Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Brer Panther

We know with Frog Mountain there's going to be that tree, and then there's also a boat embedded in the tree you missed. I'm curious what other changes we'll see.
They also might be painting it blue.
Removal most likely. But it wouldn't surprise me to see the barbs removed, painted and adorned in faux Spanish moss. Or they'll do nothing and just call them "prickers."
Maybe in the tunnel after the drop, they can add a sound clip of Louis shouting, "AAAAAAAAAAAAUGH! PRICKLER BUSHES GOT ME! GATOR DOWN! GATOR DOWN!"

BasiltheBatLord

No it’s not, you’ve been told that over and over. Trusted insiders said this was in the cards for years and had zero to do with twitter or any other social media
My understanding from what I've heard is that the concept was created years ago, but that it was dormant and not green lit until relatively recently.

I think you'd be a fool to think it wasn't a strategically announced when it was for political/virtue signaling reasons.

Brer Panther

No it’s not, you’ve been told that over and over. Trusted insiders said this was in the cards for years and had zero to do with twitter or any other social media
If it were any attraction other than the one based on Song of the South, you'd likely see that isn't the case. Even if they planned this for years, why would they announce it in the middle of a PANDEMIC?

PiratesMansion

If it were any attraction other than the one based on Song of the South, you'd likely see that isn't the case. Even if they planned this for years, why would they announce it in the middle of a PANDEMIC?
Changes can be planned years in advance, AND companies can (and do!) time their announcements when they feel it will be received most favorably.

Both can be true.

Brer Panther

Changes can be planned years in advance, AND companies can (and do!) time their announcements when they feel it will be received most favorably.

Both can be true.
But in the middle of a PANDEMIC? When they were losing money? Why would they announce it then if it wasn't because people online were demanding it?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
WDI explores the option of doing overlays to all their attractions as creative exercises but also to appease the higher-ups to show they are continuously "being creative" at their craft - to keep their job. An imagineer seeing their overlay concept selected is just a bonus. That's not always the case of course, but I still think this wasn't so much "planned" as it was just sketched and ultimately filed away and left there - until it wasn't. It wasn't planned years in advance. It just happened to be picked up.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
But in the middle of a PANDEMIC? When they were losing money? Why would they announce it then if it wasn't because people online were demanding it?
They announced it during that time because they wanted to.

The point is, this was planned by Disney in advance. No Twitter “mobs” encouraged/forced/influenced them to change Splash.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
First of all, you have no room to give me a hard time about repeating myself seeing as you and a bunch of other people on here have been repeating the exact same argument for why Splash Mountain should be rethemed.
You can be a fan of the ride and accept the reason it's being rethemed. The problem is that you keep insisting it was a reason it wasn't: Twitter and Freddy Chambers

PiratesMansion

We all know why they announced it then.

Unless, perhaps, you weren't paying any attention during the month of June to what was happening around the country (and world).

Something considerably bigger than one person on Twitter.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Nobody here really knows anything about the Splash Mountainouncement but yet here you all are preaching your Reason Why It Was Announced like it's some sort of religious belief and the Back and Forth over things you don't know rages on. This is directed at all of you. These are all theories.
No one’s preaching anything.

Do you have anything significant to contribute to the conversation or are you going to keep making sarcastic posts that don’t add a thing? This is so far directed only at you.

Brer Panther

We all know why they announced it then.

Unless, perhaps, you weren't paying any attention during the month of June to what was happening around the country (and world).
Yes, June was the month that Frederick Chambers posted his idea for a Splash Mountain retheme. I know what the country was like in June, but I doubt anyone would have started talking about Splash Mountain had Chambers not posted his idea.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Yes, June was the month that Frederick Chambers posted his idea for a Splash Mountain retheme. I know what the country was like in June, but I doubt anyone would have started talking about Splash Mountain had Chambers not posted his idea.
I think the more important part was the movement going on. There was a very very low chance Song of the South got out of that untouched. Heck, even some of Disney's most loved, Dumbo, Peter Pan.. went under the knife. I still don't see how you think Splash had much longer after that

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom