Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

ParkPeeker

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but first official difference I've noticed between DL and WDW, scene 7 Tiana and Louis are combined in DL's version.
Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 2.39.43 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 2.38.21 PM.png

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
And that may be, but it still is just different pacing. Some will called that a downgrade, but I think its just something they wanted to do to differentiate the attractions more.
But that's the whole point! Because they shoehorned this attraction into an already existing attraction they were too preoccupied with needed to differentiate it with Splash rather than if they had started on a fresh new footprint they wouldn't have to worry about that. That and they probably could have stuck to a smaller footprint to remove the awkward dead spots and better controlled the speed and pacing of the ride vehicles.

But no, the HAD to replace the "problematic" Splash Mountain, and because of that they had to tailor their story around why there is a mountain in Louisiana, so they make it a salt mine, then why they are at a salt mine......to gather ingredients, and on top of all of that they wanted to make it accessible to little girls so they completely remove anything that might cause the least bit of conflict or tension.

This type of attraction, if they were so hell bent on telling this "story" (which I say loosely) would have served better as a smaller Winnie the Pooh sized attraction.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
After writing this I realized I should put this in spoiler tags for those who haven't watched the video yet.

Also, speaking of pacing......and I won't apologize for continuing to compare this to Splash, but we kinda have to since it replaced Splash and uses it's skeleton.

The whole outside portion of Splash was meant to set up the atmosphere of the attraction, much like the caves in Pirates. We lazily mosey along the mountain seeing critter's homes in the distance before we are plunged in (via Slippin' Falls) to the magic of the show building and singing animals.

For some strange reason they decided to put a Tiana animatronic at the first lift hill telling us that Louis is waiting for us to help him find a band. Then all we see is an extended garden. We don't even see Louis or a band for an entire 2 minutes after she says that. They could have easily put that animatronic at the entrance to the show building. Again, just another reason to "differentiate" the attraction from Splash. Doesn't make sense.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
But that's the whole point! Because they shoehorned this attraction into an already existing attraction they were too preoccupied with needed to differentiate it with Splash rather than if they had started on a fresh new footprint they wouldn't have to worry about that. That and they probably could have stuck to a smaller footprint to remove the awkward dead spots and better controlled the speed and pacing of the ride vehicles.

But no, the HAD to replace the "problematic" Splash Mountain, and because of that they had to tailor their story around why there is a mountain in Louisiana, so they make it a salt mine, then why they are at a salt mine......to gather ingredients, and on top of all of that they wanted to make it accessible to little girls so they completely remove anything that might cause the least bit of conflict or tension.

This type of attraction, if they were so hell bent on telling this "story" (which I say loosely) would have served better as a smaller Winnie the Pooh sized attraction.
You have a point, but that still doesn't mean this won't work in DLs Tiana (which I still think this was originally designed for). And if needed they can always add additional figures in WDWs Tiana during subsequent refurbs to fix any pacing issues.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
You have a point, but that still doesn't mean this won't work in DLs Tiana (which I still think this was originally designed for). And if needed they can always add additional figures in WDWs Tiana during subsequent refurbs to fix any pacing issues.
So now that the footage is out and we WERE past the whole "wait until you see it to judge" period, we are now in that same mode again because you think the DL version is going to be better an fix all these problems?

I'm not even about to go there again.

mickEblu

So now that the footage is out and we WERE past the whole "wait until you see it to judge" period, we are now in that same mode again because you think the DL version is going to be better an fix all these problems?

No more wishful thinking for me. This team that worked on this ride AINT IT. Who was coming down those logs during Testing? An ex accountant and a bunch of kids.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

As I've already said further up in the thread, I think the pacing will work better in the DL version, sorry if you don't agree. 🤷‍♂️

Disney Irish

Premium Member
After writing this I realized I should put this in spoiler tags for those who haven't watched the video yet.

Also, speaking of pacing......and I won't apologize for continuing to compare this to Splash, but we kinda have to since it replaced Splash and uses it's skeleton.

The whole outside portion of Splash was meant to set up the atmosphere of the attraction, much like the caves in Pirates. We lazily mosey along the mountain seeing critter's homes in the distance before we are plunged in (via Slippin' Falls) to the magic of the show building and singing animals.

For some strange reason they decided to put a Tiana animatronic at the first lift hill telling us that Louis is waiting for us to help him find a band. Then all we see is an extended garden. We don't even see Louis or a band for an entire 2 minutes after she says that. They could have easily put that animatronic at the entrance to the show building. Again, just another reason to "differentiate" the attraction from Splash. Doesn't make sense.
In case you missed it before -

LousinGarden.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Seriously, even the shrinking down concept which I thought was good and had some potential was really underwhelming. Giant faces on screens? Where are the giant fireflies? Where's the alligators AA's or figures trying to eat us?
The fireflies are on the screens to the left prior to the lift hill, my favorite is the grandma firefly with a walker.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
losing the vultures for a screen with Mama Odies CGI face cut me deep. It's like they are trying to inflict the most pain possible.
I understand how you feel, I'm sorry you are taking this personal. Hopefully with time Tiana will grow on you and not replace Splash but find at a place of enjoyment in your heart. Maybe riding it with your kids, especially your daughter, might help as you can see it through their eyes. My bet is they enjoy it for what it is rather than what it was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom