Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It’s no wonder why the Disney standards are consistently going down.

Now things like big visible boxes at Epcot make sense, the guests don’t care anyway so why bother trying to make it fit in with the surrounding area.
Wish I had a nickle for every time a poster that doesn't like something Disney does brings up "Disney standards are consistently going down", I'd be rich.

If you personally don't like the mural or its placement because it "doesn't fit its surrounding area", ok cool. But then you must not like a lot of stuff that Disney has done in the last 40-50 years because there are plenty of examples of stuff added that don't "fit" in the surrounding areas.

mickEblu

Wish I had a nickle for every time a poster that doesn't like something Disney does brings up "Disney standards are consistently going down", I'd be rich.

If you personally don't like the mural or its placement because it "doesn't fit its surrounding area", ok cool. But then you must not like a lot of stuff that Disney has done in the last 40-50 years because there are plenty of examples of stuff added that don't "fit" in the surrounding areas.

Sure but some examples are unavoidable, more egregious than others or get a pass for being aesthetically beautiful. Space Mountain can be seen from Main Street but it’s White, a beautiful piece of architecture and was partially built underground to hide it from the rest of the park as much as possible. This mural is being placed in an area where it doesn’t work aesthetically or thematically with the sole purpose of getting “inclusion” bonus points.

mickEblu

You're right, because of course the New Orleans area has never had or currently doesn't have any street art/murals in the city. :rolleyes:

Doesn’t matter, the ride isn’t set in modern day New Orleans. It’s 1920s New Orleans and even then the location of the actual ride is in a rustic setting with pine trees.

Rich T

A little off topic but was just reading about the upcoming Fantasy Springs rides and the Tangled ride is described as a “romantic boat ride” and the Frozen boat ride as a ride about sisterly love. We already know TBA is most likely not including Facilier. The new BATB ride pretty much omitted any suspense. I think they need to be careful as they are beginning to neglect the things that have always made Disney attractions appeal to the whole family. My daughter is only three and her favorite ride was already POTC. Kids are drawn to the adventurous/ mysterious/ weird/ scary just as much as we are. A lot of the newer rides are one note and dumbed down a bit. My theory is that this in great part due to Disney acquiring Lucasfilm and Marvel. It seems that they re content only using the Marvel and Star Wars IP for the adventurous rides and are focused on making the Disney stuff as safe and cookie cutter as possible. That’s unfortunate for all the new rides coming to the parks that are based on Disney IP.
And ironically, having removed the best scary scene in the original Snow White ride and building Mermaid rides where Ursula just sings, AND producing a string of villain-less animated features, NOW they’re talking about building a villain land, because, y’know it seems that families actually ENJOY (and buy merch related to) their classic animated films with scary villains.

Duh, Disney. Duh.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Sure but some examples are unavoidable, more egregious than others or get a pass for being aesthetically beautiful. Space Mountain can be seen from Main Street but it’s White, a beautiful piece of architecture and was partially built underground to hide it from the rest of the park as much as possible. This mural is being placed in an area where it doesn’t work aesthetically or thematically with the sole purpose of getting “inclusion” bonus points.
Which means this complaint is very selective and very subjective, ie not consistent.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
I dunno. This place is starting to feel more like Micechat to me. I think it’s the beginning of the end, at least for the Disneyland forum until there is some universal/ objective good news. Quality of conversation has gone way down hill.
I only lasted a year in the MiceChat forums until I was drowned by all of the "positivity." At least there are some like-minded people here!

mickEblu

It’s no longer a circle of constant negativity and opinions are being challenged, therefore, the quality has gone down.

Part of it is that the subject material has been very negative/ polarizing. Part of it is we have lost some good members with interesting/ knowledgeable/ well rounded opinions and part of it is we just plain have people not participating in good faith in an attempt to control a narrative. No matter how inconsistent their posts/ opinions may be.

TP2000

...I’d be happy if the entire area became bayou-themed—and renamed—and Pooh is eventually sent to the Disney Disappointment Hall of Fame and replaced by Alligator bumper boats.

That made me laugh out loud! Thank you.

There's a part of me that thinks it might be best to do just that. Forget about Winnie The Pooh (is Pooh even still a thing, outside of using him to make fun of the Communist dictator in China?), and put in something bayou themed. Southern themed. It would also fit better with Critter Country's third attraction, the Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes, which is inherently Tennessee themed.

I'm not opposed to Alligator bumper boats. That could work. Make it like the Critter Country version of Aquatopia at DisneySea. Anything, really.

But so far, this mish-mash of 1920's Tiana with 21st century playground art murals shoehorned in to Frontierland or Critter Country, and also employee-owned (naturally), just seems so ridiculously over-thought and over-wrought.

I have to ask, is this ride even supposed to be fun? Or is it a history lesson and Struggle Session for the tourists in the logs?

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
@TP2000 I just noticed this 🤣
Currently, there is no night parade at any of the parks at Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort. No announcements have been made about any new night parades at either property.
Currently, there is no new attraction under construction at any of the parks at Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort. No announcements have been made about any new attractions being built at either property.
Nothing is happening or being built anywhere in the American parks.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I dunno. This place is starting to feel more like Micechat to me. I think it’s the beginning of the end, at least for the Disneyland forum until there is some universal/ objective good news. Quality of conversation has gone way down hill.
Bruh (remember when we did that bit for awhile), we all have different opinions on things and we aren't all going to agree on the same things. It doesn't mean its the end of the forum.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Part of it is that the subject material has been very negative/ polarizing. Part of it is we have lost some good members with interesting/ knowledgeable/ well rounded opinions and part of it is we just plain have people not participating in good faith in an attempt to control a narrative. No matter how inconsistent their posts/ opinions may be.
You’re absolutely correct about the good faith part. Got a few folks here making things up and just saying anything.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
What would be considered “objective good news?”

mickEblu

I only lasted a year in the MiceChat forums until I was drowned by all of the "positivity." At least there are some like-minded people here!

Yeah there are some even if they are being drowned out by the majority. Every third post I write gets deleted. A harmless post about a sardine and peanut butter sandwich got deleted today🤷🏻‍♂️

I think my time here is coming to an end. If something isn’t bringing you joy, what’s the point? Plus it’s just not healthy the amount of time I spend on here. I don’t want to delete my profile as I think is the worth keeping for the historical data. Plus I can use it to message a select few people. I’ll probably check back in when we have some actual good news. Like when a Tomorrowland redo is announced. For now ✌️

Last edited:

TP2000

@TP2000 I just noticed this 🤣

Well, it's true. :cool:

The only active work going on in any of the six parks in the USA is to retheme the 30 year old log ride into an employee-owned food cooperative. There's no night parade in any park, no new construction, no new anything announced to be starting soon.

I started an entire thread about it here, because the 2020's look to be Disney's lost decade. Things are rather bleak now.

Vegas Disney Fan

That made me laugh out loud! Thank you.

There's a part of me that thinks it might be best to do just that. Forget about Winnie The Pooh (is Pooh even still a thing, outside of using him to make fun of the Communist dictator in China?), and put it something bayou themed. Southern themed. It would also fit better with Critter Country's third attraction, the Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes, which is inherently Tennessee themed.

I'm not opposed to Alligator bumper boats. That could work. Make it like the Critter Country version of Aquatopia at DisneySea. Anything, really.

But so far, this mish-mash of 1920's Tiana with 21st century playground art murals shoehorned in to Frontierland or Critter Country, and also employee-owned (naturally), just seems so ridiculously over-thought and over-wrought.

I have to ask, is this ride even supposed to be fun? Or is it a history lesson and Struggle Session for the tourists in the logs?

A bayou extension of the Orleans theme would be cool but I can’t see penny pinching Disney spending a penny on either of these areas without an IP to attach to it to sell merch.

What IPs would work as cheap overlays for Pooh and Hungry Bear?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom