chutes and Ladders: The Splash Mountain Adventure" will invite guests to step into a whimsical world of ups and downs, surprises, and challenges. The attraction will take riders on a dynamic journey where they'll encounter thrilling chutes that send them spiraling downward and exhilarating ladders that propel them to new heights of excitement.

"We are constantly exploring ways to create magical experiences that resonate with our guests, and 'Chutes and Ladders: The Splash Mountain Adventure' allows us to do just that," said [Spokesperson's Name], [Spokesperson's Title] at Disney. "The synergy between the nostalgia of the 'Chutes and Ladders' game and the immersive storytelling Disney is known for will undoubtedly create an unforgettable experience for guests of all ages."

The reimagined attraction will feature state-of-the-art technology, intricate set design, and captivating storytelling that seamlessly merges the whimsy of the "Chutes and Ladders" game with the magic of Disney. Guests will embark on a multi-sensory journey where they'll navigate through vibrant landscapes, overcome obstacles, and embrace the thrill of the unexpected twists and turns.

As part of this exciting transformation, Disney Imagineers will work tirelessly to incorporate beloved elements of the original Splash Mountain while infusing the charm and nostalgia of "Chutes and Ladders." The result promises to be a unique and enchanting experience that captures the essence of both worlds.

Construction on "Chutes and Ladders: The Splash Mountain Adventure" is set to begin [Start Date], and Disney fans can look forward to embarking on this new adventure in [Target Opening Date]. Further details about the attraction's storyline, characters, and innovative features will be revealed in the coming months.

While the reimagining of Splash Mountain into "Chutes and Ladders: The Splash Mountain Adventure" marks a departure from the previous plan, Disney is confident that this unexpected twist will resonate with fans and create cherished memories for generations to come.

For the latest updates and announcements, please visit the official Disney website or ChatGPT.

About The Walt Disney Company:The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international entertainment and media enterprise. It is known for its timeless stories and beloved characters that continue to capture the hearts of audiences worldwide.

End of Press Release

Splash4eva

Definitely not something Tony would say if he's involved with the replacement. So i'm sorry about that claim and I retract it, disappointing but not surprising.

For what it's worth, I ran this by my source, and they said they were probably given old information. They also still think the retheme is going to be great, Tony being involved or not. I don't think they're attempting to deceive here. Again, they're not remotely a fan of the modern Disney company or the decision to retheme. And several of their other claims have been proven accurate, such as the new characters, being a more physical ride with animatronics and having a higher budget than it started with. But you have to be wary of things changing during development along with taking subjective stuff that you can't see/hear first hand with a grain of salt.

I'll also reiterate another thing i've personally stated from the start (despite what else i've said)- Disney does not deserve the benefit of the doubt that they'll create something decent here. And you should not give them it. It's their responsibility to prove people wrong. It's infinitely more likely that they'll ruin it, and it'll take a miracle if they get even remotely close to Splash quality. The only hint of hope I have right now is that some of the art looks nice. But as anyone with even a single brain cell can tell you, art can be deceptive. Especially if it's old. There's no telling when the art shown last year was created, whether it'll be accurate to the ride, or whether its indicative of the other scenes.

If Charita Carter and Carmen Smith are truly calling all the shots and heavily involved in the creative process of the ride itself, then be very afraid. Again it's critical to reiterate that neither are creatives. In fact, their career histories are typically associated with the suppression of creativity. Carter is an accountant and Smith managed diversity quotas for TV programming. I'll leave it at that, as anything else will probably get me in trouble (and possibly cause people to make incorrect assumptions about what I personally believe). The possible silver lining is that there are tons of other people actually designing and building the ride. And much of the backstory nonsense Carter and Smith have been trotting out in their videos seems unrelated to the the actual ride contents. Still, not having competent creatives at the head of the project was/is extremely concerning.

Incidentally, Tony not only defended Splash Mountain, but also the film it was based on. And as polite as he was about the matter, he stated sensitivity has gotten completely out of control. He's correct of course, though I hope no lunatics target him for harassment over these statements.
This decision to remove Splash may go down as one of their worst decisions ever made especially considering they needed capacity elsewhere and this could have been a nice addition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom