News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

neo999955

In the Parks
No
But is Tiana's target audience younger children? I mean I know lots of toddlers like to imagine they are running an employee owned foods factory and co-op... I think the whole storyline is aimed at an older, not younger audience with the new storyline and entrepreneurial Community-leader/ manufactured Foods producer Tiana... seriously....

Well clearly they are playing to children younger than 4 1/2 years old... with all this supposing about salt domes and the proper geological features of a salt dome, and how high they can be...lol
None of this should matter to the attraction...It is a raised section of land....and 50' rise from sea level is not really that high ...

I often find myself having an opposite view as you, haha, but I completely agree here. I'm not sure I can get behind the idea that this attraction is any more young child focused than the previous version. Splash was focused around a cartoon rabbit and his singing animal friends. This ride adds a princess, but is otherwise the same water journey with singing animals.

I'm sure they considered the impact the tower would have on perspective, but I find it hard to believe the goal was to appeal to children even younger than before.

WorldExplorer

The problem of pulling in more younger guests gets brought up more less because people feel the previous subject matter was more mature, more because the current subject matter is actually something people know about.

No one (or at the very least, very, very few, and probably no children) was going on Splash Mountain FOR B'rer Rabbit. He was not meant as a draw. Whatever demographic liked him more was irrelevant.

They clearly want people to be attracted to this FOR Tiana, though. "You know this thing" is more what they lean on now. The demographics most likely to be interested in her or princesses matter more because they're trying to use them as a draw.

That's why people worry it might attract more kids that don't know what they're getting into. Not because of what they see when they get on. Because of whether or not it'll attract "oh, mommy, I wanna go on the one with Tiana!".

Epcot81Fan

The problem is that tiara-wearing princesses had little to do with the American frontier.
Nor with fictional employee owned food factories in 1930's New Orleans.

The fact that they do not even have the basic self-awareness to see the idiotic disconnect of having a massive symbol of royalty towering above an employee-owned business just shows how much they have lost the script.

Remember when WDI was once the standard bearer of theming and placemaking?

What a complete joke.

Disstevefan1

Good point. Is Tiana a tiara wearing princess or is she a businesswoman who created a co-op food business, or both?

I guess it does not matter. They needed to erase Splash, so they did whatever.

Disstevefan1

You have perfectly captured WDI's current strategic thematic vision.

2023 WDI: "Whatever."
WDWmissionWhatever.jpg

celluloid

Well clearly they are playing to children younger than 4 1/2 years old... with all this supposing about salt domes and the proper geological features of a salt dome, and how high they can be...lol
None of this should matter to the attraction...It is a raised section of land....and 50' rise from sea level is not really that high ...
They better lower that height requirement then. Which, they technically could with some adjustments.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom