Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

The first part Waltography transcribed is for departing New Orleans Square/entering Splash. The dialogue for Critter Country is:

"Speaking of surprises, this place were passing over is Chock full of em. Here in Critter Country, you can join Winnie the Pooh, Tigger and other beloved Critters on fun filled adventures where anything can happen!"
It would be really dumb to not put TBA in NOS considering its right by the Haunted Mansion.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Oh it's not bothering me, that detail, it's more how weird Disney storytelling and press releases are these days.

It's odd to me it's something they're emphasizing. Not sure if it's a brief detail or a major point.

From the information so far it seems like an example of cramming too much in to one ride's story.

But again with all this stuff is this just back story for the designers? Just for the parks blog readers? Part of the queue? Part of the ride?

Is it like the Incredicoaster where it's constant dialogue as story?

I'm not mad over it, it just stands out to me as part of many examples of Disney forgetting how to market attractions and missing the mark.

They should be out there showing how cool this ride is going to be and how they're going to blow us away.
They said they would "touch on" it. It was one bullet point. It's actually a sub bullet point. They're not emphasizing it at all. They said nothing about it being part of the backstory. The article says it will "touch on" new themes. Nowhere does it say that James' time in the service will make a huge presence in the ride and in the backstory. The fixation on that sub point in particular is interesting, to say the least.

They're simply sharing some details. I wouldn't necessarily call this marketing. It's too early to market the ride... Splash just closed a few days ago. Why would they be marketing it now?

Disney is already doing what you claim they should be doing. Again, who is "us" here, when you say "blow us away?" Some fans already believe the ride will be cool and are already impressed. Who is "us," and why should Disney be catering to those people?

mickEblu

It would be really dumb to not put TBA in NOS considering its right by the Haunted Mansion.

I would prefer it stays in Critter Country. TBA takes place in the bayou/ country not New Orleans proper. There are critters in the ride. We keep the Critter Country sign. Less potential large changes to the remained of Critter Country which includes Poohs area and Hungry Bear which I think are perfect. Then you also have the entrance to TBA inside Critter a country or whatever would left of the tiny alley way of a land.

mickEblu

They said they would "touch on" it. It was one bullet point. It's actually a sub bullet point. They're not emphasizing it at all. They said nothing about it being part of the backstory. The article says it will "touch on" new themes. Nowhere does it say that James' time in the service will make a huge presence in the ride and in the backstory. The fixation on that sub point in particular is interesting, to say the least.

They're simply sharing some details. I wouldn't necessarily call this marketing. It's too early to market the ride... Splash just closed a few days ago. Why would they be marketing it now?

Disney is already doing what you claim they should be doing. Again, who is "us" here, when you say "blow us away?" Some fans already believe the ride will be cool and are already impressed. Who is "us," and why should Disney be catering to those people?

Why are they saying these things? Who wants or cares about any of this on a log ride?

Vegas Disney Fan

IMG_3731.jpeg

Updated the park map already.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I would prefer it stays in Critter Country. TBA takes place in the bayou/ country not New Orleans proper. There are critters in the ride. We keep the Critter Country sign. Less potential large changes to the remained of Critter Country which includes Poohs area and Hungry Bear which I think are perfect. Then you also have the entrance to TBA inside Critter a country or whatever would left of the tiny alley way of a land.
I actually have been debating this in my head. And I do think “legacy CC” should still be separate from NoS proper.

What separates critter country from NoS proper (and RoA/Frontierland for that matter) is even though both HM and PoTC combine human and animal AAs the animals are “realistic” manifestations - I.e. the animals here don’t speak and act as animals largely would - the crows/cat/dog in HM, various chickens/burros/parrots/cats in pirates, etc.

In Critter Country whereas humans are represented amongst the animals now with Pooh and Tiana and Friends (unlike the CBJ and Splash days), the critters can speak and sing which removes the “realism” of NoS proper.

mickEblu

I actually have been debating this in my head. And I do think “legacy CC” should still be separate from NoS proper.

What separates critter country from NoS proper (and RoA/Frontierland for that matter) is even though both HM and PoTC combine human and animal AAs the animals are “realistic” manifestations - I.e. the animals here don’t speak and act as animals largely would - the crows/cat/dog in HM, various chickens/burros/parrots/cats in pirates, etc.

In Critter Country whereas humans are represented amongst the animals now with Pooh and Tiana and Friends (unlike the CBJ and Splash days), the critters can speak and sing which removes the “realism” of NoS proper.

Good point and let’s not forget how much the lands change aesthetically from NOS to Critter Country.

Last edited:

CaptinEO

TBA is not about singing animals.
See this is what I'm confused on. What is the ride about? Missing ingredients? Lost trumpets? Employee owned co-ops? WW1 Trauma? The various cultures of New Orleans?

Hopefully there's some room for Tiana in there.

They should have just adapted the movie.

Disney doesn't know how to communicate a story despite all their self bloat about being the world's greatest story tellers.

As a fan who follows themepark news I genuinely have no idea what the ride is about but only have all these weird tidbits to go off of that the company released.

DavidDL

I hope there's plenty of critters placed throughout the attraction. There's obviously the one show scene we saw art for and Louis but I hope the rest of the animatronics/characters aren't all just humans. Obviously Tiana, Naveen, Odie, etc. need to be in there too but I'm just hoping we get some more animals to share the space alongside them so the attraction feels even more at home in Critter Country.

I'd even be okay with animals on screens if it meant they will be there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom