Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

CaptinEO

Oh no not the Mermaid comparison again. It’s the execution that’s lacking on the Mermaid ride not the fact that it’s a retelling of the story. “Book report” is semantics and a term people threw around to express their dissatisfaction with the end result which in Mermaids case was a boring, lackluster ride with a blink and you miss climax.

Tony (and now you I guess) are wrong. There are a lot of people in this world and someone would have complained about any approach they took with TBA but the vast majority would have been much happier with a “book report” with Facilier on the lift hill and a proper climax. Not sure how that can even be disputed. Do you honestly think that if they went with a book report that you would have seen the same backlash we’ve seen with this version of the ride they put out? Not even close.
I agree. The Peter Pan, Alice, and Pinocchio rides are 100% book report rides.

Tony made one off hand comment about the mermaid ride and people use it to death.

As you said it's all about execution. Not sure why we need sequels as rides, Walt understood this, WDI does not.

None of those fantasyland dark rides are continuations of the movies, they are retellings. 50s WED enterprises retells the story of Snow White, 2020 WDI would have Snow White in a tank top working in a machine shop factory fabricating parts for WW1 airplanes.

Avastindy

Also, it’s good that the drop is a major focal point on this poster. Great comment about it all looking like a Little Golden Book cover. Can the actual LG Book about Tiana’s Critter Quest be far behind?
I wouldn’t be surprised If a LGB did come out for this ride! It’s such a no brainer for a merchandising opportunity! They did make books for other Disneyland rides, like Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, etc.

Rich T

I agree. The Peter Pan, Alice, and Pinocchio rides are 100% book report rides.

Tony made one off hand comment about the mermaid ride and people use it to death.

As you said it's all about execution. Not sure why we need sequels as rides, Walt understood this, WDI does not.

None of those fantasyland dark rides are continuations of the movies, they are retellings. 50s WED enterprises retells the story of Snow White, 2020 WDI would have Snow White in a tank top working in a machine shop factory fabricating parts for WW1 airplanes.
Alice is *almost* a complete book report; it places the Tea Party at the end as a smooth match to exiting beside the Teacup ride. Aside from that, though, it absolutely is— And as Imagineers have pointed out, Alice in Wonderland is the perfect ride for a direct adaptation, as the story has always been an episodic series of strange encounters. That said, I also loved the original 1958-1982 version of the ride that had no problem doing its own thing— its priority being making riders feel properly lost and disoriented, while adding great original touches such as the Upside Down Room, a creepily gigantic Cheshire Cat and the Screaming Door finale. 😃

Last edited:

Rich T

I wouldn’t be surprised If a LGB did come out for this ride! It’s such a no brainer for a merchandising opportunity! They did make books for other Disneyland rides, like Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, etc.
IMG_1677.jpeg

Voila!!! 😃 Just checked— It’s actually on Amazon! Release date September 3.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom