News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MerlinTheGoat

They released a render of what it might look like at night.

TIANA%27S+BAYOU+ADVENTURE+.jpg

The tower is lit with spotlights, but the tiara doesn't appear to have any lighting of its own as far as i can see. Unless it's an intermittent sparkling effect similar to the Tower of Terror's fiber optic queue sign. Still looks bad either way.

That said, I've noticed a difference that gives me some hesitation to assume this render is entirely accurate. The water tower has changed from this design. Firstly, the company label is entirely different. Instead of the simplistic text stamp they went with, it's a circular label with a water lily and sunbeam texture, with smaller text that curves around the graphic. It's a more stylized design that actually looked like a real brand label (shame as it actually did at least look better than what they went with)-

parsons-farms-produce-logo.png

The tiara is also noticeably different. The one in the render is more intricate and has flatter surfaces that pick up light better. It's more detailed, but to be honest both look really bad. I actually hope that the wiry one ends up being less visible at night.

Vegas Disney Fan

I’ve been rereading One Little Spark by Marty Sklar and the convoluted backstory of TBA seems to go against 4 of Mickeys 10 commandments…

1. Know your audience – Don’t bore people, talk down to them or lose them by assuming that they know what you know.

3. Organize the flow of people and ideas – Use good story telling techniques, tell good stories not lectures, lay out your exhibit with a clear logic.

6. Avoid overload – Resist the temptation to tell too much, to have too many objects, don’t force people to swallow more than they can digest, try to stimulate and provide guidance to those who want more.

7. Tell one story at a time – If you have a lot of information divide it into distinct, logical, organized stories, people can absorb and retain information more clearly if the path to the next concept is clear and logical.

You’d think Imagineering and the corporate offices would have some copies of their 10 commandments lying around to reference from time to time.

Sir_Cliff

You clearly haven’t spent time around DEI executives in corporate America.

Their response would be “We don’t need some old white male to “mansplain” to us about how to build attractions in 2023. Sklar is an example of the racist, mysoginist, culturally insensitive past that we are here to reject!”

And I only wish that was sarcasm or an exaggeration…..
Well, you did make up that comment.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

They released a render of what it might look like at night.

TIANA%27S+BAYOU+ADVENTURE+.jpg

The tower is lit with spotlights, but the tiara doesn't appear to have any lighting of its own as far as i can see. Unless it's an intermittent sparkling effect similar to the Tower of Terror's fiber optic queue sign. Still looks bad either way.
I'm really curious as to how they'll achieve the firefly look at night. Christmas lights? Projections?

aladdin2007

Excellent video!!, He certainly has an artistic passion and history for being so young and "gets it" from the art and design sense. Lets hope hes right about the reuse of things. Because so far we have heard "zippppp" about anyone with a passion for detail in this project, except for the bad backstory they keep pushing down everyone's throats.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’ve been rereading One Little Spark by Marty Sklar and the convoluted backstory of TBA seems to go against 4 of Mickeys 10 commandments…

1. Know your audience – Don’t bore people, talk down to them or lose them by assuming that they know what you know.

3. Organize the flow of people and ideas – Use good story telling techniques, tell good stories not lectures, lay out your exhibit with a clear logic.

6. Avoid overload – Resist the temptation to tell too much, to have too many objects, don’t force people to swallow more than they can digest, try to stimulate and provide guidance to those who want more.

7. Tell one story at a time – If you have a lot of information divide it into distinct, logical, organized stories, people can absorb and retain information more clearly if the path to the next concept is clear and logical.

You’d think Imagineering and the corporate offices would have some copies of their 10 commandments lying around to reference from time to time.
That's a pretty searing indictment if it applies to the finished product.

MerlinTheGoat

Excellent video!!, He certainly has an artistic passion and history for being so young and "gets it" from the art and design sense. Lets hope hes right about the reuse of things. Because so far we have heard "zippppp" about anyone with a passion for detail in this project, except for the bad backstory they keep pushing down everyone's throats.
tl;dr "I'm sure many of the AAs will be recycled/reskinned. Don't worry."
Some cool info and behind the scenes stuff in there, worth watching.

I hope he's right about the extensive reuse of the old figures. I don't know if he's speaking from direct knowledge about the plans for Tiana, or if he's just expressing hope and belief about what he thinks will happen. It seems like the implication is direct knowledge though, otherwise he would just be letting everyone down for no good reason. Given that he only recently quit his job as an imagineer, he probably also had access to information on the project. And given his passion for animatronics and love of Splash, it seems like he would go out of his way to gain information on the plans for Tiana.

I will say that his reasoning for why Disney might be recycling the figures doesn't really make much sense. He says that saving money is a factor. If Disney was looking to reduce costs here, it's more likely they wouldn't try to salvage the figures and would scrap them instead. AA's cost money to maintain, and old ones require restoration. There's a reason why Disney has moved away from building rides with tons of AA's over the past 30 years, as well as why they've removed a ton of their AA-rich classics. They're costly to maintain compared to emptier rides with video projection. Which again is what I understand they intended to do with Tiana back when it was first announced.

If SplashArchive ends up releasing the renders they claim to have proving their information, i'd still be interested in that side of the story. But as of now, it has been several weeks since they said they'd do so. So i'm taking it with a grain of salt due to what Royce is saying (and again what I was told prior). Time will tell who is right of course.

jmuboy

Sad to see that huge tree removed that was in the middle of the U turn section at the bottom of the big drop. Maybe to be replaced. But that seems odd to remove only to replace.

If also noticed cypress type trees in the areas flanking the drop in some art and scale models. Maybe faux trees to enhance the bayou feel of the final product.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom