Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Avastindy

Ah. I Guess that’s who/what I was calling. Just didn’t know the name.
Had to look up if i got the name right, and dug thru my map collection. Yeah he was still advertised in 2016.
Not sure if hes still active or not.
IMG_0435.jpg
IMG_0434.jpg

mickEblu

I agree 100 percent! Aladdin was my all time favorite show.
And nothing beats Soarin' over California!

Also miss the physical park maps. Was a neat memento of your trip to Disneyland.
My collection of park maps go all the way back to 1996, fun to see how the park evolves thru the years.

I think they still have them. They just don’t keep them at the turnstiles anymore.

Avastindy

Yeah at least as of 5 months ago. They just keep them by the stand by the left entry tunnel if I’m not mistaken
Oh wow, I learned something new. Thanks!

But to get the thread back on, Seeing as they are building a structure after the Slip n' Falls drop, are we to expect them to do the same at WDW's Splash Mountain??

mickEblu

What about what we’ve seen so far could possibly have led you to think this is a poor use of resources?

I’m sorry. I don’t have the energy to spell everything out for you. Even if you disagree, you should have the reasoning skills to understand how I came to that conclusion. I’m assuming you do and just want me to exercise my fingers for no reason.

_caleb

I’m sorry. I don’t have the energy to spell everything out for you. Even if you disagree, you should have the reasoning skills to understand how I came to that conclusion. I’m assuming you do and just want me to exercise my fingers for no reason.
No, I want you to post informed and reasonable opinions instead of second guessing everything you see with grumpy knee-jerk declarations before we even know what they’re doing.

mickEblu

No, I want you to post informed and reasonable opinions instead of second guessing everything you see with grumpy knee-jerk declarations before we even know what they’re doing.

Did I strike a nerve? Why do you care so much about what I say? Just saying you ve asked me a couple silly questions today and I don’t think they re genuine. So stop wasting my time. I’ll put the onus on you instead of typing out the obvious. Why do you think I might have said that?

_caleb

Did I strike a nerve? Why do you care so much about what I say? Just saying you ve asked me a couple silly questions today and I don’t think they re genuine. So stop wasting my time. I’ll put the onus on you instead of typing out the obvious. Why do you think I might have said that?
I’m wasting your time? I thought this was a discussion board, aren’t you here to discuss?

I have no idea what would motivate a grown adult to type, “seems like a waste of resources” as a response to seeing a photo of work being done on a ride as it’s updated in ways we know little about.

mickEblu

I’m wasting your time? I thought this was a discussion board, aren’t you here to discuss?

I have no idea what would motivate a grown adult to type, “seems like a waste of resources” as a response to seeing a photo of work being done on a ride as it’s updated in ways we know little about.

So this is a genuine question then? Because it didn’t sound like it before. First of all the word “seems” implies that I can’t be 100% sure. Disney is not exactly in the best financial shape right now and I’m sure this project is going to be expensive. It’s already going to be a lateral move at best with the exception of some more beignet sales and a little more merch sales as they already sell Tiana merch everywhere. They re spending a lot of money on a ride which is most likely going to be a lateral move with no increase in capacity. Anyway, seems to me that they could find better places to spend the money than building a tunnel into the first show building. Especially if the rumors are true that isn’t going to be as AA heavy as Splash Mountain. Disney spends 100s of thousands and millions for every little thing. In addition the drop into the show building is quick and is really one of the last places you need any show as the rider is still laughing, complaining about how wet they got etc. The drop and the thrill do all the heavy lifting there. Not to say it can’t work just don’t know it’s where any money needed to be spent. I can’t imagine a few seconds of projections where the rider is only half paying attention would be worth the cost but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

_caleb

So this is a genuine question then? Because it didn’t sound like it before. First of all the word “seems” implies that I can’t be 100% sure. Disney is not exactly in the best financial shape right now and I’m sure this project is going to be expensive. It’s already going to be a lateral move at best with the exception of some more beignet sales and a little more merch sales as they already sell Tiana merch everywhere. They re spending a lot of money for a ride for a most likely lateral move with no increase in capacity. Anyway, seems to me that they could find better places to spend the money than building a tunnel into the first show building. Especially if the rumors are true that isn’t going to be as AA heavy as Splash Mountain. Disney spends 100s of thousands and millions for every little thing. In addition the drop into the show building is quick and is really one of the last places you need any show as the rider is still laughing, complaining about how wet they got etc. The drop and the thrill do all the heavy lifting there. Not to say it can’t work just don’t know it’s where any money needed to be spent. I can’t imagine a few seconds of projections where the rider is only half paying attention would be worth the cost but I could be wrong.
Thanks for explaining your position. I appreciate it.

I can see your point. It’s been a long time since we’ve seen credible rumors about TBA being light on AAs; I think most recent rumors are that it will have many.

I know what you mean about that stretch of the flume going by quickly. I believe It’s possible they could slow things down for the DL version (though I hope not).

But if the story needs some element there to work well, I don’t think it will have been a poor use of resources to enclose it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom