Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

mickEblu

Yes CC is staying, but this is why some of us (myself included) when this project started thought that Tiana was indeed being annexed into NOS because of what Disney said. And that if anything that Pooh and Hungry Bear would remain CC, sort of splitting the land into two areas. That may still be happening with the left side being sort of NOS "lite".

Which now that I think about it makes sense given that Pooh Corner is now splitting into two different shops, with the left side turning into Louis’ Critter Club and the right side remaining Pooh Corner.

I dunno it would make for a pretty awkward border of lands inside Critter Country proper. Also wouldn't really make sense to have it be part of NOS with the Critter Country sign in front of it. But they do a lot of things that don't make sense. Basically would be splitting an alley into two lands. An alley with the same aesthetic. Of course they can get really cute and spray paint the building all different colors to differentiate it from the rustic critter country 4 steps away.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I dunno it would make for a pretty awkward border of lands inside Critter Country proper. Also wouldn't really make sense to have it be part of NOS with the Critter Country sign in front of it. But they do a lot of things that don't make sense. Basically would be splitting an alley and into two lands. An alley with the same aesthetic. Of course they can get really cute and spray paint the building all different colors to differentiate it from the rustic critter country 4 steps away.
Well we know they are redoing the paint scheme of the facade for Tiana's, if WDW is any indication. So yeah I could see them making it more bright and vibrant like New Orleans compared to the more rustic tones of traditional CC on the right side of the land. And so use theming to be the transition line between the two lands, sort of what they do in the rest of the park. Obviously the only difference here is its in an "alley" as you say rather than a traditional border.

But to me its always just been weird to have a New Orleans themed attraction outside of the land that bears its name right next door. Its why it made more sense when Disney said it would be an extension of NOS. Now some of us thought that meant annexation of the attraction into NOS, but maybe they just meant an extension in spirit. I guess we'll see in a couple months.

mickEblu

Well we know they are redoing the paint scheme of the facade for Tiana's, if WDW is any indication. So yeah I could see them making it more bright and vibrant like New Orleans compared to the more rustic tones of traditional CC on the right side of the land. And so use theming to be the transition line between the two lands, sort of what they do in the rest of the park. Obviously the only difference here is its in an "alley" as you say rather than a traditional border.

But to me its always just been weird to have a New Orleans themed attraction outside of the land that bears its name right next door. Its why it made more sense when Disney said it would be an extension of NOS. Now some of us thought that meant annexation of the attraction into NOS, but maybe they just meant an extension in spirit. I guess we'll see in a couple months.

I think it’s more weird to split an alley into two lands.

I remember more people postulating that Critter Country would be going or annexed into NOS. Not just the ride.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think it’s more weird to split an alley into two lands.

I remember more people postulating that Critter Country would be going or annexed into NOS. Not just the ride.
As I recall, and speaking for myself with regards to those discussions, it was that Tiana would be annexed and then the question is what they would do with Pooh and Hungry Bear. Would they remain and that is what would be left of CC or that CC would be going completely. Remember this is when people thought they would also consider retheming Hungry Bear to Tiana's Palace before it was revealed to replace French Market.

mickEblu

As I recall, and speaking for myself with regards to those discussions, it was that Tiana would be annexed and then the question is what they would do with Pooh and Hungry Bear. Would they remain and that is what would be left of CC or that CC would be going completely. Remember this is when people thought they would also consider retheming Hungry Bear to Tiana's Palace before it was revealed to replace French Market.

Also isn’t Tiana’s Foods located in a Salt Dome in the country? In that case, the starting point for the attraction is not New Orleans.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Also isn’t Tiana’s Foods located in Salt Dome in the country? In that case, the starting point for the attraction is not New Orleans proper.
Its suppose to be on Avery Island while not close to New Orleans its not that far either. Its not the first time they have placed attractions that are geographically inconsistent. I mean we have the Hundred Acre Woods from England right next door to now the Bayou in Louisiana. So lets not get too technical here lol.

But this is why I think Tiana will act as sort of that transition, called it "NOS Lite", between NOS proper and CC proper. Now whether that means being in NOS on the map or in CC, we'll see soon enough.

mickEblu

Yes CC is staying, but this is why some of us (myself included) when this project started thought that Tiana was indeed being annexed into NOS because of what Disney said. And that if anything that Pooh and Hungry Bear would remain CC, sort of splitting the land into two areas. That may still be happening with the left side being sort of NOS "lite".

Which now that I think about it makes sense given that Pooh Corner is now splitting into two different shops, with the left side turning into Louis’ Critter Club and the right side remaining Pooh Corner.

I don’t think they would call the new store Louis’ Critter Club if they were planning on it being a part of NOS. Between that and the Critter Country sign being in front of TBA I’d say the odds are slim to none that any part of Critter Country are being annexed into NOS.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I don’t think they would call the new store Louis’ Critter Club if they were planning on it being a part of NOS. Between that and the Critter Country sign being in front of TBA I’d say the odds are slim to none that any part of Critter Country are being annexed into NOS.
Not sure why the name of the shop is any indication that it can't be in NOS. Briar Patch is being renamed to Ray's Berets which is French Creole and fits more into NOS than CC. And its not like they can't move the CC sign elsewhere in the land now that the whole land is closed.

Anyways we'll see what they do, I won't be surprised either way.

mickEblu

Not sure why the name of the shop is any indication that it can't be in NOS. Briar Patch is being renamed to Ray's Berets which is French Creole and fits more into NOS than CC. And its not like they can't move the CC sign elsewhere in the land now that the whole land is closed.

Anyways we'll see what they do, I won't be surprised either way.

No you can’t get away with that. You have to pick. What’s it going to be? Will there be annexing or no annexing? I say No

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No you can’t get away with that. You have to pick. What’s it going to be? Will there be annexing or no annexing? I say No
LMAO.

First, get away with what? Second, I believe I've answered this question already not more than a couple posts ago.

To me it makes sense to have Tiana's Bayou Adventure as part of NOS, since its themed to the New Orleans region. Now does that mean they annex just the attraction, part of the land, or the whole land to NOS, dunno. But the information they provided from their public statements to other clues indicate they may do one of the those. But if they don't and CC remains the same with very little changes other than the Tiana retheme and the rename of the gift shops, I won't be surprised.

mickEblu

LMAO.

First, get away with what? Second, I believe I've answered this question already not more than a couple posts ago.

To me it makes sense to have Tiana's Bayou Adventure as part of NOS, since its themed to the New Orleans region. Now does that mean they annex just the attraction, part of the land, or the whole land to NOS, dunno. But the information they provided from their public statements to other clues indicate they may do one of the those. But if they don't and CC remains the same with little changes other than the Tiana retheme and the rename of the gift shops, I won't be surprised.

Lol.

Ok so final answer, the ride will be part of NOS? I’m pulling for you. I really want you to win this one.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Lol.

Ok so final answer, the ride will be part of NOS? I’m pulling for you. I really want you to win this one.
LMAO

Sir, this is a theme park forum not a competition, there is no winning or losing.

As for a final answer, its I don't know. And no I didn't say the ride will be part of NOS, I said it makes more sense to me for it to be in NOS. That doesn't mean anything more than that.

mickEblu

Finale looks nice, but, let's face it, I don't care how proud that man is of his song, it's no "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah."

Perhaps the most predictable thing about this change was the finale would not be topped. It looks like it’s full of life which is good (even if it’s no Zip A Dee Lady) but yeah I dunno about that song. You can’t follow up ZADD with that. Doesn’t sound upbeat enough. Needed to sound BIG with a nice sing along chorus. I’ll reserve final judgment for when I hear the whole thing but not loving the snippet I heard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom