Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Disney Analyst

Looks like the area just past your first view of the first drop, I wonder if you’ll no longer be able to see that drop from above?

IMG_0798.png

2:22 -

Avastindy

From the photos that Fresh Baked posted, it looks like the straight away right after Slip n' Falls. Decided to go into google maps to see if the angles matched.

You can see the vine covered chimney in some of his shots, which makes me believe that Slip n' Falls is being covered.
Kind of odd that they would cover that portion going into the show building.
splash 1.png
splash 2.png
splash 3.png

D.Silentu

Interesting, it would be neat if the drop was the new entrance to the show building. I've always loved that moment on the Timber Mountain Log Ride.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Splash was daytime and relief on AA's. TBA maybe will start at night and involve more projection.

But if you happen to ride during the day the ride can’t truly start at night unless they cover the entire flume… and load area if they wanted to do it right. Plus we already have the ride of rides that starts at night in a bayou and it’s just two rides over.

mickEblu

With mansion closing and Splash closed it sort of made me delay my Disneyland trip until they are opened. Very surprised Disney is doing the Haunted Mansion project while this is still going on, some pretty big blows on the attraction end.

I forget. Has Disney announced that Mansion is closing for 8 months yet or is it still a rumor? It is kind of puzzling that they would choose to do this now especially during an era where they open lands/ attractions in phases. Maybe someone thought it would be wise to just bite the bullet and get the whole area done - Magnolia Park, train station facade, HM queue and Splash.

Anyway, those are two huge people eaters down. On the other hand maybe a lot of day guests will defer a visit until those attractions are up and running again? If I was paying for the day I certainly would. I’m predicting an extra slow summer at Disneyland.

Last edited:

mickEblu

I’ve always been a Disney nerd. Anybody old enough to remember the pre Internet days and having to call Disneyland to find out which attractions were closed? I remember calling as a kid and being so happy when none of the mountains, POTC or HM were closed.

Avastindy

I’ve always been a Disney nerd. Anybody old enough to remember the pre Internet days and having to call Disneyland to find out which attractions were closed? I remember calling as a kid and being so happy when none of the mountains, POTC or HM were closed.
I remember calling for showtimes back in the day. I still remember Otto too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom