Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I was just thinking - maybe they're doing this in an effort to have all big attractions up and running smoothly for the 70th anniversary which could be as soon as 15 months away (or less). I believe they started the 60th anniversary in May.
You might be on to something, as I would imagine they are trying to get all or most of this done by D23 in August for an announcement on the 70th.

Honeycomb

What's jarring is how different the place is than it was during the '60th.

Galaxy's Edge- which is a dud.
Astro turf as far as the eye can see.
Salt Mountain.
The removal of many planters throughout the resort, and now Magnolia Park.
French Market turning into Tiana's Palace.
The complete removal of employee dress and grooming standards- so now there are fast food restaurants with stricter standards.
Fantasmic, which is unrecognizable in its current iteration and will soon be dragonless.
A failed Toontown renovation that open, then immediately started closing again in chunks to fix the work.
Mickey and Minnie's Warehouse... I mean Runaway Railway.
Changing the castle to have plastic roofs and stars.
Jungle Cruise- Invasion of the chimps.
Jessica Rabbit's Trenchcoat Spin
Swiss Family Treehouse (An actual bona fide improvement!)
I was at Disneyland on the 60th anniversary. While I won't act like everything was perfect 9 years ago, because nothing is, I'd jump at a chance to relive that day in a heartbeat.

mickEblu

I was at Disneyland on the 60th anniversary. While I won't act like everything was perfect 9 years ago, because nothing is, I'd jump at a chance to relive that day in a heartbeat.

Not to mention DCA was in its prime. ☹️

2015-2016 was a good year. Really really busy though. I was caught in some nightmarish gridlocks during the fireworks/ parades a few times. GE really helped with that stuff.

Honeycomb

Not to mention DCA was in its prime. ☹️

2015-2016 was a good year. Really really busy though. I was caught in some nightmarish gridlocks during the fireworks/ parades a few times. GE really helped with that stuff.
I remember feeling like DCA was improving until Pixar Pier came about. Paradise Pier was my favorite area so I wasn't too thrilled about the re-theme. San Fransokyo Bay looks neat but not enough for me to make a trip back to Disneyland.

In the Parks
No
I remember feeling like DCA was improving until Pixar Pier came about. Paradise Pier was my favorite area so I wasn't too thrilled about the re-theme.
Agreed. My family flew to Disneyland in the summer of 2015 to celebrate my high school graduation, and it had been ten years since we went. We ate for the first time at Big Thunder Ranch and loved it! Saw the enhancements to DCA for the first time and loved it! And then by the time we were back in 2019 after I graduated from college...yikes! Things had drastically changed. But at least they still had free Fastpass back then. If/When I make it back to a Disney park, it's going to be at WDW at this point, unless they get rid of park reservations in DL. But honestly, going back anywhere just isn't possible for us right now. It's too much $$$$.

Honeycomb

If/When I make it back to a Disney park, it's going to be at WDW at this point, unless they get rid of park reservations in DL. But honestly, going back anywhere just isn't possible for us right now. It's too much $$$$.
I'd rather go to WDW because it's closer and I've been there less times than Disneyland so it's fresher for me, personally. For the sake of staying on the thread's topic, I'll mention that if I ever end up riding TBA, it'll definitely be the MK version. Granted, I'm going to TDL in May for the first time so visiting either U.S. resort isn't in my immediate future.

In the Parks
No
I'd rather go to WDW because it's closer and I've been there less times than Disneyland so it's fresher for me, personally. For the sake of staying on the thread's topic, I'll mention that if I ever end up riding TBA, it'll definitely be the MK version. Granted, I'm going to TDL in May for the first time so visiting either U.S. resort isn't in my immediate future.
Well that's exciting going to TDL! I'll be interested how it goes for you! It's definitely on my bucket-list, but I've heard that wait times are awful over there. But at least you're waiting in line for something that will be in top-notch shape!

TBA in Disneyland is still going to have the faster pacing its predecessor had, which was a huge improvement at WDW. I want to be able to see what I'm looking at without having to turn around because we passed it too quickly!

I'm still wondering how they're going to address that. You really do move so much more quickly in the DL version of the ride.

PiratesMansion

O'Hare's badness is overstated, IMO. And if you're flying United or American you have a ton of options. The Terminal 1 light tunnnel will always hold a special place in my heart. That said, they could certainly be moving a bit faster to finish their expansion so they can finally demo Terminal 2 and get the shiny new terminal ready in the meantime.

Midway's definitely easier and less of a hassle, but they nuked their restaurant lineup a few years ago IMO.

I doubt the lines will be as bothersome as getting to trying to get to one of the Chicago airports by 2 am.
So do you have a super early or super late flight? On my last flight over to Asia, I ended up leaving my hotel at 2:30 AM to get the airport at 3. I ended up unintentionally rope dropping the bag drop and security lines and generally being there much earlier than I probably needed to. Not quite as fun as rope dropping Peter Pan's Flight.

Honeycomb

So do you have a super early or super late flight? On my last flight over to Asia, I ended up leaving my hotel at 2:30 AM to get the airport at 3. I ended up unintentionally rope dropping the bag drop and security lines and generally being there much earlier than I probably needed to. Not quite as fun as rope dropping Peter Pan's Flight.
Super early. 5 am. When I say "convenient" I mean price-wise. I typically go with the cheapest available option, and O'Hare flights were less expensive than Midway.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Screenshot_20240203_114144_Instagram.jpg

The carrots have been removed from the top of the Briar Patch store. Credit to Splasher899 on Instagram

tanc

So the Disneyland version is drastically behind the WDW version? Probably going to see the wdw version open first I guess

Kirby86

So the Disneyland version is drastically behind the WDW version? Probably going to see the wdw version open first I guess
The Disneyworld one closed a few months before lands I think most of us were feeling like this was a possibility.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom