Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

mickEblu

This could very well be a disaster. Unless the PR department is just dropping the ball big time. In those 17 bullet points how about just one that reminds us this is supposed to be a fun/ adventurous/ whimsical log ride? It’s all kind of sad. In addition to losing one of the best Disney attractions ever made it’s just hitting home that this is Modern Disney. They’re not focused on the right stuff and they’ve lost their way. I see Knotts/ USH passes filling my Disney void in the near future. Splash and how they handle Bayou Adventure could be the straw that broke the camels back for me. I don’t need to keep paying a premium to a company that’s disappointing me. And I certainly don’t need to be going there 25 times a year.

yensidtlaw1969

My guess is there will be a total of 17 animatronics in the new attraction is what I am saying.

Anything else we see will be screens.
So even worse if those 17 animatronics include 2-3 Tainan’s, a Mama Odie and 2 Naveens.

They've already stated clearly that there will be 17 new characters in the attraction, and that they will all be represented by Animatronics.

They have also stated that the main characters from the movie - Tiana, Naveen, Louis, and Mama Odie - will all be present and represented by Animatronics. In addition they've confirmed that Tiana in particular will have several looks throughout the attraction. So several Tiana animatronics that do not figure into the count of those 17 new characters.

Hasn't Disney also expressly stated that there will be "Dozens of new Animatronics" in the ride? Which was then confirmed here by insiders?

All of which clearly amounts to there being noticeably more than just 17 animatronics.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
See I can accept this. In a sea of of bullets and focus group non sense I missed the word “new.” But to say I make stuff up to be mad is uncalled for and unfounded. Anyone who is honest and has been here long enough would know that to be true.
I didn't say you did that. I didn't call anyone out, as the list is too long and I don't feel like listing everyone. This is a collective effort going on. But finding things to be outraged about, the tiniest little things, is for sure happening.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Just calling things as I see, which I will continue to do. I understand that many of you are extremely upset and that Splash is/was your favorite attraction. And, for these reasons, nothing announced will be pleasing. This is very obvious. It is quite annoying, though. But, it is expected. I will be continuing to call it out, though. You are free to share your opinions and thoughts and I will continue to do the same.

Disstevefan1

They've already stated clearly that there will be 17 new characters in the attraction, and that they will all be represented by Animatronics.

They have also stated that the main characters from the movie - Tiana, Naveen, Louis, and Mama Odie - will all be present and represented by Animatronics. In addition they've confirmed that Tiana in particular will have several looks throughout the attraction. So several Tiana animatronics that do not figure into the count of those 17 new characters.

Hasn't Disney also expressly stated that there will be "Dozens of new Animatronics" in the ride? Which was then confirmed here by insiders?

All of which clearly amounts to there being noticeably more than just 17 animatronics.

It's almost as if some of you are just making up stuff to complain about.
Thanks so much for your thoughtful clarifications.

So true, I forgot they formally said dozens of animatronics.

Well, I am hoping for at least 24 then.

I am also hoping for no cost cuts.

Thanks again! :)

Vegas Disney Fan

This could very well be a disaster. Unless the PR department is just dropping the ball big time. In those 17 bullet points how about just one that reminds us this is supposed to be a fun/ adventurous/ whimsical log ride? It’s all kind of sad. In addition to losing one of the best Disney attractions ever made it’s just hitting home that this is Modern Disney. They’re not focused on the right stuff and they’ve lost their way. I see Knotts/ USH passes filling my Disney void in the near future. Splash and how they handle Bayou Adventure could be the straw that broke the camels back for me. I don’t need to keep paying a premium to a company that’s disappointing me. And I certainly don’t need to be going there 25 times a year.

I swear marketing is trying to make me worry, after riding Splash one last time I got off thinking they can’t possibly screw this up, a day later there’s a press release making me think maybe they can.

None of those points is necessarily bad, and a few sound great, but the overall feeling is this ride isn’t being designed to be fun, it’s being designed to deliver a message.

I feel like we’re nearing our tipping point also, we love the parks but between the increasing prices, decreasing quality, and real world being forced into our escapism it’s getting harder to justify spending our vacation dollars at Disney.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

The press releases are official Disney media that has weird pieces of information.

The stages of grief are over, the announcement was 3 years ago.

We want a good ride but Disney with their choices and recent track record have been a mixed bag.

Like in the attraction Tiana's dad is going to mention serving his country? It's just every piece of information I get for this ride is about its story but the story seems all over the place.
As much as I'd love to see a WWI scene with Tiana's father on the ride, I feel like it's likely going to be a brief thing that shows up in the queue.

PiratesMansion

Very excited for another whole year of this!
frustrated the emperor's new groove GIF

CaptinEO

As much as I'd love to see a WWI scene with Tiana's father on the ride, I feel like it's likely going to be a brief thing that shows up in the queue.
It's just odd for a minor thing to be part of a press release, like why is a queue detail a bullet item talking about an attraction a year out?

Disney press releases are always confusing. I remember the Galaxy's Edge reservations announcement nightmare as well and how poorly worded it was to the point they had to film a video explaining it shortly after.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
The press releases are official Disney media that has weird pieces of information.

The stages of grief are over, the announcement was 3 years ago.

We want a good ride but Disney with their choices and recent track record have been a mixed bag.

Like in the attraction Tiana's dad is going to mention serving his country? It's just every piece of information I get for this ride is about its story but the story seems all over the place.
They are over for some, but not for all, despite the three years that have passed. Healing does take time, though.

Captin, why are you feeling some type of way about something they said would be a brief detail? Why is that such a terrible thing? One brief detail. I just don't understand why this is a big deal. We don't even know exactly where this brief detail will be, and yet it's been brought up multiple times. What is happening? Is it really bothering you that much? Honest question.

We all want a great ride. I'm over getting myself into a tizzy over something at the parks that's not even completed yet and has very little details surrounding it. They've pieced together something that the public has very little knowledge about. They're keeping information to themselves. This is why the story seems all over the place because they're giving us random pieces of information every few months. They've given us the general premise, which isn't all over the place. It's very straightforward.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Is it part of NOS or Critter Country? The announcement on the train seems to be the former.
I believe Splash is being enveloped into New Orleans, but the second part of the audio doesn't mention Tiana but the line about "Other beloved critters" joining Pooh makes it unclear

[Pass over Critter Country]"Speaking of surprises, this place were passing over is Chock full of em. Here in Critter Country, you can join Winnie the Pooh, Tigger and other beloved Critters on fun filled adventures where anything can happen!"

Last edited:

CaptinEO

They are over for some, but not for all, despite the three years that have passed. Healing does take time, though.

Captin, why are you feeling some type of way about something they said would be a brief detail? Why is that such a terrible thing? One brief detail. I just don't understand why this is a big deal. We don't even know exactly where this brief detail will be, and yet it's been brought up multiple times. What is happening? Is it really bothering you that much? Honest question.

We all want a great ride. I'm over getting myself into a tizzy over something at the parks that's not even completed yet and has very little details surrounding it. They've pieced together something that the public has very little knowledge about. They're keeping information to themselves. This is why the story seems all over the place because they're giving us random pieces of information every few months. They've given us the general premise, which isn't all over the place. It's very straightforward.
Oh it's not bothering me, that detail, it's more how weird Disney storytelling and press releases are these days.

It's odd to me it's something they're emphasizing. Not sure if it's a brief detail or a major point.

From the information so far it seems like an example of cramming too much in to one ride's story.

But again with all this stuff is this just back story for the designers? Just for the parks blog readers? Part of the queue? Part of the ride?

Can they actually do justice to all the cultures they mention or is it just quick references or characters on the ride?

Is it like the Incredicoaster where it's constant dialogue as story?

I'm not mad over it, it just stands out to me as part of many examples of Disney forgetting how to market attractions and missing the mark.

They should be out there showing how cool this ride is going to be and how they're going to blow us away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom