News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Brer Oswald

The physical sensation of the drop won't change. All that's changing is the percieved height of the structure around it.

The drop will be as thrilling as ever.
I mean, sure. But theme park attractions are more than just an experience of physical sensations. There’s a large visual component, and the appearance of the drop is supposed to draw thrill seekers in.

You don’t want to trick little kids into riding something too thrilling for them to handle, and you also don’t want thrill seekers scoffing at the size of the drop before they ride it.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member

preview.jpg

JustInTime

Did you not read my last sentence? It’s a log flume where one of the primary draws is the talk drop. It’s counterintuitive to downplay the height. Whether they consider it a mountain, a hill, or a salt dome really isn’t the part that matters.
It doesn’t matter. The impact of the drop is so quick that it’ll have the same impact. Might as well be arguing about paint colors at this point.

MerlinTheGoat

Definitely not something Tony would say if he's involved with the replacement. So i'm sorry about that claim and I retract it, disappointing but not surprising.

For what it's worth, I ran this by my source, and they said they were probably given old information. They also still think the retheme is going to be great, Tony being involved or not. I don't think they're attempting to deceive here. Again, they're not remotely a fan of the modern Disney company or the decision to retheme. And several of their other claims have been proven accurate, such as the new characters, being a more physical ride with animatronics and having a higher budget than it started with. But you have to be wary of things changing during development along with taking subjective stuff that you can't see/hear first hand with a grain of salt.

I'll also reiterate another thing i've personally stated from the start (despite what else i've said)- Disney does not deserve the benefit of the doubt that they'll create something decent here. And you should not give them it. It's their responsibility to prove people wrong. It's infinitely more likely that they'll ruin it, and it'll take a miracle if they get even remotely close to Splash quality. The only hint of hope I have right now is that some of the art looks nice. But as anyone with even a single brain cell can tell you, art can be deceptive. Especially if it's old. There's no telling when the art shown last year was created, whether it'll be accurate to the ride, or whether its indicative of the other scenes.

If Charita Carter and Carmen Smith are truly calling all the shots and heavily involved in the creative process of the ride itself, then be very afraid. Again it's critical to reiterate that neither are creatives. In fact, their career histories are typically associated with the suppression of creativity. Carter is an accountant and Smith managed diversity quotas for TV programming. I'll leave it at that, as anything else will probably get me in trouble (and possibly cause people to make incorrect assumptions about what I personally believe). The possible silver lining is that there are tons of other people actually designing and building the ride. And much of the backstory nonsense Carter and Smith have been trotting out in their videos seems unrelated to the the actual ride contents. Still, not having competent creatives at the head of the project was/is extremely concerning.

Incidentally, Tony not only defended Splash Mountain, but also the film it was based on. And as polite as he was about the matter, he stated sensitivity has gotten completely out of control. He's correct of course, though I hope no lunatics target him for harassment over these statements.

MerlinTheGoat

It doesn’t matter. The impact of the drop is so quick that it’ll have the same impact. Might as well be arguing about paint colors at this point.
The impact of the drop was never just about how it feels in a vacuum with eyes and ears closed. The scale of the mountain is now diminished significantly with the decapitation of the stump as well as installation of the water tower. The removal of the briar patch at the bottom also makes it far less threatening. And especially what they're doing to the final lift. As Tony explained in his interview, the lift was tremendously important to the impact of the drop.

Last edited:

harrisonm

Definitely not something Tony would say if he's involved with the replacement.
He was more likely in some sort of consulting role and gave notes. I don't see why they would still be keeping him on at this point when the plans are already finished w/ construction already progressing. I could be wrong though

Disstevefan1

He was more likely in some sort of consulting role and gave notes. I don't see why they would still be keeping him on at this point when the plans are already finished w/ construction already progressing. I could be wrong though
I have heard that they hire the old timers as consultants and they must sign non disclosure doc's.

They are getting paid to not say anything bad and/or tell the truth about new projects like Tiana's

MIGHT AS WELL TAKE THE MONEY! Disney's gonna do what Disney's gonna do anyway, might as well get paid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom