Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Kirby86

If it's true which who knows if it is. They probably had him walk around with a head imagineer listen to the music and voice work while he was told what the scenes would be. Sort of like what the leads did during Splash Mountains last few days. As for it being boring who knows

CaptinEO

It's a rumor, to be clear. So it should be taken with a grain of salt. But the rumor was shared by Mickey Views, who I think is generally pretty trustworthy (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

Iger allegedly walked the attraction and declared, "This is really boring." This is (again, allegedly) according to an Imagineer. I loved Splash but I'm a supporter of this project and have been very pleased with the progress of the exterior of MK's version, but Iger's alleged verdict (which takes into account the interior) makes me concerned.
I like Mickey View's channel but he also had a rumor about how Lumionous at Epcot had all these issues with the score being completely reworked and how it would be delayed until 2024 but then it happened.

Again they're just rumors and he states it as much, so I just take them as rumors and not fact.

Homemade Imagineering

I like Mickey View's channel but he also had a rumor about how Lumionous at Epcot had all these issues with the score being completely reworked and how it would be delayed until 2024 but then it happened.

Again they're just rumors and he states it as much, so I just take them as rumors and not fact.
He also claims the attraction will feature a total number of 17 AAs which has been disproven by sources here multiple times and also Disney’s press release stating “dozens” of AAs

FerretAfros

Now if Iger did say it was “boring” I would have to assume that he has the capability of factoring in all the missing elements into his opinion. So if we give him that benefit of then doubt “boring” would most likely mean an absence of conflict or perhaps a little light on the whimsy/ fun.
You have a lot more confidence in Iger’s ability to picture a creative endeavor before it’s complete than I do. Everything we’ve seen from him during his tenure indicates he’s a very literal person without much imagination for how something undefined could be.

Just look at the types of projects that have been approved while he’s been in charge of the company: countless sequels, spin-offs, remakes, and other similarly reductive films and tv shows. It’s increasingly rare that anything truly “new” gets approved, and when it does it typically seems to be low-budget things that are quickly pushed to the side and forgotten.

Even when adapting existing properties into new experiences, we almost never see things that capture the spirit of a specific element and imagine from there (like Peter Pan’s Flight) or reimagine the property’s presentation entirely (like The Lion King on Broadway). Instead, we get very literal projects that just take things we already know and put them into a new format, with exceedingly little new or special added in the process (like DCA’s Carsland or the Frozen sing-along). Sure, these things may be executed with a lavish budget, but they rarely bring anything new to the table.

Even if his opinion of the walkthrough was truly leaked (which I sincerely doubt), I question putting too much weight into Iger’s interpretation at this point. He’s a painfully uncreative individual whose only real imaginative prowess to date seems to be “idk, more trees?”

Don’t get me wrong, very little of what’s been publicly released for this project inspires confidence that they’re going to get it right. I just don’t put much value to Bob Iger’s (alleged) understanding of how an unfinished project will turn out.

mickEblu

You have a lot more confidence in Iger’s ability to picture a creative endeavor before it’s complete than I do. Everything we’ve seen from him during his tenure indicates he’s a very literal person without much imagination for how something undefined could be.

Just look at the types of projects that have been approved while he’s been in charge of the company: countless sequels, spin-offs, remakes, and other similarly reductive films and tv shows. It’s increasingly rare that anything truly “new” gets approved, and when it does it typically seems to be low-budget things that are quickly pushed to the side and forgotten.

Even when adapting existing properties into new experiences, we almost never see things that capture the spirit of a specific element and imagine from there (like Peter Pan’s Flight) or reimagine the property’s presentation entirely (like The Lion King on Broadway). Instead, we get very literal projects that just take things we already know and put them into a new format, with exceedingly little new or special added in the process (like DCA’s Carsland or the Frozen sing-along). Sure, these things may be executed with a lavish budget, but they rarely bring anything new to the table.

Even if his opinion of the walkthrough was truly leaked (which I sincerely doubt), I question putting too much weight into Iger’s interpretation at this point. He’s a painfully uncreative individual whose only real imaginative prowess to date seems to be “idk, more trees?”

Don’t get me wrong, very little of what’s been publicly released for this project inspires confidence that they’re going to get it right. I just don’t put much value to Bob Iger’s (alleged) understanding of how an unfinished project will turn out.

Im not a huge fan of his but I also can’t pretend that I know the extent of Igers involvement with the projects listed above. Seems like he will champion or greelight anything that he believes will make money. Not sure how involved he is after that. Also not sure how those projects prove that he’s too dumb to understand he’s walking through a flume with no water, limited scenery etc. I have to imagine they filled in the blanks with imagineer flair as he walked through. I also think that there may be a little more installed than we think or why bother have the CEO walking through in the first place especially if he doesn’t have the imagination to put it together? So if he did walk through there and did say it was “boring” I think it’s a bad sign. But who knows?

What if he already made up his mind that it was “boring” before he even stepped in there? Due to the backstories, feedback and what he knows about the attraction. Maybe someone is in his ear? Due to the unique and high profile nature of this retheme, I imagine he knows exactly why Facilier isn’t being included for example. What if that’s his way of subtlety saying “figure it out guys.” From that interview from a few weeks ago they seem to be figuring out that they need to ease up with the messaging/ DEI etc. Maybe he didn’t want to come right out and and make the villain being on the ride a mandate. Maybe it’s a soft nudge. Anyway, there is enough broad information and lack of specific information in regards to this rumor that we can all come to any conclusion we’d like to.

Or maybe he’s a human being comparing what he’s seeing/ hearing to the classic fan favorite attraction they got rid of during a very fragile time for the company. Maybe as the CEO he’s worried about that. Maybe he doesn’t even think it’s boring but is trying to get the best out of them. Maybe it’s all these things. Maybe it’s some of them. Maybe it’s none of them. Maybe he didn’t even do a walk through.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

I was at the park on December 30- my first visit since Splash closed.

That area is a sad, quiet, lifeless, and empty land. I know they can't use Splash's area loop- but they should have had some sort of instrumental jazz loop to replace it. Having no area music in a Disneyland land for over a year is unacceptable, and horrible show. And it's a stark contrast to the upbeat and fun atmosphere that area had prior to the ride's closing (yes, I know this is temporary).

Signage around the attraction on the construction walls is poor at best. The 'Tiana's Foods' logos are generic and poorly done.

In an interview Tom Morris talks about the importance of designing for the silhouette. Each of Disneyland's major thrill attractions had striking silhouettes- Space Mountain, Big Thunder, The Matterhorn, and Splash Mountain. From the Treehouse you can hardly see Salt Mountain, and at night it just sort of blends in. Added lighting when the attraction is open will help, but the point remains that this new design is a bland dirt mound.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
It seems the model of Disneyland’s Bayou Adventure was altered from the one at D23. The main changes are a more orange shade of brown on the mountain and the removal of the stupid "Home of Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen" banner on the mill.
IMG_0994.jpg

The one we saw at D23 for comparison-
download (22).jpeg

Vegas Disney Fan

It seems the model of Disneyland’s Bayou Adventure was altered from the one at D23. The main changes are a more orange shade of brown on the mountain and the removal of the stupid "Home of Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen" banner on the mill. View attachment 761734
The one we saw at D23 for comparison-
View attachment 761735
The water tower looks so much better without the sign and tiara.

Consumer

The water tower looks so much better without the sign and tiara.
Tiara is still there. And even though it would look better without the tiara, it's still completely unnecessary and just feels out of place. If they lost the water tower, I'd really have no problems with the new exterior. I like the trees and the plants covering the mountain, even if it is overall less iconic than the tree and the briar patch.

Vegas Disney Fan

Tiara is still there. And even though it would look better without the tiara, it's still completely unnecessary and just feels out of place. If they lost the water tower, I'd really have no problems with the new exterior. I like the trees and the plants covering the mountain, even if it is overall less iconic than the tree and the briar patch.
I can't see one in that picture, it gets pretty fuzzy when I zoom though.

Consumer

Interesting that they are enclosing stuff.
Hopefully it's done better than the enclosed tubes of California Screamin'.

Side note, anyone know what happened to @Californian Elitist? She hasn't been online since November. I hope she's doing well. Even if her and I didn't always see eye to eye, she's a core part of this site, in my opinion. We've already lost Darkbeer and George Lucas on a Bench, how many more must leave?

Professortango1

Hopefully it's done better than the enclosed tubes of California Screamin'.

Side note, anyone know what happened to @Californian Elitist? She hasn't been online since November. I hope she's doing well. Even if her and I didn't always see eye to eye, she's a core part of this site, in my opinion. We've already lost Darkbeer and George Lucas on a Bench, how many more must leave?
I hope she's well. I know this site can censor inclusive views, particularly about voices of color, and prevent them from posting on threads, hopefully that never happened to her for fighting the good fight.

EPCOTCenterLover

I hope she's well. I know this site can censor inclusive views, particularly about voices of color, and prevent them from posting on threads, hopefully that never happened to her for fighting the good fight.
I always liked her and enjoyed hearing from her! She was able to disagree without calling names or starting fights. I respected that. I do hope she is well.

Professortango1: Not to start an argument, but as perhaps one of the more conservative members of this community, it has sometimes felt as if those with more conservative views have been a bit censored recently vs. those with more liberal viewpoints. But I guess we can all feel that way at times. (For you new readers- I may be more conservative in some ways, but I try to always be respectful, kind, and caring, even if I may disagree at times with what's being said. In our often polarizing world that pits people against each other, I think this is a healthy way to engage with honesty and in a heart to build friendships and further better understanding.)

Last edited:

Parteecia

it has sometimes felt as if those with more conservative views been a bit censored recently vs. those with more liberal viewpoints
If both sides are feeling the pain, they must be doing something right (as much as I grumble when one of my posts disappears).

@Californian Elitist wrote of trips she was planning to take. I hope her absence here is because she's having a great time somewhere else.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom