Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

mickEblu

One of those weird kind of "head canon" things I did with TBA when I was trying to find a silver lining was that the attraction would look a little more natural next to Mansion and with the west side of the park in general. But all of that goes out the window when you have water towers with tiara's, huge generic Tiana's Foods signs from Kinko's and yellow barns with the street art.

mickEblu

View attachment 796495
It has to be said:

It is SO appropriate that the ride poster is basically the cover for a Little Golden Book. That pretty much tells you all you need to know.

Except… Most Little Golden Books have a better story than TBA. Even the one about the kittens and the paint buckets…

I will say I liked the art style of the original poster more. It looked more like an old school DL attraction poster but it was just designed so poorly. This new one like someone else said looks like a Thomas Kinkade painting.

Rich T

Just rode the New Penguin Trek roller coaster at Sea World Orlando. The simple but super-effective dark ride beginning leading to the first launch provided me with more fun dramatic tension than the entirety of MK’s TBA.

Penguin Trek— Escape the cracking ice tunnel and race your way back to Penguin Paradise.

TBA—Can you help me spot the dippy new animals? I bet you can! You’re special!

mickEblu

😔They just can’t help themselves huh? The sign is fine. It’s more than fine actually. Go fix that crappy ride you just built instead. This whole team, project and everything about it just suuuuuucks. 👎🏼👎🏼

What’s Fresh Baked so excited about? Has he seen the other signs associated with this project? Any change done by the TBA team should illicit fear and concern. Especially when you are losing a beautiful, charming sign with great workmanship.

Last edited:

Phroobar

😔They just can’t help themselves huh? The sign is fine. It’s more than fine actually. Go fix that crappy ride you just built instead. This whole team, project and everything about it just suuuuuucks. 👎🏼👎🏼

What’s Fresh Baked so excited about? Has he seen the other signs associated with this project? Any change done by the TBA team should illicit fear and concern. Especially when you are losing a beautiful, charming sign with great workmanship.
Fresh Baked is like children. It should be seen and not heard.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Sorry my friend, I figured this was coming (as I alluded to before) when they announced the whole land would be closing to do the rest of the refurb.

mickEblu

Sorry my friend, I figured this was coming (as I alluded to before) when they announced the whole land would be closing to do the rest of the refurb.

If I recall correctly (and I do) you said they were going to extend NOS to include TBA. Not that the Critter Country sign was going to be changed to a different Critter Country sign. I said that NOS would not be expanding and TBA would reside in Critter Country which sounds like it’s still the case if the rumor is to be believed.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If I recall correctly (and I do) you said they were going to extend NOS to include TBA. Not that the Critter Country sign was going to be changed to a different Critter Country sign. I said that NOS would not be expanding and TBA would reside in Critter Country which sounds like it’s still the case if the rumor is to be believed.
What I said was it makes sense for me for TBA to be part of NOS not that it would for sure be included, and I still have that sentiment. I had also said in that same exchange that CC was staying, but that the sign could moved now that the land is closed, ie I was alluding to it can be changed if that is what they wish to do and it appears to be the case.

mickEblu

What I said was it makes sense for me for TBA to be part of NOS not that it would for sure be included, and I still have that sentiment. I had also said in that same exchange that CC was staying, but that the sign could moved now that the land is closed, ie I was alluding to it can be changed if that is what they wish to do and it appears to be the case.

What exchange? This one below? I’m just failing to see why you’re framing your post to me as “sorry told you so” when my prediction not only looks to be correct but has not changed from day one and yours has. Lol. Where below are you alluding to anything about the Critter Country sign changing to a different Critter Country sign? What you’re alluding to below is them moving the Critter Country sign to Critter Country proper in an effort to expand the NOS boundary and include TBA in it. That’s not what’s happening here if the FB rumor is to be believed. Cmon man lol.

Yes CC is staying, but this is why some of us (myself included) when this project started thought that Tiana was indeed being annexed into NOS because of what Disney said. And that if anything that Pooh and Hungry Bear would remain CC, sort of splitting the land into two areas. That may still be happening with the left side being sort of NOS "lite".

Which now that I think about it makes sense given that Pooh Corner is now splitting into two different shops, with the left side turning into Louis’ Critter Club and the right side remaining Pooh Corner.

Not sure why the name of the shop is any indication that it can't be in NOS. Briar Patch is being renamed to Ray's Berets which is French Creole and fits more into NOS than CC. And its not like they can't move the CC sign elsewhere in the land now that the whole land is closed.

Anyways we'll see what they do, I won't be surprised either way.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
What exchange? This one below? I’m just failing to see why you’re framing your post to me as “sorry told you so” when my prediction looks not only looks to be correct but has not changed from day one and yours has. Lol. Where below are you alluding to anything about the Critter Country sign changing to a different Critter Country sign? What you’re alluding to below is them moving the Critter Country sign to Critter Country proper in an effort to expand the NOS boundary and include TBA in it. That’s not what’s happening here if the FB rumor is to be believed. Cmon man lol.
My post wasn't a "told you so" post. Not sure why everything with you is a competition.

Also the part where I said "its not like they can't move the CC sign elsewhere in the land now that the whole land is closed" assumes they can make changes to the sign when they move it. I honestly always assumed they would update it in some way, even if I didn't state it in my post. Also if the FB rumor is true, its says "could still feature the name Critter Country". That I take to mean there is a chance it doesn't come back as "Critter Country".

mickEblu

My post wasn't a "told you so" post. Not sure why everything with you is a competition.

Also the part where I said "its not like they can't move the CC sign elsewhere in the land now that the whole land is closed" assumes they can make changes to the sign when they move it. I honestly always assumed they would update it in some way, even if I didn't state it in my post. Also if the FB rumor is true, its says "could still feature the name Critter Country". That I take to mean there is a chance it doesn't come back as "Critter Country".

Yeah nothing would shock me at this point. These are the same people that took two banners down from the ride after the ride POV went up on YouTube. Everything pointed to the land remaining as Critter Country (including TBA) but that could have changed. As for the FB rumor, even if the land name changes I’m still assuming it would be separate from NOS otherwise why would it even need a marquee there? Come to think of it does the land even have one? I don’t think so. And in front of Tiana’s ride would be an awkward placement for one.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yeah nothing would shock me at this point. These are the same people that took two banners down from the ride after the ride POV went up on YouTube. Everything pointed to the land remaining as Critter Country (including TBA) but that could have changed. As for the FB rumor, even if the land name changes I’m still assuming it would be separate from NOS otherwise why would it even need a marquee there? Come to think of it does the land even have one? I don’t think so. And in front of Tiana’s ride would be an awkward placement for one.
We'll see what happens.

NOS doesn't have an official sign. But I wouldn't be surprised that if a name change happens with the sign it'll be something that references NOS or the Bayou. As for the placement, I'm still of the opinion that it could move, so it doesn't have to be in front of TBA like it was before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom